ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita's Kenny Golladay is headed to the Pro Bowl.

tomloner

Gold Member
Sep 21, 2004
Chicago
Kenny Golladay is headed to the Pro Bowl.

The third-year Lions wide receiver, who led the NFL with 11 touchdowns this season and produced his second consecutive 1,000-yard season (1,190), has made his first career Pro Bowl.

https://971theticket.radio.com/articles/news/after-initial-snub-kenny-golladay-named-to-pro-bowl

Also under the radar:

This past weekend The Blue/Gray High School Football game was played in Dallas Cowboys’ AT&T Stadium, on January 20, 2020. St. Rita had four players participate in the game Tommy Hixson, Zenin Hall, Trevor Tovey, and Michael Milton. Milton was a preseason pick. There were several other Illinois played on the East team. Montini had a couple of players also. Not a bad way to end your High School career.

The Army all-star was a couple of weeks ago with Illinois also well represented. That one gets a lot of attention because a number of players make their college selection at that time. Shout out to all the Illinois kids who played in that game. Those kids will be going to big time programs.

And good luck also to the kids going to small schools that will continue their football careers.

https://bluegreyfootball.com/roster...blue-grey-all-american-bowl-dallas-tx-jan-20/

Last edited:
No offense to anyone, but high school kids shouldn't be involved in all-star games. It's way too much pressure and way too much exposure for young men and their egos. These kids should be in school.

No offense to anyone, but high school kids shouldn't be involved in all-star games. It's way too much pressure and way too much exposure for young men and their egos. These kids should be in school.
Too much pressure? In what way?

I would agree but these kids spend all spring/summer at performance and skills camps in front of a lot of coaches and evaluators. Most of the kids at the Army game have been in the spotlight for two years.

I agree with the ego part thou. The part of picking your college choice on live TV for a 17 year old is a little much for me.

Too much pressure? It's supposed to be a fun way to end their high school career because only seniors are allowed to play. None of the kids playing in these all-star games are playing to still impress coaches unless you're talking about the combine before the game. I've played in a high school and college all-star game and our locker rooms were nothing but laughs with kids you've never played with before. You guys make it sound more serious than it is.

Also, the game was played on MLK weekend so most kids didn't miss school, maybe the Tuesday after to fly home. I'd say any parent would be proud and accepting of their kid to miss one day of school for an honor to play in an all-star game that they'll remember forever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT