ADVERTISEMENT

Top Teams to Watch for 2020?

Don’t tell anyone. They want to be a surprise. But Fenwick had 10 sophomores starting this year. 7 on offense. All skill guys are Soph with 1 jr. And jr coming back that was hurt all year. .
They got robbed of a finals app back in 16. Dont think the outcome of thr game would have changed but the kids deserved to be there

If ESL is 5A, Rochester will be 4A. The south bracket will remain the same.

All.... Not necessarily. It's an eight piece puzzle (8 classes) and shifts high or low or even pushing many into one class from two others can occur. It feasibly possible class 5A could have ESL and Rochester because both are true bubble teams on the edge. If there are weighted extremes from unexpected schools not thought to make postseason play it could happen. Not likely but as they say stranger things have happened. SHG, Rochester, JCA, and ESL all in the 5A south would be a H.S. fans wet dream for many. (lol) Ratsy

Reactions: jha618
Mount Carmel has 13 Returning Starters
6 on Defense
7 on Offense
With a Junior Class that has not lost a game in high school

GBS, MW and NT are expected to take a step up next year, all had talent scattered about this season.

Mount Carmel has 13 Returning Starters
6 on Defense
7 on Offense
With a Junior Class that has not lost a game in high school

All the close games Carmel had will be 21-28 point wins this year. (Besides the CCL Blue Games)

Loyola
BR
Rita
Marist
Rita
All return 12+ starters.

Loyola BR Marist will make up 2 of the 4 8a semifinals.

MC will win 7a. ( unless Nazareth recruit 3-4 new lineman, which is possible)

Rita will run a half back Toss to the semis in 5a.

The CCL will have more talent than ever before. Every running back and qb combo return.

The CCL will have more talent than ever before. Every running back and qb combo return.

I can name 5 teams in the CCL who do not return a QB-RB combo returning. Still celebrating the win from last night?

I can name 5 teams in the CCL who do not return a QB-RB combo returning. Still celebrating the win from last night?

Of the teams I mentioned in my list?

Loyola
Mc
Rita,
Marist (sorry qb1b started 5 games)
Br

Don’t really care about the rest.

I apologize to STL. their qb and RB Thomas are awesome.

Best of luck to montini

South Side being South Side. I get it.

Correct.

I have no affiliation or knowledge of any other teams. My opinion wouldn’t be worth sh**.

I know Rochester is awesome:).

And the CCL blue teams will be dominant next year. This years senior class was low on numbers and talent and they still had 1 state champ, 2 semis, and loyola.

Reactions: Gene K.
What about the Dons? They had a good year this year and gave LWE their 2nd toughest game of the playoffs.

What about the Dons? They had a good year this year and gave LWE their 2nd toughest game of the playoffs.

My scouting report on the dons this season was a tough as nails senior class with a top level JR athlete playing QB.

Dons are always tough and I’d bet they go 6-4 , 7-3 with a playoff win.

If you’re not bringing back elite talent on skill with quality linemen you won’t compete next year in 8a. Loyola, BR, and Marist have all of the above.

Reactions: dweise
Sigh, they say that every year...
I saw every LWE game this year and got to see their sophs play 7 games. This was the worst soph team in 15 years. East will have a monster O-line next year and Johnson returns. QB could be a mystery.

I think the Brook will be tough to beat next year and watch out for Lockport. They have a real coach, a great soph team this year and is building back to former glory.

Reactions: Iamjaytee
Sure, I think all these teams mentioned will be good to watch. But here’s the real team to watch: the video crew for the state championships. Can they find a cloth for next year? Any new transfers coming in who can up the skills positions? Will they bring in a new coach with new strategies to boost performance?

I saw every LWE game this year and got to see their sophs play 7 games. This was the worst soph team in 15 years. East will have a monster O-line next year and Johnson returns. QB could be a mystery.

I think the Brook will be tough to beat next year and watch out for Lockport. They have a real coach, a great soph team this year and is building back to former glory.
I thought there sophs where 8 and 1.

MC returns
QB- Justin Lynch
RB- Kenenna Odeluga
WR- Jaali Parker, Khyiem Schooler, Jack Butcher
OL- Gabe Krahn, Eddie Palomado, Sean Brady, Mike Dorbritch (injured for season week 7)

DL- Austin Ramirez
LB- Austin Maciel-Haygood, Tom Egan
DB- Ben Perry, Sam DeValle, JT Harris
K- Julian Patino

Mercy!
The Juniors are undefeated in all of their now 3 years.

Sure, I think all these teams mentioned will be good to watch. But here’s the real team to watch: the video crew for the state championships. Can they find a cloth for next year? Any new transfers coming in who can up the skills positions? Will they bring in a new coach with new strategies to boost performance?

WHY DIDN’T THEY WIPE OFF THE LENS?

The WSS doesn't have standing to boast or claim that the state should 'look out' for them, but the HC offense should be good next year. QB1 might be top a 5 QB in IL next year recruiting wise. He'll have a big and athletic o-line plus some other size and talent in the hallways right now.
I agree. The rising Sophomore class is bringing some talented, athletic kids up, and the Junior class from this years team is large and talented, with QB1 leading the way on offense, and Jack Costello breaking out on Defense.

Contreras will be difficult to replace, though.

CG will be better next year, most of OL coming back, losing Skol is tough, but they will reload. This years Soph and Freshmen classes are very good.

Reactions: mchsalumni
Oswego is returning 14-16 starters, depending on how you look at two-way starters and nickel guys, as well as, a 2022 class that is 16-2 so far and a 6'7" (2023) WR/TE.

Year in and year out it's all the usual suspects with a couple of them being really, really good. I'm more interested in watching Derek Leonard's assault on the record book for state championships. I believe this was his 14th or 15th season and he's what, mid-late 30s? Forgive me if my math is wrong or if I left someone out.

MC & JCA - 13
Providence - 10
ESL - 9
Rochester - 8
WW South - 7

Reactions: sivada2001
Hopefully Brother Rice is even better next year. With Lausch, Shaw, Myles Jones, Whelan, Josh Bell, Moorehead, Rogers coming back. That's a solid foundation. Not sure how good the O line will be. The D line will definitely take a step back in theory with the loss of Warren and Jefferson. 2019 was a fun year and I enjoyed the run they made. Even though it apparently shouldn't count because they got a "lucky draw".

Last edited:
Year in and year out it's all the usual suspects with a couple of them being really, really good. I'm more interested in watching Derek Leonard's assault on the record book for state championships. I believe this was his 14th or 15th season and he's what, mid-late 30s? Forgive me if my math is wrong or if I left someone out.

MC & JCA - 13
Providence - 10
ESL - 9
Rochester - 8
WW South - 7

JCA has 14 championships.

yes but they usually don’t lose so I guess that means their the worst in years
7-2 and lost Conference for the first time in LWE history. I do think though that they pulled up a couple of their best to varsity this year, which effected an already small team. Less and less kids are coming out for football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT