ADVERTISEMENT

The guy from Maine South is best coach in the state.

I've contended none of the above. But, of course, you know that. You are at the point in this argument where you resort to immaturity, hyperbole, and claiming that I contend things that I did not.

Move along now. Nothing to see here.
Sure whatever makes you feel better.

The "head" of the SW Conference is an East administrator, who literally, lived a block from me. Anyway ... I can see the no-petition up conference rule coming from East based on the coach's comments here: some kids need the extra publicity and exposure so they end up at ESL - at least that's the claim.

Reactions: flyerforlife
Be intellectually honest. Would Loyola even be a playoff team every year with just the kids in the Wilmette school district?

Be intellectually honest. Would Maine South even be a playoff team every year with a $15K tuition bill for mom and dad?

Plus Bellville East according to their former coach.

If you read the article Belleville East coach never mentioned ESL, he mentioned "recruiting". He had a few kids leave and play for several different schools. The furthest was his starting safety from last year played Corner/ Safety for Lutheran North (the team Naz played) this year. The news paper brought up a kid at ESL as an example to stir the pot. The kid they used transferred after his 9th grade year in which he had 1 varsity carry at BE. I am sure that wasn't who the coach was thinking about when making that comment but hey, there nothing like a good story.

What's interesting is the Basketball coach didn't quit when his best player went across the City to help West win a title.

Reactions: flyerforlife
Inserra and Holecek are both great coaches. They both utilize their available talent to the utmost. Both are class act guys too and represent their teams in an exemplary manner. Never hear either one put down an opponent. This year, Holecek after three losses, has to be IMO coach of the year in Illinois after winning the 8A championship.

That wasn't the question. Why are you dodging?
It’s disengenuous. It posits a false assumption that everyone pays full tuition. Would Loyola be state champions this year if every kid on their football team had to pay full tuition? Would they have the exact same roster?

I am not denying Holecek is an outstanding coach. Just the misperception that they are a ragtag bunch of misfits playing against superior talent that they can only overcome by genius level coaching.

It’s disengenuous. It posits a false assumption that everyone pays full tuition. Would Loyola be state champions this year if every kid on their football team had to pay full tuition? Would they have the exact same roster?

I am not denying Holecek is an outstanding coach. Just the misperception that they are a ragtag bunch of misfits playing against superior talent that they can only overcome by genius level coaching.

Well I guess I understand your point, but I would argue you don't understand football.

Ask yourself
I didn't say that it was.

But actually, this conversation got me to thinking. It's not an issue within the context of public/private, but it very well may be in the context of private/private and may be a classification method should there ever be a split.

I didn't say that it was.

But actually, this conversation got me to thinking. It's not an issue within the context of public/private, but it very well may be in the context of private/private and may be a classification method should there ever be a split.

The conversation between you and you LOL? That is thinking yes.

I think we are all going crazy.

Reactions: mchsalumni

Answer the question.

Where would WN and MS be if they charged $15K a year, with a substantial minority of kids receiving financial aid?

Twice you've been asked, and twice you've ducked/deflected.
I answered your question with the quality of answer it deserved. It is sad that you are so insecure about the success of your team. Just enjoy your state championship and your fantastic coach. I have my opinion and you have yours. You aren't going to change mine by asking me stupid questions.

The IHSA did that to screw over a little Catholic school named Althoff.

The IHSA decided against adding 4A Belleville Althoff, the 5-4 team with the most playoff points, to the field. That would have forced the association to re-draw the 4A, 5A, 6A and 7A brackets.
What?

I answered your question with the quality of answer it deserved. It is sad that you are so insecure about the success of your team. Just enjoy your state championship and your fantastic coach. I have my opinion and you have yours. You aren't going to change mine by asking me stupid questions.

You are the king of stupid questions, like asking me how Loyola would be if they only enrolled kids from Wilmette. Thought I would give you a taste of your own medicine and ask you how WN would be in football if they charged tuition like a private school.

You are the king of stupid questions, like asking me how Loyola would be if they only enrolled kids from Wilmette. Thought I would give you a taste of your own medicine and ask you how WN would be in football if they charged tuition like a private school.
I am only King of Stupid questions when I am dealing with stupid people. You should see my awesome questions when I deal with smart people. Smart people refer to me as the Sultan of Smart Questions. I will humor you though because you are so humorless.

If Wheaton North charged for tuition first of all they wouldn't be a public school. If there was a private school the size of Wheaton North due to a necessity like poor public school quality in the area or whatnot than yes the families of this area could definitely afford to support such a school. This large private would in all likelihood put St. Francis and Wheaton Academy in severe financial jeopardy and they would probably go the route of Driscoll.

Those students that couldn't afford it would be recruited from the BGYFL (local youth football league) routinely to play at this school where "academic" or "need-based" scholarships would be given out like Cheetos. This is a sports crazy area with a ton of talent so this fictional team would be a very dominant force in the state playoffs every year no question. Even without a genius coach. Happy now?

And the article doesn't cover the star running back from Missouri that was promised cloths and a used car.

Nor does it cover the kid was ruled eligible and played Basketball for East St. Louis after an extensive investigation. I know, that doesn't fit you narrative. Not sure what your point is.

By the way, the kid graduated from East St. Louis and Kansas University after playing football for 4 years. Glad the kid wasn't affected by this BS. Last time we spoke I don't believe he has spoken with his dad since this article.

Bowie, if you had to estimate what % of kids on this year's LA varsity roster are from the village of Glenview, the eastern border of which is within a five minute walk from the SW corner of LA's main campus, and which also contains Loyola's athletic campus, what would you say it is? Not just OLPH kids, but all of Glenview. I'm going to guess between a quarter and a third.

Here is an interesting figure 85% on LA's fb team either were from the NT district or went to a catholic grade school. The largest % of kids from a catholic grade school at LA is OLPH in Glenview.

A couple of years ago the former coach at GBS got up at their fb banquet and said, if all the kids who live in Glenview went to GBS we would compete for state titles every. Supposedly the parents were irate as the coach basically crapped all over his own players.

I find interesting that at OLPH, 60 to 65% of the 8th grade class goes to Loyola, but yet over a 4 to 5 year arch, the LA kids win multiple state titles in multiple sports where GBS often struggles to get above .500. The kids come from the same pool but the kids at LA seem to have much greater success why?

Reactions: eireog
ADVERTISEMENT