ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship location

This is not for anyone in particular, but ... you all seem to overlook the huge number of tech-educated young people moving to Chicago and living downtown and in neighborhoods three to four miles north and south of Madison, and west to Damen. There are milleniels (sp?) moving to apartments within walking distance of Sox Park.

Chicago is a very popular destination of college seniors (despite bordering on Indiana.)

It is very interesting since I would estimate 75% of the development in the city over the last 10 years has been done with this group in mind. If you were to look at the population under 35 it is huge I just wonder were they are going to be in 10-15 years? If they chose to migrate to the burbs or other metro areas you could see real estate crash, or there could be second wave of young people if there is job growth.

The state of Illinois and the City of Chicago needs to find a way to be competitive without corporate welfare since sadly that is our best tool right now. As much as I bitch about this State I don’t want to move since it’s still a great place to raise a family but if we don’t increase our tax base that may be the reality I face since my wife is already pushing for it.

Reactions: markmacaluso
Also an NIU student 1987-1992. Go Huskies!

The Batavia crowd in 2013 was legendary for the IHSA tournament.
I think 5A-8A @ NIU and 1A-4A @ ISU would be ideal.

Does anyone know if NIU allows the teams to warm up pre-game in the new indoor practice facility at NIU. It is attached to the north end zone. Nice facility!
Yes they do

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT