ADVERTISEMENT

That damn Mark Gronowski.....

He’s been nothing short of amazing all year. Not sure how many true freshmen have won the Natty in FCS but I’d venture to say the list is short.

HF taking down Gronowski's Neuqua Valley team 38-22 in Round 2 of the 2019 8A playoffs all of a sudden is looking more impressive. I was at the game and seem to recall HF with a few quick, long strikes into the end zone in that one.

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
HF taking down Gronowski's Neuqua Valley team 38-22 in Round 2 of the 2019 8A playoffs all of a sudden is looking more impressive. I was at the game and seem to recall HF with a few quick, long strikes into the end zone in that one.
Neuqua couldn’t stop the HF running game. That opened the back of the D for the long passes. But it was mainly the running game and the HF DL that were the difference.

Reactions: johnndoe
Great spring season of football for hs and fcs. Different to start the season in the cold and end with warmer weather. Besides SDSU vs Delaware at 11 on ESPN.James Madison has former CoM TE and North Carolina grad transfer Noah Turner going against Sam Houston State this Saturday at 1:30 on ABC. Been a crazy ride this spring.

Here’s something to chew on:

175 pass yards, 1.75 pass tds, 69 rush yds, .88 rushing tds.

176 pass yards, 1.63 pass tds, 68 rush yds, .88 rushing tds.

One of these is Trey Lance’s SOPH per game stats against Gronowski’s current FRESH season’s per game numbers. Lance was 3rd pick in draft after his JR yr (played 1 game).

Gronowski is too good for this level of football, some higher level power 5 programs should be on the phone every night trying to get this guy on scholarship!

Here’s something to chew on:

175 pass yards, 1.75 pass tds, 69 rush yds, .88 rushing tds.

176 pass yards, 1.63 pass tds, 68 rush yds, .88 rushing tds.

One of these is Trey Lance’s SOPH per game stats against Gronowski’s current FRESH season’s per game numbers. Lance was 3rd pick in draft after his JR yr (played 1 game).

Gronowski is too good for this level of football, some higher level power 5 programs should be on the phone every night trying to get this guy on scholarship!
I believe with the addition of the transfer portal, the penalty for tampering was heightened.

Not too shabby in the National semi final against a stout Delaware team.

10-16, 162 yds passing and 2 TDs
1 catch for 24 yds and a TD
27 rushing yds.

Last edited:
Rough championship game for him knocked out of the game on the opening drive.

What a shame for Mark and the Jack’s. Great game and that kid has a heck of a future ahead of him.

Reactions: Gene K.
Sounds like it might be an ACL and he will miss the fall. I mean, I kinda get why they did this spring season, but that's a massive blow if true.

• Sad
For those interested, at 2:30pm Gronowski and the Jackrabbits take on NDSU at the FargoDome in the renewal of the Dakota Marker game. The Bison are #1 in FCS and the Jacks #2. It’s on ESPN+.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT