ADVERTISEMENT

Top IHSA Players Next Year

Mithiasen....big boy 6'3 285
Yeah and has been brought up in American folk wrestling...so not just big...but also has low center of gravity and explosive hips. I think he literally threw one of HC's LBs off his feet and on his back with one arm last fall (have to check his highlight again to confirm).

Yeah and has been brought up in American folk wrestling...so not just big...but also has low center of gravity and explosive hips. I think he literally threw one of HC's LBs off his feet and on his back with one arm last fall (have to check his highlight again to confirm).
And the kid can sell himself. Absolutely one of the best all around kids playing anywhere in high school. FBS or FCS Defensive Tackle or Offensive Center. Smart...smart kid. Anyone 285 lbs shouldn't be allowed to do the splits. Lets see how much help he gets from within. No reason York shouldn't make him one of the highest profile recruits around. Oh....btw...this IS the best O-line in Illinois HS Football. CL South had it last year...York has it this year. PLEASE dont throw York!

And the kid can sell himself. Absolutely one of the best all around kids playing anywhere in high school. FBS or FCS Defensive Tackle or Offensive Center. Smart...smart kid. Anyone 285 lbs shouldn't be allowed to do the splits. Lets see how much help he gets from within. No reason York shouldn't make him one of the highest profile recruits around. Oh....btw...this IS the best O-line in Illinois HS Football. CL South had it last year...York has it this year. PLEASE dont throw York!

You mean the CL South team that went 6-5 and only managed to put up 7 points against NND in the playoffs? The same NND that gave up 33 pts to a 5A team 2 weeks earlier. CL South may have had a good O-Line, but to say it was the best in the state is kind of silly.

You mean the CL South team that went 6-5 and only managed to put up 7 points against NND in the playoffs? The same NND that gave up 33 pts to a 5A team 2 weeks earlier. CL South may have had a good O-Line, but to say it was the best in the state is kind of silly.
I would adjust it to *most talented

Most Talented....rather....

I was being posative and complimenting a great kid/player. Way to look at the negative! Looks like someones starting early!

How would you compare him to the Maine South kid now at Michigan State?
Tough to say much here. That kid was on another level. If my memory is OK then the MS kid is a bit taller and carried some more weight. Not sure if he has a wrestling background, which might indicate some tough-to-measure differences like balance and footwork. The York kid's bucket steps on pulls are a real treat to see. I feel so bad for every DE in the WSS this year.

But in any case you may have seen more of the MS kid than I did so you'll have to try to make it to a York game this year!

Reactions: Wassup13
Jarvis is a beast. Which makes Inserras praise of Skoronski more impressive

Stop me if I'm wrong but wasn't Jarvis only Offensive early in the season, then when he started playing both ways, Maine South was a different team on defense.

Stop me if I'm wrong but wasn't Jarvis only Offensive early in the season, then when he started playing both ways, Maine South was a different team on defense.
He played some defense early then of course his time increased through the playoffs.

The best player in the state will be on the defensive side of the ball. Marcus Griffin #45 Nazareth MLB. Ray Lewis in Sam Mills body. He plays at a different level.

The best player in the state will be on the defensive side of the ball. Marcus Griffin #45 Nazareth MLB. Ray Lewis in Sam Mills body. He plays at a different level.
He's maybe my favorite Roadrunner defensive player ever and that includes me.

Marcus is so much fun to watch. My wife teaches at his former middle school and he's a great young man as well.

Willis Singleton Jr. will be the best player in NSC and Illinois. He is the Aaron Donald of Illinois HS football. That is why he has 18 offers as a DT/NT. Not many kids at 285-290 can convert speed to power like Willis ... he can not be blocked by 1 or 2 kids. In general Warren defense will be the best in State. How many teams in Illinois have 5-6 legit D1 kids on defense !

Willis Singleton Jr. will be the best player in NSC and Illinois. He is the Aaron Donald of Illinois HS football. That is why he has 18 offers as a DT/NT. Not many kids at 285-290 can convert speed to power like Willis ... he can not be blocked by 1 or 2 kids. In general Warren defense will be the best in State. How many teams in Illinois have 5-6 legit D1 kids on defense !

Well then Warren should have a cake walk to a State Championship? When was the last time Warren won state?

Well then Warren should have a cake walk to a State Championship? When was the last time Warren won state?

Corey is like to think you’re smarter than that comment. JR is a dominant player - was as a junior but as you know as a LWE fan, it takes much more than one really good player to win state.

Reactions: Quags57 and Gene K.
As others have said, the Caravan's Kenenna Odeluga was a force last year as a sophomore, already a one-man highlight reel. Will probably be a two-way at running back and MLB.
He reminds me of Mike Burden

Uh oh. I better bit my tongue or you’ll harass and threaten the wrong person again, lmao.
Just be fair and posative. You brought up who you are btw and who really cares. You have a right to do what you want to do. I now get what Naz does and thats to provide opportunities for kids. Naz has opened a lot of doors for kids who wouldn't have had that opportunity at a lot of public schools. Keep on keepin' on. A championship program doesn't need to ever bash others. Naz is #1 this year until some other team proves us wrong.

One more player...yep...another York Kid...Jack Wall...another O-Line Kid. He was a puppy German Shepherd last year. Now...6'6"..285 lbs. Incredible hand positioning and footwork. One of the four monsters available for picking at York. He is a top ten lineman for 2020 just like Mathiasen. If York throws more than 10 times a game...all coaches should get a beatdown! Dont knock this kid...Northwestern certainly likes him (As well as Lovie).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT