ADVERTISEMENT

today's pritzker PC

King MJ

Jul 22, 2001
Basketball, wrestling and hockey "upgraded" to high risk.

IHSA board meeting tomorrow, but likely no season or very delayed season.

Did anyone hear Dr. Ezike say if you attend a large party for Thanksgiving you might reconvene for a Christmas funeral? Good lord. After hearing that I’m not surprised about this sports announcement.

• Wow
Reactions: Gene K.
He also said they aren't cancelled but "on hold". Here we go again. Truly remarkable. We're going to watch other states play

I just about fell out of my recliner reading that Mayor Lightfoot is not on the same page with JB closing indoor dining in the city.

Did anyone hear Dr. Ezike say if you attend a large party for Thanksgiving you might reconvene for a Christmas funeral? Good lord. After hearing that I’m not surprised about this sports announcement.
You would have to invite about 1,000 people over for that to be even remotely accurate.

This youtube may be a bit long but it explains a lot if the disingenuousness by the Governor. I believe we’ve all had enough at this point.

Reactions: Bowie50
This youtube may be a bit long but it explains a lot if the disingenuousness by the Governor. I believe we’ve all had enough at this point.

Thank you for sharing. It is basically criminal at this point. This is what I don’t understand about the media, the facts used by Orland Park’s mayor are available to everyone, why is the Governor and IDPH allowed to talk and mandate without a level a scrutiny equal to the level of hypocrisy or selective data usage clearly evident?

Reactions: Googertys Dog
Thank you for sharing. It is basically criminal at this point. This is what I don’t understand about the media, the facts used by Orland Park’s mayor are available to everyone, why is the Governor and IDPH allowed to talk and mandate without a level a scrutiny equal to the level of hypocrisy or selective data usage clearly evident?
The main reason is that the media is absolutely horrific. Aside from Amy Jacobson, I haven’t heard another media member question anything Pritzker and Enzike put out there. More puzzling to me is where is the Illinois Republican Party? Darren Bailey is the only one that has stood up to Pritzker.

What does it say about the state of Chicago’s media when the tough questions don’t come from the Trib, the Sun-Times, the Daily Herald, the Southtown, CBS, NBC, ABC, WGN, WTTW, WFLD ... but from the morning co-host of a small radio station?

What does it say about the state of Chicago’s media when the tough questions don’t come from the Trib, the Sun-Times, the Daily Herald, the Southtown, CBS, NBC, ABC, WGN, WTTW, WFLD ... but from the morning co-host of a small radio station?
She comes from the only conservative outlet in Chicago.

Reactions: ignazio
To me it says what I already know. The media ( local and national) are not impartial. If anything they are activists and partisan players. It’s shameful what has become of journalism.

I just about fell out of my recliner reading that Mayor Lightfoot is not on the same page with JB closing indoor dining in the city.

I wouldn't put it past her to take that opportunity and attempt to use it to her advantage. He beat her to the punch on something she was likely going to do anyway. In so doing, he gave her an opportunity to score points with the restauranteurs and food service workers by making it look like she is against him on this move.

I wouldn't put it past her to take that opportunity and attempt to use it to her advantage. He beat her to the punch on something she was likely going to do anyway. In so doing, he gave her an opportunity to score points with the restauranteurs and food service workers by making it look like she is against him on this move.
I wondered if she was just doing it for show. She had to save face after trying to sell her absurd budget plan.

Meanwhile making her hypocrisy shine even brighter.

It is an insult to the restaurant/bar owners and the public to expect all to swallow this "good cop, bad cop" act between Lightfoot and Pritzger.

little birdies are reporting that IHSA is going against JB and Ezike- giving winter sports a go and allowing schools to decide on fans. Please be true!

Reactions: missingwalter
Couldn't the individual school districts have defied the order anyway? Doesn't the IHSA only govern the state series? I am not super confident this changes anything, we shall see.

Couldn't the individual school districts have defied the order anyway? Doesn't the IHSA only govern the state series? I am not super confident this changes anything, we shall see.
Technically I believe you are correct. They only really govern the state series. Individual schools/conferences could always have legally played on their own.

little birdies are reporting that IHSA is going against JB and Ezike- giving winter sports a go and allowing schools to decide on fans. Please be true!
It happened. Now I wonder if Ezike will let her daughter play. How can she be so hypocritical. Except JB is so power hungry I would bet he shuts down all schools shortly so they can't play.

JB brought up school districts taking on legal liability if they defied the mitigation standard the state set up.

Give me a lost of all the schools that have been sued over Covid in this country since August.

Give me a lost of all the schools that have been sued over Covid in this country since August.
Relax, I am just presenting the information he stated.
I assume he will use this as a way to dissuade school districts from going again the recommendation, whether factual or not.

JB brought up school districts taking on legal liability if they defied the mitigation standard the state set up.

I read that differently. I thought he was referring to the IHSA and not the school districts. In rereading the quote, I don't think it is clear who he is referring to. Both the districts and the IHSA? Good luck seeking restraining orders on all the districts.

"So, IHSA may have their views of it, but school districts know what the rules are, and I think that it’s unfortunate, but they would probably be taking on legal liability if they went ahead and moved beyond what the state has set as the mitigation standard,”

Furthermore, what kind of legal liability. On the part of the state, as in the state would sue? Or on the part of parents of athletes who contract the disease?

Bottom line: He's grasping at straws.

I think private schools will play 100%. I think most public schools will, however, those who play in non-school (park district)facilities will be more challenged.

Can't see CPS playing at all though. No way their union allows it if kids arent back to school

ADVERTISEMENT