ADVERTISEMENT

This week.....

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Lots going on....Thursday I'll check out a little bit of the West Suburban 7on7 at AT then I'm heading down to SIU for the Salukis 7on7 and linemen camp on Friday. Saturday I'm trying to jump between DGS 7on7 then the 5BIG's linemen camp at Brother Rice. Also lots of trvel and events the following week as well including potentially trips to EIU and WIU

7 v 7 tonight at Antioch. Looking forward to see the Carmel transfers throw it and catch it at Antioch.

It was Lakes, Marian Central, Prairie Ridge and Antioch.
First off - Antioch's turf/field was beautiful. Literally looks brand new!
The Antioch QB had great form and threw a beautiful ball. I had a hard time telling which player that his brother was. The one thing that the guys around me kept commenting on was the amount of time that it took for their pass plays to develop....like 5-6 seconds. There were no timers or officials on the field. Antioch's second QB was impressive as well and they were the one team there that seemed to play with a bit of a swagger. Both QB's were able to throw the seam pass really well. Lakes and Marian were both competitive but had secondary's that appeared pretty vulnerable. I was pleasantly surprised with the Prairie Ridge offensive side of the ball. They were extremely efficient and moved the ball down the field fairly easily. They have some taller receivers (not real fast) that know how to use their body's to box out the defenders. Their QB throws a nice ball and was able to go through his reads. Prairie Ridge's defensive secondary was in shambles. There were numerous instances where wide receivers were so open that there was not a defender within 10-15 yards. Marian's starting QB was very efficient as well. He did not force any balls and was very efficient. Lakes had some decent athletes and had a bigger receiver that played with an edge.

It was Lakes, Marian Central, Prairie Ridge and Antioch.
First off - Antioch's turf/field was beautiful. Literally looks brand new!
The Antioch QB had great form and threw a beautiful ball. I had a hard time telling which player that his brother was. The one thing that the guys around me kept commenting on was the amount of time that it took for their pass plays to develop....like 5-6 seconds. There were no timers or officials on the field. Antioch's second QB was impressive as well and they were the one team there that seemed to play with a bit of a swagger. Both QB's were able to throw the seam pass really well. Lakes and Marian were both competitive but had secondary's that appeared pretty vulnerable. I was pleasantly surprised with the Prairie Ridge offensive side of the ball. They were extremely efficient and moved the ball down the field fairly easily. They have some taller receivers (not real fast) that know how to use their body's to box out the defenders. Their QB throws a nice ball and was able to go through his reads. Prairie Ridge's defensive secondary was in shambles. There were numerous instances where wide receivers were so open that there was not a defender within 10-15 yards. Marian's starting QB was very efficient as well. He did not force any balls and was very efficient. Lakes had some decent athletes and had a bigger receiver that played with an edge.
Do you know which kid was playing QB for Marian?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT