ADVERTISEMENT

Strike Offically Continues Wednesday. Simeon Ineligible.

Is that guy still hanging out on the Naz sidelines?
Lol no his kid is playing at Yale now so you won’t see him around anymore. In related news you should see the Naz sideline now. No one is allowed near it. It’ll be interesting how Nazareth’s new security guards will handle a game at Gately where everyone slipped by armed guards to create this “issue” in the first place.

[QUOTE="Irish LB, post: 215760, member: 6998"It’ll be interesting how Nazareth’s new security guards will handle a game at Gately where everyone slipped by armed guards to create this “issue” in the first place.[/QUOTE]
Slipped by or slipped a $20?

[QUOTE="Irish LB, post: 215760, member: 6998"It’ll be interesting how Nazareth’s new security guards will handle a game at Gately where everyone slipped by armed guards to create this “issue” in the first place.
Slipped by or slipped a $20?[/QUOTE]

Knowing the guy in question I don’t think he slipped anyone any $, lol.

Harvard shall NOT win another game at Yale Bowl!

Lol no his kid is playing at Yale now so you won’t see him around anymore. In related news you should see the Naz sideline now. No one is allowed near it. It’ll be interesting how Nazareth’s new security guards will handle a game at Gately where everyone slipped by armed guards to create this “issue” in the first place.

What a dumb rule. Why should a team have to play 9 games? In other sports, many teams play a different amount of regular season games.

So the way I’m understanding it appears that the original premise of this thread isn’t accurate. Simeon played Wednesday so as long as they’re in school Friday they’d be ok.

Reactions: Schwab54
So the way I’m understanding it appears that the original premise of this thread isn’t accurate. Simeon played Wednesday so as long as they’re in school Friday they’d be ok.
The rule states if you don’t practice for 7 days, you must have 3 days of practice before you play a game. I’m assuming the thought is that they played last Wednesday, so their last practice was last Tuesday. Tomorrow would be the 7th day (don’t count Sunday / W, Th, Fr, Sat, M, Tu, and tomorrow since school has already been canceled). As a result they can’t get 3 practices in before Saturday.

The rule states if you don’t practice for 7 days, you must have 3 days of practice before you play a game. I’m assuming the thought is that they played last Wednesday, so their last practice was last Tuesday. Tomorrow would be the 7th day (don’t count Sunday / W, Th, Fr, Sat, M, Tu, and tomorrow since school has already been canceled). As a result they can’t get 3 practices in before Saturday.
Clock starts from Thursday not Tuesday. Sunday doesn't count. Need to be in school by Friday.

Reactions: Schwab54
Simeon's first game was in Baltimore. Second game was supposed to be in Detroit but didn't happen for some reason. Why wasn't it a forfeit?

Negative. They did play last Wed to bring them to 6-1, they never played a game week 2.

I’m not interested enough to go read and interpret the bylaws, I’m literally just taking Soucie’s word for it.

I was simply going off your statement that clock started Thursday and didn’t count Sunday. 1.Thursday 2. Friday 3. Saturday 4. Monday 5. Tuesday 6.Wednesday 7.Thursday so Friday would be the first of 3 required practices or no?

I was simply going off your statement that clock started Thursday and didn’t count Sunday. 1.Thursday 2. Friday 3. Saturday 4. Monday 5. Tuesday 6.Wednesday 7.Thursday so Friday would be the first of 3 required practices or no?
I guess Soucie thinks as long as it’s not more than 7? Not sure I’ll try and ask him, was just reading him talking to other people.

Unless the IHSA shuts it down too, all of this ought to add new life to the CPS portion of the Prep Bowl

ADVERTISEMENT