ADVERTISEMENT

The CCL/ESCC Prognostication Thread - Week VI

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
And just like that, we're at the Grand Finale.

MC @ BR
neutral field
[2020] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 35, [2020] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 24

LA @ M
neutral field
[2020] Loyola Academy (Wilmette, IL) 27, [2020] Marist (Chicago, IL) 6

SR @ ND
neutral field
[2020] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 35, [2020] Notre Dame (Niles, IL) 10

MCHS @ PC
neutral field
[2020] Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 19, [2020] Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 14

DLS @ SL
neutral field
[2020] Nazareth Academy (LaGrange Park, IL) 21, [2020] Benet Academy (Lisle, IL) 13

BA @ Naz
neutral field
[2020] Nazareth Academy (LaGrange Park, IL) 21, [2020] Benet Academy (Lisle, IL) 13

SV @ CoM
neutral field
[2020] St. Viator (Arlington Heights, IL) 38, [2020] Carmel (Mundelein, IL) 13

Marian of the Sticks @ SP
neutral field
[2020] Marian Central Catholic (Woodstock, IL) 35, [2020] St. Patrick (Chicago, IL) 26

SJ @ DeP
neutral field
[2020] DePaul College Prep (Chicago, IL) 31, [2020] St. Joseph (Westchester, IL) 10

Marian of the Heights @ Leo
neutral field
[2020] Marian Catholic (Chicago Heights, IL) 28, [2020] Leo (Chicago, IL) 7

MA @ JC
neutral field
[2020] Joliet Catholic Academy (Joliet, IL) 35, [2020] Marmion Academy (Aurora, IL) 14

SI @ F
neutral field
[2020] St. Ignatius (Chicago, IL) 21, [2020] Fenwick (Oak Park, IL) 13

Reactions: RockSoup
DLS vs. SL spread?

MC -11
Marist +21
ND +25
Provi -5
Benet +8
CoM +25
Pat's +9
Marian of the Heights -21
Marmion +21
Fenwick +8

Many of the dogs seem to be getting a lot of points.

Reactions: ignazio
Mount Carmel 45
Brother Rice 0

Loyola 28
Marist 14

St. Rita 31
Notre Dame 7

Providence 17
Montini 14

De La Salle 27
St. Laurence 20

Nazareth 14
Benet 10

St. Viator 24
Carmel 14

Marian Central 21
St. Patrick 17

Gordon Tech 26
St. Joseph 6

Joliet Catholic 38
Marmion 14

Fenwick 24
St. Ignatius 20

Marian Catholic 28
Leo 6

Mount Carmel 42 Brother Rice 28: Won't be as close as score will indicate but it won't be a blowout either

Loyola 31 Marist 10: Loyola will cap off a perfect season against arguably the most difficult schedule in quite some time. They are the State Champs of all classes.

Saint Rita 28 Notre Dame 10: Good win for the Dons last week to avoid a 1-5 mark, but Rita is just too much this week.

Providence 21 Montini 20: GOTW.

Saint Laurence 28 De La Salle 23: Meh game. Neither team has played good competition well.

Benet 31 Nazareth 26: Going with an upset here. Benet seniors haven't had much of season and Naz is prepping for the fall.

Saint Viator 34 Carmel 21: The Lions cap off a very respectable season with a stress free win.

Marian of the Sticks 24 Saint Pat's 20: Marian of the Sticks wins their ESCC/CCL swan song over the quiescent Shamrock program

Gordon Tech 35 Saint Joseph 8: Joe's last football game won't be much different than pretty much how 99.5% of their other games have gone throughout their program history.

Marian of the Heights 34 Leo 14: Marian of the Heights wins simply because they are better.

Joliet Catholic 49 Marmion 21: The Hilltoppers are going to use this game to send a message for the fall.

Saint Ignatius 20 Fenwick 17: 2nd best matchup of the week. Iggy's with a minor upset here.

MC 27- BR 21....will come down to the end. MC limping into this one physically, not sandbagging on that either. If this was a regular season week 6 their would be a lot of people sitting out but being the last game ever for the senior class, they’re gonna leave it all out there and finish as one of MC all time best teams....at least that’s the story book ending.

Marist shocks Loyola 27-24.... MC, Marist and Loyola share the coveted Spring Conf Title.

First game I’m confident about, second game not so much....

Rest of the games this week will go as they should

Last edited:
Mount Carmel 24 Brother Rice 21- If there is a upset in here this will be the game.

Loyola 24 Marist 17 - 2nd half defense wins this one

St. Rita 31 Notre Dame 7

Providence 17 Montini 14

St. Laurence 21 De La Salle 20

Nazareth 24 Benet 21

St. Viator 24 Carmel 10

St. Patrick 27 Marian Central 24

Gordon Tech 26 St. Joseph 6

Joliet Catholic 58 Marmion 14

Fenwick 24 St. Ignatius 20

Marian Catholic 28 Leo 21

MC 27- BR 21....will come down to the end. MC limping into this one physically, not sandbagging on that either. If this was a regular season week 6 their would be a lot of people sitting out but being the last game ever for the senior class, they’re gonna leave it all out there and finish as one of MC all time best teams....at least that’s the story book ending.

Marist shocks Loyola 27-24.... MC, Marist and Loyola share the coveted Spring Conf Title.

First game I’m confident about, second game not so much....

Rest of the games this week will go as they should
We’re not talking right now.

• Haha
Reactions: McCaravan
We’re not talking right now.
It won’t happen my friend but it’s MC only chance to have a slice of the title if they can beat BR. If a three way title split is all they can take away from this season then we have to hope. But LA should win by 14.

The most intriguing game for this last week of the spring season has to be Ignatius vs Fenwick. Supposedly a “top ranked” Fenwick team in the beginning of the season only to fold per usual. A school like Ignatius that really doesn’t care much about football has been in some dog fights all season. Don’t let the 2-3 record fool ya. Anyone else feel this way?

Ignatius 21 Fenwick 7

The most intriguing game for this last week of the spring season has to be Ignatius vs Fenwick. Supposedly a “top ranked” Fenwick team in the beginning of the season only to fold per usual. A school like Ignatius that really doesn’t care much about football has been in some dog fights all season. Don’t let the 2-3 record fool ya. Anyone else feel this way?

Ignatius 21 Fenwick 7
Yes. Ignatius is physical and very tough minded and disciplined. They were clearly the best team JCA has played, IMO. I was especially impressed with their defense.

Reactions: USD24
Marist beat LA last year 41-27. Marist will be up for it. Who is the most healthy? MC is a little dinged up, but it still has what is arguably the best QB/RB combo in the state. And the juniors, such as J.T. Harris and Joey Thompson, are making solid contributions. Rice could make it interesting.

Reactions: McCaravan
Yes. Ignatius is physical and very tough minded and disciplined. They were clearly the best team JCA has played, IMO. I was especially impressed with their defense.
Iggy will always play tough, but JCA had a real short turn around when they played Iggy....they had a Sunday night game and then played again Thursday. I think they might have been a tad bit beaten up and knew they didn't have to open the playbook too much....sooner or later they would wear them down....plus Iggy runs the ball 99% of the time so they kill the clock.

Reactions: pjjp
And just like that, we're at the Grand Finale.

MC @ BR
neutral field
[2020] Mount Carmel (Chicago, IL) 35, [2020] Brother Rice (Chicago, IL) 24

LA @ M
neutral field
[2020] Loyola Academy (Wilmette, IL) 27, [2020] Marist (Chicago, IL) 6

SR @ ND
neutral field
[2020] St. Rita (Chicago, IL) 35, [2020] Notre Dame (Niles, IL) 10

MCHS @ PC
neutral field
[2020] Providence Catholic (New Lenox, IL) 19, [2020] Montini Catholic (Lombard, IL) 14

DLS @ SL
neutral field

BA @ Naz
neutral field

SV @ CoM
neutral field
[2020] St. Viator (Arlington Heights, IL) 38, [2020] Carmel (Mundelein, IL) 13

Marian of the Sticks @ SP
neutral field
[2020] Marian Central Catholic (Woodstock, IL) 35, [2020] St. Patrick (Chicago, IL) 26

SJ @ DeP
neutral field
[2020] DePaul College Prep (Chicago, IL) 31, [2020] St. Joseph (Westchester, IL) 10

Marian of the Heights @ Leo
neutral field
[2020] Marian Catholic (Chicago Heights, IL) 28, [2020] Leo (Chicago, IL) 7

MA @ JC
neutral field
[2020] Joliet Catholic Academy (Joliet, IL) 35, [2020] Marmion Academy (Aurora, IL) 14

SI @ F
neutral field
[2020] St. Ignatius (Chicago, IL) 21, [2020] Fenwick (Oak Park, IL) 13
Thank you Seniors. Let’s send the year off with pads popping. Every time you line up, it matters.

MC 30 BR 14
LA 21 M 7
SR 14 NND 7
PC 21 MCHS 20
StL 40 DLS 19
Naz 20 BA 19
StV 31 CoM 16
MarianWoods 28 StP 7
DeP 28 StJ 6
MarianHeights 31 LEO 12
JCA 27 MA 13
SICP 14 F 10

Reactions: lookoutforliam
Thank you Seniors. Let’s send the year off with pads popping. Every time you line up, it matters.

MC 30 BR 14
LA 21 M 7
SR 14 NND 7
PC 21 MCHS 20
StL 40 DLS 19
Naz 20 BA 19
StV 31 CoM 16
MarianWoods 28 StP 7
DeP 28 StJ 6
MarianHeights 31 LEO 12
JCA 27 MA 13
SICP 14 F 10
Your sandbagging on that Rita score! 28-7

Iggy will always play tough, but JCA had a real short turn around when they played Iggy....they had a Sunday night game and then played again Thursday. I think they might have been a tad bit beaten up and knew they didn't have to open the playbook too much....sooner or later they would wear them down....plus Iggy runs the ball 99% of the time so they kill the clock.
Yea they run the triple option. Control the clock. 12 to 14 play drives. Beat down the defenses

Your sandbagging on that Rita score! 28-7
You’re sort of right. But actually sandbagging the NND offensive score. I think the game is 14-0 but I don’t like putting shutouts on here for anyone.

St. Rita O is very productive but only won 7-0 over the Dons last year albeit the O was a year younger. NND, Rochester and LA play this O correctly, wide and deep, trust your teammates, don’t miss your tackle opportunities, just like what MC did to Naz in 2019.

Yes, if the Dons miss a couple tackles, the score will be different but it seems this year they have another strong defense

Mount Carmel 42 Brother Rice 28: Won't be as close as score will indicate but it won't be a blowout either

Loyola 31 Marist 10: Loyola will cap off a perfect season against arguably the most difficult schedule in quite some time. They are the State Champs of all classes.

Saint Rita 28 Notre Dame 10: Good win for the Dons last week to avoid a 1-5 mark, but Rita is just too much this week.

Providence 21 Montini 20: GOTW.

Saint Laurence 28 De La Salle 23: Meh game. Neither team has played good competition well.

Benet 31 Nazareth 26: Going with an upset here. Benet seniors haven't had much of season and Naz is prepping for the fall.

Saint Viator 34 Carmel 21: The Lions cap off a very respectable season with a stress free win.

Marian of the Sticks 24 Saint Pat's 20: Marian of the Sticks wins their ESCC/CCL swan song over the quiescent Shamrock program

Gordon Tech 35 Saint Joseph 8: Joe's last football game won't be much different than pretty much how 99.5% of their other games have gone throughout their program history.

Marian of the Heights 34 Leo 14: Marian of the Heights wins simply because they are better.

Joliet Catholic 49 Marmion 21: The Hilltoppers are going to use this game to send a message for the fall.

Saint Ignatius 20 Fenwick 17: 2nd best matchup of the week. Iggy's with a minor upset here.

LWE might argue with you on your statement of Loyola being 8A state champions and the best team in Illinois. Loyola’s game is @ Marist so that gives them an edge. That said I still will take Loyola for the win. 28-14.

Three dog night

BR 21
Marist 21
ND 25

PC -5
Benet Academy 8
CoM 25
SP 9
SJ 21 (God Bless you! RIP)
JC -21
Fenwick 8

With MC's injuries and the absence of Egan, Perry, and Parker this season, I'd say coaching wins this one. I'll take MC 21-14.
Loyola 20 Marist 6
Rita 21-7

2020 Season Recap.
I would have liked to see some games between MC, Loyola, LWE, ESL, pre covid.
Last season, Naz had their chance against the blue, but I'm sure I'd love the banter from their fans after another thrashing. Warren's defense is fantastic, but the offense struggles, whoever is Warren's defensive coordinator should be hired as a head coach somewhere soon.

I'm hoping the seniors give it their all and that everyone has a healthy week.

Last edited:
DLS vs. SL spread?

MC -11
Marist +21
ND +25
Provi -5
Benet +8
CoM +25
Pat's +9
Marmion +21
Fenwick +8

Many of the dogs seem to be getting a lot of points.

neutral field
[2020] St. Laurence (Burbank, IL) 33, [2020] De La Salle (Chicago, IL) 31

ADVERTISEMENT