ADVERTISEMENT

TCYFL - feeder for a lot of high schools cancels 2020

I had heard that but I’m wondering if this is going to change things.

I doubt it in Wheaton the program is run through the Park District so the bar to play is a little higher and they have said all along if the state will allow it the WPD are good with going forward. Some of the other programs don’t have a park district to deal with and are moving forward. The bigger issue is numbers are down right now due to Covid unless you’re Oswego and have over 300 kids signed up already.

Last edited:
Reactions: missingwalter
I doubt it in Wheaton the program is run through the Park District so the bar to play is a little higher and they have said all along if the state will allow it the WPD are good with going forward. Some of the other programs don’t have a park district to deal with and are moving forward. The bigger issue is numbers are down right now due to Covid unless you’re Oswego and have over 300 kids signed up already.
True story!!

Another issue I see is insurance. Each program carries a certain level of liability insurance. Considering how wildly this thing spreads I don’t know what program will be able to afford the premiums insurance companies will pass along to cover this added risks.

I appreciate what BGYFL is doing but I don’t see their season happening.

How many of these programs rent field space from Park Districts and School Districts? Unless the State okays a move forward I do not see these facilities being open to tackle football.

How many of these programs rent field space from Park Districts and School Districts? Unless the State okays a move forward I do not see these facilities being open to tackle football.
I wouldn’t be the least surprised if someone volunteers their land in Oswego (OYTF)

This is true, everything is dependent on what the state says. What I think it comes down to is BGYL plays if the IHSA plays.

And there it is even though everyone already had already figured it out.

The Bill George Youth Football League (BGYFL) has always worked hard to provide a safe, fun and competitive environment for our towns, families, and players. Since the beginning of this pandemic we have deferred to the State of Illinois as well as the Illinois High School Association (IHSA) and their guidelines for navigating through these unusual times.

Governor Pritzker has Officially announced that Football for Illinois high school and youth sports are cancelled for the Fall 2020 season. As a result, the BGYFL will regretfully cancel its 2020 season. This is a decision that does not come easy. We waited as long as we could in the hopes that the IHSA would be able to hold a football season and provide guidelines to manage it.

We share in the disappointment expressed by our families and players but also share in the hope that our scientists and doctors can come up with a way to defeat this virus and we can once again play football.

We look forward to reconvening the BGYFL League for the 2021 fall season.

BGYFL Executive Board

ADVERTISEMENT