ADVERTISEMENT

To my fellow Veterans, Happy Veterans Day!

McCaravan

Gold Member
Feb 1, 2016
To all my fellow Veterans and to the countless former IHSA Football players who went on to serve our country, Happy Veterans Day. And to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice, may they Rest In Peace.

McCaravan
United States Marine Corps Veteran
Semper Fi

To all my fellow Veterans and to the countless former IHSA Football players who went on to serve our country, Happy Veterans Day. And to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice, may they Rest In Peace.

McCaravan
Semper Fi

McCaravan,

I'm not a vet, but my dad is and it still means alot to me so I thank you for posting this. My dad is a ND grad who entered the Army after graduating in 1957 and was chosen for Special Forces. He ultimately became a Green Beret and served for over 2 and 1/2 years (April 1959 to December 1961) as a light weapons infantry advisor to the Hmong tribesmen fighting all the communist bastards trying to take over Laos. He's got some great stories.

Last edited:
Never served, my father did (Korea)...when this day rolls around each year I like to not only thank the veterans who served, but their families as well...military families go through things non-military families don't...only having one parent at times, stress, moving from town to town, and sometimes loss...so thank you to ALL family members of those who served us on this day.

McCaravan
Semper Fi
Amen to that- thank you and those who have served for their Service

Thanks to all veterans who served in all capacities. My grandfather and uncle both served, so I have a great appreciation for any and all who have served our country. Tremendous thanks to all of their families as well as they sacrifice a great deal as well. It’s thanks to all you great men and women that we are afforded great luxuries and others around the world are as well. Whether we back the school by Six Flags up north or the team near Six Flags in St.Louis, I think all of us here back all branches of the military for their great sacrifices and service. We’re forever in debt to you for all that you’ve done

Hooters_MilitaryUniforms_Salute.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT