ADVERTISEMENT

Time for a Hail Mary...

pass aka a lawsuit against the state IHSA etc....otherwise the #LetUsPlay efforts will fade away.

Then get ready for even more questions regarding starting practices in February, how many games will we play etc. all of which we have gotten zero guidance since July.
Nothing even planned for February yet? How much does the people running the IHSA get paid?

I don’t know Edgy, like I said in the thread I put up last night, if there was going to be a lawsuit it would have been filed by now....I just don’t think they believe they have more then a “throw crap at the wall and see if it sticks” case.....

Ooo boy, JB got a little hot today with the presser again addressing sports, his daughter riding horses, football in the spring. Hope he gets asked and pushed every single day. Basketball better be paying attention

I don’t know Edgy, like I said in the thread I put up last night, if there was going to be a lawsuit it would have been filed by now....I just don’t think they believe they have more then a “throw crap at the wall and see if it sticks” case.....
Agreed.

SOMEONE, particularly in central or southern IL, would have filed if there was even the most remote chance of victory.

They are still working on the fall sports then the winter sports it is always changing.

It is time to embrace the Spring and make it is good as possible. No one wants to talk about how JCA, St Rita, Loyola, and Coal City have had to shut down since school started. Those would have been forfeits. My fear is they start the Fall get half way through they have to call it off and we are screwed.

They are still working on the fall sports then the winter sports it is always changing.

It is time to embrace the Spring and make it is good as possible. No one wants to talk about how JCA, St Rita, Loyola, and Coal City have had to shut down since school started. Those would have been forfeits. My fear is they start the Fall get half way through they have to call it off and we are screwed.

Teams are going to have to forfiet games no matter when the season is played. If that is not accepted then it it pointless to ever play.

The issue right now is NO ONE has any plans for the spring....none

At some point, the world will stop overreacting about this virus and put plans in place to operate.

Gotta keep on him. What is his offices email? Send him emails every minute. Call. Fax. Make his aides cry.

Your not going to scare this fat fool with a law suit. He has been down that road before. Someone has to have some dirt on the Rolly Polly. If it revolves around money all the better. This guy runs a corrupt bankrupt state you need to get down to his level to make him flinch. He doesn’t give two squats about youth sports or kids in general. All he cares about is money and control. Take the control away then it’s just money.

They chose to, they didn't have to.

Reactions: USD24
Maybe deep down he really just cares about every one of us and will do what he can to protect us. After all, we er some of you voted for him and he’s paying back his gratitude. I think I better go barf now...

Unfortunately there has been nobody good to vote for in at least the last 2 elections for governer. I don't vote for the office if I don't like either candidate.

Ooo boy, JB got a little hot today with the presser again addressing sports, his daughter riding horses, football in the spring. Hope he gets asked and pushed every single day. Basketball better be paying attention
This dude needs to be pressed everyday, I have not seen on media member ask who these so called "experts" are. He needs to have them present the information to based to make his decisions or admit there are no "EXPERTS". Until everyone demands that the media push for this we will never get answers. If they have information that no other state has that justifies not allowing sports then they are negligent in not providing that information to every other state.

Maybe deep down he really just cares about every one of us and will do what he can to protect us. After all, we er some of you voted for him and he’s paying back his gratitude. I think I better go barf now...
OMG I almost lost it on the first sentence, good thing I read the whole post before replying.

pass aka a lawsuit against the state IHSA etc....otherwise the #LetUsPlay efforts will fade away.

Then get ready for even more questions regarding starting practices in February, how many games will we play etc. all of which we have gotten zero guidance since July.
Lawsuit needs to come from a group of 2021 player families, I thin based on the new Name Image Likeness rules that NCAA is using there is a claim for illegal taking under the fourth and fourteenth amendment. These kids not being able to play while others are and being able to be recruited while Illinois can't is impacting possible future incomes for the students. I am not a lawyer (Biology/chemistry/engineering, so if you want to talk about covid data I can do that all day long) so can't say but i know that is the route small businesses have been taking. I think the New NCAA rules may open up some possible avenues for a creative lawyer.

Reactions: IgorStL
This dude needs to be pressed everyday, I have not seen on media member ask who these so called "experts" are. He needs to have them present the information to based to make his decisions or admit there are no "EXPERTS". Until everyone demands that the media push for this we will never get answers. If they have information that no other state has that justifies not allowing sports then they are negligent in not providing that information to every other state.
The least we can do is make JB sweat, it's good for him and his health.

ADVERTISEMENT