ADVERTISEMENT

Statement from Frank Lenti

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Here’s the statement From Coach Frank Lenti
December 29, 2017

“While I had hoped to honor the commitment I had given the Mount Carmel football student-athletes and families that I would coach them thru their time at Mount Carmel, the administration has decided otherwise. Contrary to what some may have heard, I am not retiring. I love coaching high school football and may pursue that at some point in the future. I will honor my commitment to Mount Carmel and will resume my daily duties in the Development Department for the time being.”

The real question is where does lenti coach next year. Know lots of schools and some d2/d3 colleges who would love to have him.

Who wants a veer option coach? Let's look thru Edgy's list and see where he fits. He should take over the UCW program, they building new facility with pretty much new program. He could walk there from MC

New president cut his salary months ago and rumors started back then. Sorry to see him forced out.

Does he live in Chicago? Wherever he would temporarily land wouldn't = success unless he has same resources he had at MC, .mainly coaching staff.

He's 66 years old, I don't think he's going to be hired to take over a program, at least a major one, unless they are fine with a 3 year commitment

Reactions: penlight
He's 66 years old, I don't think he's going to be hired to take over a program, at least a major one, unless they are fine with a 3 year commitment

I agree with this. Stagg, Shepard, St Joes and any other school (on Edgy's coaching list ) who doesn't have a big football tradition would probably take that risk given his resume

Reactions: McCaravan
Who wants a veer option coach? Let's look thru Edgy's list and see where he fits. He should take over the UCW program, they building new facility with pretty much new program. He could walk there from MC
Carmel

St. Charles East as an assistant? Could only make a program on the rise even better. That system works, if ran correctly. Just an idea if Lenti wants to get away from the south side.

East will be good next year. Had a great sophomore team, with a QB made for that type of offense.

Coincidence that the ole Carmelite president left?
I thought it was odd that Tony Mazurkiewicz is still not the president at MC. He was young, engaged, and a great speaker.
Maybe he saw the writing/direction the current board was moving and got out?

Coincidence that the ole Carmelite president left?
I thought it was odd that Tony Mazurkiewicz is still not the president at MC. He was young, engaged, and a great speaker.
Maybe he saw the writing/direction the current board was moving and got out?
Well....you can drop the Fr. title from Tony's name...he left the order, fell in love...

I agree with this. Stagg, Shepard, St Joes and any other school (on Edgy's coaching list ) who doesn't have a big football tradition would probably take that risk given his resume
Stagg. Why? They are horrible. But some consider the veer old fashioned. Power running offenses are easier to implement than many modern ones (remember We are Marshall). Winning ugly is way better than losing...If I'm not mistaken, Lenti has more trophies than Stagg has playoff appearances...

Stagg. Why? They are horrible. But some consider the veer old fashioned. Power running offenses are easier to implement than many modern ones (remember We are Marshall). Winning ugly is way better than losing...If I'm not mistaken, Lenti has more trophies than Stagg has playoff appearances...

Stagg hired a coach already.

St. Charles East as an assistant? Could only make a program on the rise even better. That system works, if ran correctly. Just an idea if Lenti wants to get away from the south side.

East will be good next year. Had a great sophomore team, with a QB made for that type of offense.

if the st. charles east boosters have their way, they'd bring on lenti minus the assistant in his title.

I would actually love to see frank get a chance at a very well funded public school with a ton of resources. A Place like wheaton south with a storied tradition, tons of resources would be a perfect fit.

With all deserved respect to Coach Lenti and 66-year old men, a restart as a new head coach does not seem like a great idea all the way around.

Reactions: penlight
This past February, Minooka hired 69 year old Terry McCombs. So far so good for Minooka. Coach Lenti would be a great hire for any school. Experienced coaches may not be the twenty year solution for anyone but there aren't many, if any, 20 year solutions available. Bring an experienced coach in, make Football exciting again at a school and have the younger staff learn how to run a program so when the experienced coach is satisfied and ready to be done, an in house candidate can keep the program's momentum going.

Stop putting 65 year olds or so out to the farm, it's not like they have to run the balll or tackle, they just have to coach and educate.

I'd like to see coach end up at a public with average funding and not much football success. We need another coaching vs talent experiment. So far the talent has been winning all these arguments. However, I am willing to have another case study.

Almost any school would do well to hire Lenti IMO. He could turn a 1-8 or 2-7 program into a 5-4 record in one year in his sleep.

Almost any school would do well to hire Lenti IMO. He could turn a 1-8 or 2-7 program into a 5-4 record in one year in his sleep.

Reed-Custer needs a coach, class A small school facilities, 7-2 or 8-1 should be easy there for him this fall

Reactions: Coalertown44
I'd like to see coach end up at a public with average funding and not much football success. We need another coaching vs talent experiment. So far the talent has been winning all these arguments. However, I am willing to have another case study.

Wouldn't matter. If he were to experience success, guys like you would be quick to discount it by saying that he attracted new talent to the school.

You make an intriguing point. I doubt anyone here believes coaching or talent alone wins championships. You must have both. Anyone who thinks differently is kidding themselves. I have seen some talented teams not win squat. I have also seen coaches, who I think are good ones, have trouble because of lack of talent.

Wouldn't matter. If he were to experience success, guys like you would be quick to discount it by saying that he attracted new talent to the school.

Has a coach EVER gone from private to public and had at least equal success???

Reactions: ach
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT