ADVERTISEMENT

They've conquered Illinois now to go national...

Pick Central is always one of the top programs in Central Ohio. They have been producing a lot of D1 talent for the last 10-15 years. This team is no different. I would say Phillips can hang but the overall scheme, coaching, and execution will be on PCs side.

I anticipate a rude awakening for Phillips, but hope I am wrong.

tenor.gif

Hope they don’t try to go man like they did a couple years ago against Rochester at state. Get in cover 2 and play safe. No need to bring 7 every play.

Can we just crown Phillips 6A champs today? Who in Illinois is going to beat this team?

i'd be glad to be wrong here. Pick C's D leaves much to be desired.

So Philips found some answers and forced the punt then turned it into a score. Now 21-18 Ohio. PATs are gonna be a big issue for Philips in this game. One other comment, why does the moron keep yelling overrated after every successful Philips play. Take credit for Philips being that good not that Ohio is overrated!

Phillips defense with no answers

That’s about the 3rd or 4th big hit Smith has taken in this one. Cream is going to rise to the top in this game

That was a filthy good hit and scoop and score from that big DE from Pickering with the linebacker scooping it up and scoring.

Two turnovers in less than a minute. Take a knee and get into half.

Ouch turned that second turnover into a TD. The wheels are in danger of falling off -Phillips needs to regroup and take a deep breath at half time and get after it in second half.

I lived in Cleveland for a couple years for work in 2003-2005. Went to some of the area games with neighbors for Saint Ignatius and Saint Edward and think I saw a team or two in from Cincinnati - the level of football was much much higher than what I was used to seeing in the Northwest (State of Washington - Seattle, Spokane, Tricities, Yakima etc). It’s the real deal in Ohio. I don’t think Phillips has the depth to hang with those teams. They may have the talent - but turnoverovers will beat talent any day of the week.

I lived in Cleveland for a couple years for work in 2003-2005. Went to some of the area games with neighbors for Saint Ignatius and Saint Edward and think I saw a team or two in from Cincinnati - the level of football was much much higher than what I was used to seeing in the Northwest (State of Washington - Seattle, Spokane, Tricities, Yakima etc). It’s the real deal in Ohio. I don’t think Phillips has the depth to hang with those teams. They may have the talent - but turnoverovers will beat talent any day of the week.
This is just another glaring reminder of where we stand on the national landscape with high school football. Plain and simple, the big 5, Texas, Ohio, California, Pennsylvania, and Florida, are in a different football galaxy.

This is just another glaring reminder of where we stand on the national landscape with high school football. Plain and simple, the big 5, Texas, Ohio, California, Pennsylvania, and Florida, are in a different football galaxy.
Disagree. Naperville Central went toe to toe with St. Eds last year.

Reactions: USD24
I love that Alexander Graham-Bell Geico commercial, "My # is 1, you must want 2, two I say"

With all due respect, I think Loyola, LWE, Maine South would all be very competitive with this pickerington team.

Disagree. Naperville Central went toe to toe with St. Eds last year.
St Ed’s in all fairness did not win the Ohio State championship last year. Phillips is arguably the best team in Illinois and is getting throttled on national tv

Another wide open WR with no defender in the screen that goes for a 73yard TD. This is getting ugly.

Question: Does Phillips fall in the various ChicagoLand all classification rankings with this showing?

St Ed’s in all fairness did not win the Ohio State championship last year. Phillips is arguably the best team in Illinois and is getting throttled on national tv

I don’t think Phillips is the best team in Illinois. Their Oline is suspect and they can’t seem to cover anyone. Their are WRs running free with no DB in the picture screen.

Reactions: Gene K.
They fell apart. Poor calls by MCalister to end the half. Their line looks out of shape and gassed by the second quarter. Undisciplined. QB average at best. That being said this Ohio team is very good. Lot of D-1. Phillips will roll through the CPS and finish the rest of the season undefeated but are beatable in the playoffs.

Another receiver with no DB within 10 yards. Hell that was a DLineman out for a pass I think I could have covered him.

Phillips would not fair well against any of the 7A/8A teams with well developed passing games. Don’t care how much individual talent they have. I am not impressed at all.

And Phillips won 5A. Thats the 4th tier.
Noted... but do we really think any team in Illinois could compete with this team? I could be wrong, but I don’t think there is a defense anywhere in Illinois that could hold this team down.

ADVERTISEMENT