ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita's Father Tom . . .

Good man, great priest.
Might need to visit him in Rome to congratulate him.

Fr. Tom will be missed. Fr. Tom is to the 77th campus that Fr. Crawford was to us 63rd Street Guys. Both of them helped make SR what it is today. When SR put up their last addition they named it the McCarthy Center.

Tom was in the band when he was at Rita. Rumor is he has already sent the sheet music for the fight song to the organist at St. Peter's. His last trip the pope got a St. Rita hat.

Reactions: CCLGUY1964
Will he be eligible right away or does he have to sit a year for a Private to Private transfer?

Sorry, Couldn't resist.

St. Rita/Villanova University signed the waviers. And although the IHSA may think they are next to God the Pope my be closer. Besides the Pope makes the rules not Marty Hickman. But Marty got a better pension plan then Pope does when he retires.

Sorry, Couldn't resist.

Reactions: CCLGUY1964
Good man, great priest.
Might need to visit him in Rome to congratulate him.
With the Pope being a Jesuit and Fr. Tom being an Augustinian, my hopes are:
  • Fr. Tom "borrows" the secret papers in the vault detailing the Bowie50 nutrition plan and forwards them to Coach Kuska
  • Fr. Tom convinces the Pope that Coach Holocek has served the Loyola community well and should be promoted to another mission:D

Reactions: go_rice and ignazio
Fr. Tom was two years ahead of me as a student at Rita. He visited my current parish to say Mass a year or two ago. Spoke with him briefly after Mass. Asked me what I'd been doing since high school and why was I wearing a De La Salle sweatshirt. I told him I've spent the last 17 years working there. He got a good laugh out of that.

Nice man, excellent priest. Wish him well on his new assignment at the Vatican.

Reactions: RockSoup
Ten years ago, I happened to attend a Saturday afternoon mass in Chicago Ridge which he celebrated. Great homily. I normally tune out from those, but his was wonderful..

Reactions: RockSoup
ADVERTISEMENT