ADVERTISEMENT

The Pace Bowl

I think KC has to be the clear favorite here. Although after only predicting one game right last week(Seattle), I’m not sure how much faith I can have in predictions

Mahomes vs Watson

Who you got this weekend?
Wassup...you've been remarkably subdued. I thought you'd be all over the fact that Watson's O-line is not very good (he was sacked 7 times against the Bills), yet he still made enough plays to win the game. The play he made in OT after getting hit by two guys simultaneously is one for the ages.

The guy couldn't play for the Bears, though. :cool:

Reactions: Wassup13
Pjjp,

I have not seen a QB get hit more than Watson for an entire year and survive. His o line cannot protect him. Its amazing he not only got his team to the playoffs but all the way to the 2nd round.

If they had a o line that could protect him, I think you would see Clemson like success year after year in the NFL.

Hopefully WR Fuller can play this week. He is the guy that stretches out the defense with a deep threat for Watson.

Very excited to see all the young QBs play next weekend including Jackson, Mahomes and Watson as well as Wilson and Garappolo.

Last edited:
The one thing a lot of people overlooked and continue to overlook is the Buffalo defense. It was outstanding. Only New England gave up fewer points this year. Buffalo was a team that had trouble scoring points this year. Of all the teams that made the playoffs, the Bills scored the fewest points this season averaging only 19 per game. And that was what a lot of people talked about before their game against Houston. Which was why I picked the Texans. But, I will predict, without and key injuries, Buffalo will win the AFC East next year.

As far as Houston and Kansas City goes. The Texans rang up 31 points against KCs defense in their October 13th meeting in KC. The Chiefs' defense is suspect. Many say the defense played well down the stretch and on paper they did. But 4 of their last 5 opponents had trouble scoring all year, Including the Bears. JJ Watt was outstanding for Houston last week and he'll get after Mahomes.

But, with all that said, I don't expect the Texans to score 31 against KC. They only averaged 23 all season. This is the hardest game for me to pick this weekend. I think it's a toss up. But, I have to go with KC in a very close game because they are at home and they are rested. However, I won't be surprised if Houston wins and three out of the four road teams won this past weekend.

Hopefully Pace realized his BIG mistake before watching the Pace Bowl!

You can see what happens with Nagy’s (Reid’s) offense when you have a good tight end and a decent line. Both qb’s today have overthrown receivers lousy like 10.

Reactions: go dogz
So question for you all.
How do you think Mahomes/Watson do with this year’s bears Offense?

personally I think the result would be the same for the bears

So question for you all.

Your nuts! The offense would be great! Great QBs make other great players on offense. This would be Nagy's type of QB. The o line would be willing to die playing for one of these QBs and not giving up in training camp because you already know your QB sucks before game 1.

Your nuts! The offense would be great! Great QBs make other great players on offense. This would be Nagy's type of QB. The o line would be willing to die playing for one of these QBs and not giving up in training camp because you already know your QB sucks before game 1.

Maybe I am buts but with no tight end (vital to that offense. Kielce with 10 catches and three touchdowns as if this writing) and two reserve linemen one of which just converted from defense plus the rest of the oline that hasn’t moved anyone for two years I think they would look as bad as Trubisky

Reactions: forlouann
Maybe I am buts but with no tight end (vital to that offense. Kielce with 10 catches and three touchdowns as if this writing) and two reserve linemen one of which just converted from defense plus the rest of the oline that hasn’t moved anyone for two years I think they would look as bad as Trubisky

Then just keep lousy Tribs and good luck to you and your team.

Yes this is Anthony Davis, a Chicago kid. Another reason to dislike the Lakers!

Have you watched any of the Texans' games? Their O-line is awful. Watson is running for his life on many plays, yet he still makes plays. It's insulting to even suggest either Watson or Mahomes would be as bad and Trubisky, even with that collection of garbage the Bears have on offense. As has been stated, great QB's elevate those around them. Would Mahomes be as good on the Bears as he is on KC? No, but he would be an enormous upgrade over Trubisky and would not be anywhere near as bad as ol Mitch.

LOL
He’s there to watch the game. Why in the world would he want to move to Milwaukee? Yes I know they have a good team but Milwaukee? Why?

Well some of the big name basketball experts on tv were saying he really does not want to play long with Lebron and the Lakers and would be taking a look at the Bucks.

So question for you all.

LWeast, you are right. Anyone who honestly thinks, with a straight face, that adding only a QB to this offense suddenly makes the Bears a powerhouse playoff team is insane. Who the F**k is gonna block for him. Massie, Leno? Those guys couldn't block me without drawing a holding penalty. Well, maybe they could, but not for long!! LOL!

Have you watched any of the Texans' games? Their O-line is awful. Watson is running for his life on many plays, yet he still makes plays. It's insulting to even suggest either Watson or Mahomes would be as bad and Trubisky, even with that collection of garbage the Bears have on offense. As has been stated, great QB's elevate those around them. Would Mahomes be as good on the Bears as he is on KC? No, but he would be an enormous upgrade over Trubisky and would not be anywhere near as bad as ol Mitch.
I agree with you to a point. I have been to a Texans game and I agree their offensive line sucks. But it's better than the Bears O line. Watson has been running around all year and has gotten flustered as a result. Carlos Hyde is better than any of the RBs the Bears have and so is Duke Johnson. And in general, Watson has better WR targets to throw to. The TEs are also a LOT better. Are they better because of Watson? Well, I think the two can go together as I have always said virtually every single great QB had great or very good WRs to throw to.

Do I think the Bears would be better with either Mahomes, Watson, Jackson or a host of others? Yes, I do. But they wouldn't make a sudden leap to the upper echelon. They need a lot of offensive help. And you think Watson runs around a lot now? They would have to put a pair of track shoes on the man if he came here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT