ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship location

I hope the door doesn't hit them in the a@@.

You can't fault people for wanting to leave a state in such financial and political peril. The money being wasted by our massive and inefficient government is criminal.

When a state becomes culturally imbalanced, the minority group begins to feel they have no voice and change is not possible. This is when the minority culture begins to leave and seek out a state that better represents their cultural position. When I say "culture", I mean the moral, political, economic, spiritual worldview of the person. The liberal culture has significantly outstripped the conservative culture in the state of Illinois. Conservatives are leaving and seeking out environments that better suit their moral, political, economic and spiritual worldview.

You like the way the State is being run? Awesome - stay here. You don't like the way the State is being run? Move away.

My youngest graduates from high school in May 2020. We are listing the house this spring with the goal of downsizing and de-cluttering. Next is getting a lateral move within my company. We've targeted North Carolina.

It's the people with financial means who leave the state. The poor people receiving government subsidy stay here. Now recognize the fact that 100,000+ people leave Illinois each year. Over the next 10 years over a million consumers/tax payers will be gone. That has a painful economic impact.

I wish the liberals in Illinois well but all they know how to do is keep digging a deeper hole for themselves. They don't know how to stop the bleeding. They think they have the solutions but the numbers don't lie.

You can't fault people for wanting to leave a state in such financial and political peril. The money being wasted by our massive and inefficient government is criminal.

When a state becomes culturally imbalanced, the minority group begins to feel they have no voice and change is not possible. This is when the minority culture begins to leave and seek out a state that better represents their cultural position. When I say "culture", I mean the moral, political, economic, spiritual worldview of the person. The liberal culture has significantly outstripped the conservative culture in the state of Illinois. Conservatives are leaving and seeking out environments that better suit their moral, political, economic and spiritual worldview.

You like the way the State is being run? Awesome - stay here. You don't like the way the State is being run? Move away.

My youngest graduates from high school in May 2020. We are listing the house this spring with the goal of downsizing and de-cluttering. Next is getting a lateral move within my company. We've targeted North Carolina.

It's the people with financial means who leave the state. The poor people receiving government subsidy stay here. Now recognize the fact that 100,000+ people leave Illinois each year. Over the next 10 years over a million consumers/tax payers will be gone. That has a painful economic impact.

I wish the liberals in Illinois well but all they know how to do is keep digging a deeper hole for themselves. They don't know how to stop the bleeding. They think they have the solutions but the numbers don't lie.

Cat - Where in NC? Charlotte area is super nice and if you want to live in the burbs / lake Norman runs through the whole metro area! I was thinking along I77 and lake Norman (huntersville, Mooresville etc).

Daughter graduating in 2022. We targeting 2023 and hoping we don’t get taxed out of existence by then. Will take a couple years for them to raise the flat tax (and add exceptions) or make the constitutional amendment to load the progressive tax. So I think there is still time (I hope).

I hope the door doesn't hit them in the a@@.

Just wait until they start taxing retirement income and pensions MC63,.... you might be on here singing a different tune when that comes to pass (or planning a move yourself!). Granted - I think that will be one of the last money grab areas they go after - but it will happen eventually unless the dynamics change dramatically

Just wait until they start taxing retirement income and pensions MC63,.... you might be on here singing a different tune when that comes to pass (or planning a move yourself!). Granted - I think that will be one of the last money grab areas they go after - but it will happen eventually unless the dynamics change dramatically
As soon as they do that the 100,000+/yr figure will become more like 500,000+/yr and I will be one of them.

I love Illinois and Chicago, but what the politicians have done to this state borders on insanity. The state has too many problems which won't be fixed in the near future if ever. The only solution I see is more and more different or increased taxes
As soon as they do that the 100,000+/yr figure will become more like 500,000+/yr and I will be one of them.
I love Illinois and Chicago, but what the politicians have done to this state borders on insanity and is disgraceful to put it mildly. The state has too many problems which won't be fixed in the near future if ever. The only solution I see is more and more of different or increased taxes. I already told my wife that we may have to move out of state but waiting for what comes starting in January.

Cat - Where in NC? Charlotte area is super nice and if you want to live in the burbs / lake Norman runs through the whole metro area! I was thinking along I77 and lake Norman (huntersville, Mooresville etc).

Daughter graduating in 2022. We targeting 2023 and hoping we don’t get taxed out of existence by then. Will take a couple years for them to raise the flat tax (and add exceptions) or make the constitutional amendment to load the progressive tax. So I think there is still time (I hope).

Voodoo - frankly, I am indiscriminate regarding a NC location. Anywhere in the state would be fine with me. The Raleigh area is wonderful. I've not spent enough time in the state to have a preference.

Our daughter is a freshman at Liberty University up in Lynchburg, VA. My son may end up attending there, also. NC State is also a top choice for him. Raleigh is less than 3 hours from Liberty U.

The dream is to buy a 2000+ sq ft ranch house on a couple acres for $250,000 and try to pay it off in 12-15 years so I don't have a mortgage payment in retirement. Trade in my $12,000 annual property tax bill for something closer to $3000. We built a new house in 2006 that is now worth about $150,000 less than what we built it for. Brutal. No crying over spilled milk. Just gotta make wise choices and move on. In this case, out of Illinois.

Empathize with you Cat Box. I also have a $12,000 property tax bill, although my home is finally near to or slightly over what I paid for it in 2002. Reducing my property taxes would mean at least one ocean cruise and then some each year. Feel real sorry for those who can't afford to move or have other issues which keep them here. My kids are grown and have grand kids in Maryland, and Massachusetts, so moving to say Indiana would not be a big issue and we'll still be close enough for visiting and the holidays. Good luck in the future.

Took a quick poll from a couple of guys playing tomorrow. They were pretty stoked about playing at Memorial Stadium. They also felt the same way about playing at Northwestern or Soldier Field, and I agree about those venues as well for the Memorial Stadium haters. I mentioned the bird and dog stadium and not a lot of interest, much like the students which played in the Chicago Football Classic, which was originally scheduled for Soldier Field earlier this year, but moved to the dog.

At the end of the day I believe HS Football is about the players, it is their day/season, let them enjoy it.

Took a quick poll from a couple of guys playing tomorrow. They were pretty stoked about playing at Memorial Stadium. They also felt the same way about playing at Northwestern or Soldier Field, and I agree about those venues as well for the Memorial Stadium haters. I mentioned the bird and dog stadium and not a lot of interest, much like the students which played in the Chicago Football Classic, which was originally scheduled for Soldier Field earlier this year, but moved to the dog.

At the end of the day I believe HS Football is about the players, it is their day/season, let them enjoy it.

I like how you mentioned the Bird and Dog stadiums. Legitimately funny.

I think any athlete in any sport from football to boxing to basketball to baseball would rather play to crowds in a nearly full stadium vs. a nearly empty stadium.

There is a wow factor to playing at Soldier Field, for example. But 10,000 people at "the Dog or Bird" sounds, looks, feels way better than that same 10,000 playing in a 60,000 seat stadium, whether than be Memorial or Soldier field.

Reactions: markmacaluso
If Toyota Park was field turf, it would be the perfect fit for this.
Toyota Park...not really as they have not paid for the name in two years will never be an option as long as the Chicago Fire plays there. Now after the bankruptcy proceedings are complete and Bedford Park has something other than another food fest maybe it could host.

respectively disagree. Listen to Edgy's call of the 3A call. There is energy in the stadium, which is a direct quote. The players are getting to be in practice facilities and locker rooms which they would otherwise not get to experience. If you could play college football at Illinois, Northern or Illinois State it would be a gift. Most of these players will be playing intermural football at a college they select for reasons other than football next fall.

At the end of the day I believe HS Football is about the players, it is their day/season, let them enjoy it.[/QUOTE
Illinija -I would guess if the poll was taken of more than 3 players in a single stall restroom at Applebee’s, the outcome would be different. Red Grange and Dick Butkus have long left the Illini Stadium and I am thinking the crowd impacts the game more than the turf with the Big logo and State of Illinois does. At one time playing no on field turf was big, no Really big for HS players. 10years later for most HS players it is like tank battle or pong in the video world. Voting between the Bird or the Dog...Go with the New Bird Stadium.

respectively disagree. Listen to Edgy's call of the 3A call. There is energy in the stadium, which is a direct quote. The players are getting to be in practice facilities and locker rooms which they would otherwise not get to experience. If you could play college football at Illinois, Northern or Illinois State it would be a gift. Most of these players will be playing intermural football at a college they select for reasons other than football next fall.
I am pretty sure the energy is like a 25 watt bulb with the remnants of nuclear charge from the Byron team. Looking at the video, when the feed doesn’t go down, crowd size is minimal. I call fake news from EDGY.

The crowd looks like a Thursday afternoon Frosh game relative to the size of the stands. It is an awful look.

Reactions: ClownBaby
Have you ever been at a Mount Carmal game I don’t think so loser
would loved to go to MC this year with all of their rich tradition. But since they dont play in the CCL Blue any longer, that was not an option this year, had to stick to those games.

Right on the money Cat Box on a number of issues. Count us among those planning on leaving Illinois within the next 8-10 years. Our youngest daughter and son-in-law live near Sioux Fall, SD and are in the cattle industry. They just bought a 3200 sf house, 5 acres, and out buildings with a $ 4000 a year tax bill. Life is just better out there. Yeah, I know it gets cold out there in the winter. Not for everyone ,but fits our way of life

Reactions: Cat Box

Does Edgy have a post of the year award? This is my nominee.

Spot freaking on Catbox. Couldn’t agree more.

My older son played state championship at champagne and it was awful place for a HS football game.Lane tech with new field and locker rooms!really cool venue,also all seats close to field.

North Carolina State Motto: "Try Finding a Library"

@MC63 - you are an ignorant dick.
Below is a 2 minute video link to the library at NC State University.

What's more, Duke, Wake Forest, NC State and UNC all share library resources. You can receive reference material from any of these four great universities within 48 hours.

https://www.ncsu.edu/huntlibrary/watch/

Official site: https://www.lib.ncsu.edu/huntlibrary

"We’ve built an inspiring library where North Carolina’s thinkers, dreamers and doers can come together to seek solutions to the grand challenges facing this world. The Hunt Library offers spaces custom-built for collaboration across any distance. We’ve equipped it with cutting-edge tools to make concepts concrete. We’ve invested in immersive, large-scale visualization technology to create canvases that measure up to your ambition.

In the Hunt Library, we’ve built the library of the future."

"The James B. Hunt Jr. Library, opened in early 2013, has been featured in hundreds of media pieces—including influential publications such as Time, Scientific American, Forbes.com, Library Journal, The Chronicle of Higher Education, The Boston Globe, The San Francisco Chronicle, the Business Insider, The Wall street Journal, The Paris Review, Slate.com, Complex magazine’s Art&Design website, and Architect magazine—as a touchstone for new directions in academic libraries."

Last edited:
All State Team:
@Cat Box, poster

I'm watching the state finals when I get an ad from a teacher's union telling us that if we were to outsource even the Driver's Ed Department of public schools we'd suffer dire consequences.

Why would anyone want to outsource those guys, it's not like we're paying them $200K/yr, right?

@MC63 - you are an ignorant dick.
Below is a 2 minute video link to the library at NC State University.

What's more, Duke, Wake Forest, NC State and UNC all share library resources. You can receive reference material from any of these four great universities within 48 hours.

https://www.ncsu.edu/huntlibrary/watch/

"We’ve built an inspiring library where North Carolina’s thinkers, dreamers and doers can come together to seek solutions to the grand challenges facing this world. The Hunt Library offers spaces custom-built for collaboration across any distance. We’ve equipped it with cutting-edge tools to make concepts concrete. We’ve invested in immersive, large-scale visualization technology to create canvases that measure up to your ambition.

In the Hunt Library, we’ve built the library of the future."

Look Cat Box I already nominated you for post of the year and now you’re trying to win it twice.

Look Cat Box I already nominated you for post of the year and now you’re trying to win it twice.

The old fool makes it easy - throwing soft balls like that to me so I can smash it out of the park...

@markmacaluso - you and I need to get together down here at the Turf Room for a few martinis and some laughs.

Reactions: markmacaluso
If you can’t go to school, go to State. If you can’t go to State, go to jail.

But, to be fair, State is a massive step up from Liberty.

Last edited:
Thank you.

Yes, I'm aware of the "triangle" and I'm also aware that the rest of the state is pretty much Alabama or Indiana.

Which is still a significant step up from the South or West sides of Chicago and the South suburbs, East St. Louis, Peoria, etc.

Catch some "Hee Haw" before you move.

By the same token enjoy more Univision here in the murder capital of the country.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT