ADVERTISEMENT

Top underclassman (playing varsity) this season?

Grepos

Jun 16, 2019
Maybe get some names of who to watch for next season.

Josh Brown, 2022 DT Willowbrook. 10.5 sacks and he is very quick -catches up from the backside on many plays.

I’d like to see the 2022 or 2023 that we don’t know that much about yet that we should hear about by the end of next season.

This board has a lot of eyes on games...:)

Reactions: RD_Watcher
MC has numerous returning but as far as making the biggest splash will be

Justin Lynch-QB- Outstanding all around numbers

Kenenna Odeluga- RB/LB 1,300 rushing yards. 12 TD. 46 tackles, 7 sacks, 14 TFL

Austin Maciel-Haygood- LB- 117 tackles. 6 sacks

Ben Perry- Safety- 9 INTS. Great size and speed at 6’3 190

Definition of underclassman. : a member of the freshman or sophomore class in a school or college.
Underclassman | Definition of Underclassman by Merriam-Webster

I’d like to see the 2022 or 2023 that we don’t know that much about yet that we should hear about by the end of next season.

This board has a lot of eyes on games...:)
Guess the guys I named were upper classmen. JT Harris. 2022. Started every game at CB on Varsity this past season. Fresh team went 9-0 with a huge line and an outstanding RB. Look for 2023 TE Danny Novickas to see some time on Varsity possibly. Was impressed with what I saw out of him.

Reactions: sivada2001
All..... KeShon Singleton freshman wide out for SHG. The staff didn't really play him much in 2019 until the Cyclones took on Rochester in the playoffs. A mystery to many why. Multiple catches in that game including two for td's and another coming up a yard short for what would of been a third. Should be one of the top receivers in the pass happy CS8 if a decision is made to get the ball in his hands often. Unlimited this one. Ratsy

Reactions: Gene K.
Jared Badie, OLB Oswego East, Sophomore, 6’4 200lbs
1st year of high school football. Missed freshman year with an injury. Definitely passes the eyeball test and the kid can run. Like most young kids, he just needs to get stronger. Led the team in sacks and was 4th in tackles.

JCA had a bunch of 2022 kids playing on varsity this year:

Jordan Anderson RB
Aidan Voss QB
Josh Jones OL
Lavarion Logan DE
Nico Paolino DL/OL
Michael Rouse LB
Bobby Purchase LB

From JCA-all sophs this year

Jordan Anderson RB- Big time player. Size 6'2 220 and speed. Will be a top recruit
Aidan Voss QB- Had a nice year. Will end up being one of best JCA QB's
Josh Jones OL Huge kid 6'0 290
Michael Rouse/Robby Purchase LB - Both the soph linebackers have good size and are very athletic
Lovorain Logan DE - Chance to be a dominant player on defense.
Vinny Iannantone RB- Powerful kid with deceptive speed. Very hard runner.

There were a few other sophs who made contributions on the varsity

Underclasses are very good for JCA. They will be young again next year. There are a few frosh that have a chance to play on varsity next year as well.

Jordan Anderson RB
Aidan Voss QB
Josh Jones OL
Lavarion Logan DE
Nico Paolino DL/OL
Michael Rouse LB
Bobby Purchase LB

Sorry. we posted at the same time:D

Sorry. we posted at the same time:D
No doubt. Who do you see from the 2023 class having a chance of playing on varsity next year other than Hunter Powell? I know you know that class very well.

They deserve to be mentioned twice. Saw them as freshmen. Great class

Reactions: pjjp
No doubt. Who do you see from the 2023 class having a chance of playing on varsity next year other than Hunter Powell? I know you know that class very well.
I prefer not to put their names out there but an O lineman and there are a couple of kids who may end up on the D line and getting a look next year.

Reactions: pjjp
Jared Badie, OLB Oswego East, Sophomore, 6’4 200lbs
1st year of high school football. Missed freshman year with an injury. Definitely passes the eyeball test and the kid can run. Like most young kids, he just needs to get stronger. Led the team in sacks and was 4th in tackles.
He's a good kid too, my wife taught him in Jr. High.

Reactions: USD24

Jordan Anderson RB
Aidan Voss QB
Josh Jones OL
Lavarion Logan DE
Nico Paolino DL/OL
Michael Rouse LB
Bobby Purchase LB

This years JCA team reminded me of the 2006 team that preceded the next years state championship group. Can they duplicate that effort? I'm not sure but I can't see them being dominated by any team.

Soph 2022 OL for St. Rita Valen Erickson 6’6 250 will be someone to keep an eye on. Consistency and a strong off season will be key. Saw some misses but also some beautiful pancakes. When his footwork and aggressiveness is right, watch out.

Soph 2022 OL for St. Rita Joey Graham. Started as Frosh (first time I ever saw a frosh OL start at St. Rita) in 2018’s Prep Bowl playoff run. Missed Soph year due to injury but massive leverage and power.

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
Anderson is an Isaac clone. Should end up a college LB, with scary potential.

Reactions: USD24
Is it just me or are there a lot more sophs starting on varsity than in years past?

I'm not sure if this is a good thing. Great to see so many young men getting time, but does this also mean there is a depth issue because of more kids choosing not to play football?

Is it just me or are there a lot more sophs starting on varsity than in years past?

I'm not sure if this is a good thing. Great to see so many young men getting time, but does this also mean there is a depth issue because of more kids choosing not to play football?

If you have a highly recruited kid out of grade school and he is not up his soph year, I think you run the risk of him transferring to somewhere he will be up.

There are also a lot less Juniors now who will sit for a year. They would rather not play then be a backup/ special teams guy. Then a lot try to come back as Seniors and Quit when they are beaten out by someone who played the year before.

Reactions: RockSoup
If you have a highly recruited kid out of grade school and he is not up his soph year, I think you run the risk of him transferring to somewhere he will be up.

There are also a lot less Juniors now who will sit for a year. They would rather not play then be a backup/ special teams guy. Then a lot try to come back as Seniors and Quit when they are beaten out by someone who played the year before.
Especially if they play other sports. I'm seeing more and more kids give up their 2nd sport if they aren't going to play as a Junior and focus more on their number 1.

Especially if they play other sports. I'm seeing more and more kids give up their 2nd sport if they aren't going to play as a Junior and focus more on their number 1.

Yeah I can only think of one kid we have had who was a starter in another varsity sport that stayed out as a backup for football in the last five years. It doesn't happen often.

Loyola:

6'4” freshman qb Jake Stearney

6'5" freshman on the sophomore team TE and LB Joe Fitzgerald ( Pat's son ).

6’5” soph started on varsity TE J. Kyle

Mike Willians sophs D lineman started on varsity

I’ve never seen so many sophs get as much playing time on an LA varsity team. They are loaded for years to come.

LWE doesn't play freshman or sophomores on varsity unless you are an exceptional talent like AJ was.

Miles mcvay at esl. 6'5" 330 ol. I believe he is a fr and did a few of those AA games with jaylon mckenzie

Because there’s 126,485 kids in the school. Doesn’t varsity suit up about 3,500 kids?

Not quite Bowie. This year we’re at 2902. Warren was almost a third more at 4092. We were closer to the lower end of 8a than the upper end.

ADVERTISEMENT