ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship location

[QUOTE="j
By the same token enjoy more Univision here in the murder capital of the country.[/QUOTE]

Chicago has the most murders, yes, but certainly not on a per-capita basis. That title belongs to Indianapolis, capital of our neighboring state where all those guns come from. It's also a state some of the other posters dream about.

[QUOTE="j
By the same token enjoy more Univision here in the murder capital of the country.

Chicago has the most murders, yes, but certainly not on a per-capita basis. That title belongs to Indianapolis, capital of our neighboring state where all those guns come from. It's also a state some of the other posters dream about.[/QUOTE]

And yet Illinois continues to be in the bottom 10 of places to retire in every online source I can find. Indiana, Alabama, North Carolina all fare significantly better. Factors considered are taxes, cost of living, quality healthcare, crime, the state’s financial stability and outlook. They didn’t even include weather and traffic! But hey, don’t let little things like facts, logic and reasoning ruin your thoughts that Illinois (especially Chicago) is a great place to live out your twilight years. Stick around Mc63, it’ll be a liberal paradise!

Chicago has the most murders, yes, but certainly not on a per-capita basis. That title belongs to Indianapolis, capital of our neighboring state where all those guns come from. It's also a state some of the other posters dream about.

And yet Illinois continues to be in the bottom 10 of places to retire in every online source I can find. Indiana, Alabama, North Carolina all fare significantly better. Factors considered are taxes, cost of living, quality healthcare, crime, the state’s financial stability and outlook. They didn’t even include weather and traffic! But hey, don’t let little things like facts, logic and reasoning ruin your thoughts that Illinois (especially Chicago) is a great place to live out your twilight years. Stick around Mc63, it’ll be a liberal paradise![/QUOTE]

I think it is good to get the retirees out of Illinois. At their age they do not contribute to the tax base with income taxes and sales taxes like they used to. Retirees are a net drag on the community, tax wise.

I also notice none of the future retires have left before their kids are out of high school. What’s wrong with the K-12 schools in North Carolina and Indiana? I know they are ranked among the bottom third in the country, but shouldn’t you have left already and taken your kids to go to school there because you know ... taxes.

Stay in Illinois for the schools (ranked top 3rd in the country) provided by the taxes and then leave when you are not producing a significant income tax or sales tax. I think it’s a win-win for everyone.

Reactions: eagles2k3
Agree with @MC63. Wouldnt be caught dead living in one of those states. Alabama, Indiana, either Dakota, etc. Undeniably awful places. Not to mention all those states are being funded by the states people are complaining about.

That said it doesn't matter where they play the games. The weather in IL is not conducive to going to the games if your team is not playing. They could play the games at Benedictine and it wouldn't be a full stadium.

And yet Illinois continues to be in the bottom 10 of places to retire in every online source I can find. Indiana, Alabama, North Carolina all fare significantly better. Factors considered are taxes, cost of living, quality healthcare, crime, the state’s financial stability and outlook. They didn’t even include weather and traffic! But hey, don’t let little things like facts, logic and reasoning ruin your thoughts that Illinois (especially Chicago) is a great place to live out your twilight years. Stick around Mc63, it’ll be a liberal paradise!

Call me crazy...Maybe they stay because they don’t want to uproot their kids during high school and considering they still have kids in high school, they probably haven’t reached retirement age yet so they have a job they can’t just walk away from. Perhaps they have elderly parents to care for. I don’t think anyone is anchored here because of the high quality education but nice try. And if I recall correctly, retirees still pay property tax, sales tax, and get taxed on SS and withdrawals on their retirement savings but don’t have kids in public school anymore. Net drag? Really?

Reactions: Gene K. and Cat Box
Call me crazy...Maybe they stay because they don’t want to uproot their kids during high school and considering they still have kids in high school, they probably haven’t reached retirement age yet so they have a job they can’t just walk away from. Perhaps they have elderly parents to care for. I don’t think anyone is anchored here because of the high quality education but nice try. And if I recall correctly, retirees still pay property tax, sales tax, and get taxed on SS and withdrawals on their retirement savings but don’t have kids in public school anymore. Net drag? Really?

You’re making too much sense. Stop yourself. Heads will explode.

Why can't they just walk away from that job and find it in Alabama when they leave? They could drop their 13 year old daughter off at the Alabama mall where the local judge will try to sleep with her in his car. Then he'll be promoted to Senator of Alabama.

Agree with @MC63. Wouldnt be caught dead living in one of those states. Alabama, Indiana, either Dakota, etc. Undeniably awful places. Not to mention all those states are being funded by the states people are complaining about.

That said it doesn't matter where they play the games. The weather in IL is not conducive to going to the games if your team is not playing. They could play the games at Benedictine and it wouldn't be a full stadium.

Holy moly Bones. You are in collusion with MC63.

Noticed you left out NC on your “dont go list”. How about TX, FL, or AZ? Are they awful too?

Look there’s nothing wrong with being proud to be from Chicago. I’ve always been proud of being born and raised in this area. However, I don’t let the nostalgia cloud my judgement that this state is going broke and I’d rather be in a warmer year round climate where my dollar stretches further when I finally retire. The only things that can stifle my plans are where my kids end up settling and having a family and having to possibly care for older, sick relatives.

Why can't they just walk away from that job and find it in Alabama when they leave? They could drop their 13 year old daughter off at the Alabama mall where the local judge will try to sleep with her in his car. Then he'll be promoted to Senator of Alabama.

Really? I expected a better argument from you. Walk away from their job and the south is full of pedophiles is what you came up with? Pee yew Bones.

Reactions: Cat Box
Holy moly Bones. You are in collusion with MC63.

Noticed you left out NC on your “dont go list”. How about TX, FL, or AZ? Are they awful too?

Look there’s nothing wrong with being proud to be from Chicago. I’ve always been proud of being born and raised in this area. However, I don’t let the nostalgia cloud my judgement that this state is going broke and I’d rather be in a warmer year round climate where my dollar stretches further when I finally retire. The only things that can stifle my plans are where my kids end up settling and having a family and having to possibly care for older, sick relatives.
Haven't done enough research on NC although I have no reason to suspect its much different. If it's anything like SC then it'll be on the list. If you're talking about moving to near where Duke & Carolina are then why even move? Those are liberal areas.

Really? I expected a better argument from you. Walk away from their job and the south is full of pedophiles is what you came up with? Pee yew Bones.
No, that was just one example. The problem is the people. They don't see a problem with it. If you fit in with them that's fine. It's just not the place for me. As I've said earlier, I'd pay the premium to not be around those type of people.

Haven't done enough research on NC although I have no reason to suspect its much different. If it's anything like SC then it'll be on the list. If you're talking about moving to near where Duke & Carolina are then why even move? Those are liberal areas.

No, that was just one example. The problem is the people. They don't see a problem with it. If you fit in with them that's fine. It's just not the place for me. As I've said earlier, I'd pay the premium to not be around those type of people.

Seems you have a rather myopic view of other states and those people who aren’t “intellectual” big city liberals.

BTW... im not attached to any specific political ideology but I probably lean more libertarian than anything else. I can live in areas that may be considered socially liberal as long as they aren’t running the local / state government. I’ve had plenty of practice dealing with those who don’t share my views.

Seems you have a rather myopic view of other states and those people who aren’t “intellectual” big city liberals.

BTW... im not attached to any specific political ideology but I probably lean more libertarian than anything else. I can live in areas that may be considered socially liberal as long as they aren’t running the local / state government. I’ve had plenty of practice dealing with those who don’t share my views.
I have a problem with people who try to take civil rights from others, I have a problem with people who are okay with others doing it, I have a problem with people trying to legislate their religion. If these people are running the local government then the place is a shithole. The taxes don't matter at that point.

Hahahaha, wasn’t our very own Mel Reynolds CONCICTED of the same thing?
#MicDrop

Hahahaha, wasn’t our very own Mel Reynolds CONCICTED of the same thing?
#MicDrop
Mel Reynold's won a state wide seat? Mel Reynolds was removed from office and then elected again?

#micdrop

Charlotte area is no Alabama or SC.

Atlanta is no Alabama or SC.

You can’t just generalize and say everything south of the mason dixon line is creepy crazy hillbilly land.

I think when the IL state congress raises the flat state income tax,....they should include all retirement and pension income as TAXABLE - I want to see MC63 kick in a little for all of his library use in his senior years. Paying taxes in decades past - paid for your library access back then- what have you done to kick in lately?

I have a problem with people who try to take civil rights from others, I have a problem with people who are okay with others doing it, I have a problem with people trying to legislate their religion. If these people are running the local government then the place is a shithole. The taxes don't matter at that point.

The problem with your straw man argument is that it lacks specific details and facts that can be fairly analyzed and debated from various perspectives. In other words, it’s just garbage rhetoric filled with misguided “moral high ground” type propaganda.

Reactions: 4hhsbulldogs
Charlotte area is no Alabama or SC.

Atlanta is no Alabama or SC.

You can’t just generalize and say everything south of the mason dixon line is creepy crazy hillbilly land.

I think IL when they raise the flat state income tax should include all retirement and pension income - I want to see MC63 kick in a little for all of his library use in his senior years. Paying taxes in decades past - paid for your library access back then- what have you done to kick in lately?
Charlotte and Atlanta are certainly unlike the rest of NC and Georgia. But why complain about liberals then move to the liberal area of a hillbilly state?

The problem with your straw man argument is that it lacks specific details and facts that can be fairly analyzed and debated from various perspectives. In other words, it’s just garbage rhetoric filled with misguided “moral high ground” type propaganda.
Okay. Go be with your people. It bothers me none. I just stated why I wouldn't move to those backwards societies. Obviously what I do has no bearing on you.

Charlotte and Atlanta are certainly unlike the rest of NC and Georgia. But why complain about liberals then move to the liberal area of a hillbilly state?

I’m not complaining about liberals. Im a wallet guy. There are a lot of areas that lean liberal but don’t rape you tax wise.

Houston tends to be more liberal - but tax wise (state and local) is way way way better for my wallet. But alas Houston is so humid! Don’t want to live there.

Reactions: Gene K.
I see this thread being flushed as soon as Edgy finishes sideline duties. Have a Rice day everyone!
#Off2Champaign!

I’m not complaining about liberals. Im a wallet guy. There are a lot of areas that lean liberal but don’t rape you tax wise.

Houston tends to be more liberal - but tax wise (state and local) is way way way better for my wallet. But alas Houston is so humid! Don’t want to live there.
yes, this is true, but in Houston one of your Senator's is still Ted Cruise who is the definition of what I despise. For me somethings are more important than the wallet.

It’ll all be good when JB legalizes the ganja. Irie mon!

If they put in a 50percent tax on all purchases that should be good! Nice new revenue stream and Also has the double whammy affect of less people in prison for ganja related offenses! Only issue is that you can’t readily test for it real time for driving like you can for alcohol.

Reactions: markmacaluso
I don’t have “a people”. I just generally avoid trying to hang labels on people and pretend I’m better than them based on some bizarre geography criteria.
It's not geographic. I already explained what it was. Indiana is the same as Alabama and Mississippi. Catch up.

yes, this is true, but in Houston one of your Senator's is still Ted Cruise who is the definition of what I despise. For me somethings are more important than the wallet.

Ok but under that philosophy I couldn’t live anywhere in the USA. I’m not a fan of trump - so I guess I have to move to Canada?

Reactions: Cross Bones
Ok but under that philosophy I couldn’t live anywhere in the USA. I’m not a fan of trump - so I guess I have to move to Canada?
Depends on how far you want to take it. I wouldn't blame you if you did move to Canada. But if you said you were going to move to Afghanistan because you like there government better I would question it. But to each his or her own.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21

Or he can beat the ho and you'll elect him to be the attorney general of Minnesota.

Depends on how far you want to take it. I wouldn't blame you if you did move to Canada. But if you said you were going to move to Afghanistan because you like there government better I would question it. But to each his or her own.

Nope but Vancouver BC is one helll of a great city.

That’s my point,.....everyone has convictions and everyone has different limits of what they can or will put up with.

The taxes in IL are Brutal and if they continue to go up without taxing retireee and pension income - then yeah I would rather leave. But I am limited on where I can go due to job unless I want to switch jobs/companies. If no limitation - I might head back to Seattle. No state income tax. Property taxes are half of IL. It is one of the most liberal states in the country (way too liberal for my taste) but they seem to be far more financially sound than IL. Wonder how they do that and IL can’t?

That is true. Most of the land mass of the US is creepy crazy hillbilly land. You don’t have to go far outside of Chicago before you run into it. The mouth breathers are everywhere. I’m very glad I left the US.

Reactions: Cross Bones
That is true. Most of the land mass of the US is creepy crazy hillbilly land. You don’t have to go far outside of Chicago before you run into it. The mouth breathers are everywhere. I’m very glad I left the US.

Where too? panama? Thailand?

Nope but Vancouver BC is one helll of a great city.

That’s my point,.....everyone has convictions and everyone has different limits of what they can or will put up with.

The taxes in IL are Brutal and if they continue to go up without taxing retireee and pension income - then yeah I would rather leave. But I am limited on where I can go due to job unless I want to switch jobs/companies. If no limitation - I might head back to Seattle. No state income tax. Property taxes are half of IL. It is one of the most liberal states in the country (way too liberal for my taste) but they seem to be far more financially sound than IL. Wonder how they do that and IL can’t?
I am agreeing with you. For me a choice would be whether I want to remain in the burbs of a city or move to the actual city itself. I actually don't like cities much because there are too many people on top of each other (western and some southern ones are tolerable due to being more spread out) so that is a legit option for me. Moving to Indiana, South Carolina, Alabama or any rural area is not an option. Any place where I'm likely to see a bunch of rebel flags is not an option. Any place where a conservative D can almost lose to pedophile R because he prosecuted Klan members is not an option. I also do question people who are comfortable with being around it.

I've been to Seattle and liked it. It is definitely on the list of places I would go to should I leave Suburban Chicago. I also liked Phoenix.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
ADVERTISEMENT