ADVERTISEMENT

States Hardest Schedules

Not sure anyone in the state has a tougher week one and two than Stevenson. @ Lincoln Way East, home for Neuqua Valley

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Palatine has three 10 win teams (St Charles North, Roll. Meadows, Maine South) plus highly regarded Evanston & Barrington teams in their first 5 games..so we'll see how good they are pretty early.

Reactions: Bowie50
I'd say St. Rita has a real tough schedule this year. They are playing against a lot of traditionally good football programs. Two 2018 State Champions(Loyola and JCA), one runner up(Montini), and the rest of their schedule is also going to be battles. Good luck to the Mustangs, except when they play Montini.

Reactions: RockSoup
Mount Carmel has

Maine South, Loyola, Montini, Marist and end with Rice...5-4 a real possibility for the Caravan especially if Marist rebounds after Thompson bolting.

Two schools come to mind - Joliet Catholic and Willowbrook. The Hilltoppers' first two games? At St. Rita then home against IC Prep. Meanwhile, the Warriors take a big step up with their first two games - home against Providence then at OPRF

Reactions: Q5clan
Mount Carmel has

Maine South, Loyola, Montini, Marist and end with Rice...5-4 a real possibility for the Caravan especially if Marist rebounds after Thompson bolting.
MC has 4 locks with Curie, Marmion, Viators, DeLaSalle but those 5 games are brutal. I doubt anyone has a tougher top 5 games.

MC has 4 locks with Curie, Marmion, Viators, DeLaSalle but those 5 games are brutal. I doubt anyone has a tougher top 5 games.
LA:

St. Ignatius Cleveland (national power)
MC
Marist
Bro Rice
Rita (young but lots of talent and speed)
NT (young but talented)

I'd say St. Rita has a real tough schedule this year. They are playing against a lot of traditionally good football programs. Two 2018 State Champions(Loyola and JCA), one runner up(Montini), and the rest of their schedule is also going to be battles. Good luck to the Mustangs, except when they play Montini.
Missing 6A semi-finalist Richards in your post at week two for SR. JCA to start the season but Richards, Loyola and Montini weeks 2-4 all on the road. They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger but that's a tough four weeks to open the season for a team that may be starting several sophomore's.

East Side's is stout.

@ Batavia (Batavia, IL)

Trinity Catholic (St. Louis, MO)

@ Neuqua Valley (Naperville, IL)

Belleville West (Belleville, IL)

@ Alton (Alton, IL)

Edwardsville (Edwardsville, IL)

@ O'Fallon (O'Fallon, IL)

10/191:00p
@ Belleville East (Belleville, IL)

@ Naperville Central (Naperville, IL)

LA:

St. Ignatius Cleveland (national power)
MC
Marist
Bro Rice
Rita (young but lots of talent and speed)
NT (young but talented)
Tough schedule, don’t think Rita and NT are top 25 IL teams, but the Ignatius game holds some weight.

Marist:

Loyola
Rice
MC
Naz
Lake Zurich
ND

Going to be tough to find 5 wins with that schedule.

Perfect response to Mates’ different take. Mates game is usually on point. Well, it is the preseason after all.
Rita is going to be good. They will make a run and I can guarantee you that no team takes the Mustangs lightly. Ever.

Last edited:
There was a time I wanted no less than 8-1 and a Qtr Final birth. Now I hope for 6-3 and a good game in the 1st round.

That MC schedule looks pretty tough, 5-4 is not out of the question and would still require a win over at least 1 top team.

That MC team is 7-2 at worst, and that's if they screw up big time. 8-1 is my call.

Last edited:
that MC team is 7-2 at worst, and that's if they screw up big time. 8-1 is my call.
I don’t think 2 losses is out of the question and I don’t think it would be because of a screwup. I’d honestly take 7-2 with this schedule. Weeks 2-4 are killer (@MS, then home for MCHS and LA) and if MC is 2-2 heading into week 5 I think that’s a good start. Then finishing off with BR week 9 will be a tough one.

Another good thread. I will stop here but there is plenty to reflect on this year. I typically go back every year to see how things pan out.

I wouldn't call Marmion a lock, they started a ton of JR's this year on a playoff team that played MC tight.

Another good thread. I will stop here but there is plenty to reflect on this year. I typically go back every year to see how things pan out.
You are about to go on Ignore. Are you seriously so insecure that you have to find all these old threads that might help your argument.

You are not a good spokesperson for ESL. Every time you post ESL goes down in our rankings.

You are about to go on Ignore. Are you seriously so insecure that you have to find all these old threads that might help your argument.

You are not a good spokesperson for ESL. Every time you post ESL goes down in our rankings.

Understood. I don't really care about that nor the rankings. I didn't pull up the post to talk about rankings. I pulled up the post to revisit preseason and post season opinions. If that is an issue on a message board, so be it. Got it.

I don’t think 2 losses is out of the question and I don’t think it would be because of a screwup. I’d honestly take 7-2 with this schedule. Weeks 2-4 are killer (@MS, then home for MCHS and LA) and if MC is 2-2 heading into week 5 I think that’s a good start. Then finishing off with BR week 9 will be a tough one.
Can u imagine if I posted on here MC 14-0. Obviously next year they go 14-0 but this year what a nice surprise.

Can u imagine if I posted on here MC 14-0. Obviously next year they go 14-0 but this year what a nice surprise.
I wouldn’t mark that ‘20 LA game a W quite yet. It was very close this past year (17-14 with last second 50+ yard FG). Remember LA fumbled on the goal line. Pemberton and QB1 weren’t starting yet and LA missed a FG. And I believe MC scored on the first play of the game. Don’t count your chickens just yet. I’m sure McCaravan would agree with me. LA is stacked next year. 16-17 returning. Just a matter of time before Holecek figures out Lynch. I’d put a guy with 9 years of playing in the NFL against any coach in the state. You and you’re boy Dustyboner are starting to sound like goldendomer - not a compliment. And not a good look for an MC guy.

Don’t get me wrong, I respect the hell out of MC and will always root for them when they aren’t playing my Ramblers. In the immortal words of John Holecek “there are two types of football players: a humble one, and one about to be humbled.” Words of wisdom.

Last edited:
Understood. I don't really care about that nor the rankings. I didn't pull up the post to talk about rankings. I pulled up the post to revisit preseason and post season opinions. If that is an issue on a message board, so be it. Got it.
Your words and actions do not jive

They guy has some issues, Epic. And apparently, a lot of free time.
I love how they keep tying Nazareth into it. Who from Nazareth is even arguing against them? I mean, I'm commenting on the absurdity of it all, but not arguing

I love how they keep tying Nazareth into it. Who from Nazareth is even arguing against them? I mean, I'm commenting on the absurdity of it all, but not arguing
I have not read one post from a Naz supporter on this issue. In fact, I don’t agree with posters who state that the “Naz posse is sensitive.” It’s one of the best programs in the state, if not the best over the past decade and I truly believe that Naz folks have been nothing but humble.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
I have not read one post from a Naz supporter on this issue. In fact, I don’t agree with some posters who state that the “Naz posse is sensitive.” It’s one of the best programs in the state, if not the best over the past decade and I truly believe that Naz folks have been nothing but humble.
We've had some bad moments [myself included] but have been very tame of late. I haven't been banned in years for telling JCA fans to well... you know...

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
ADVERTISEMENT