ADVERTISEMENT

St. Rita v Rochester

The one thing that’s clear is there are no class discrepancies from teams in the state championship from 8A thru 5A (or if Rochester is down then 4A). Naz looked like they would’ve lost by 30 to Rochester with their showing also. Props to Derek Leonard and the boys, hope there aren’t any “recruiting” issues with that team because that small town can ball.
7A was won by MC, 6A by ESL and 5A was by Rochester. Is it safe to say the they were just better recruiters than their opponents were? How hard will Naz be working the free agent market? Good questions for the off season...

Love when people say “they made no in-game adjustments arghhh!!” Were you in the locker room at halftime? Or on a pair of headsets? I’m sure they didn’t say “we got em right where we want them down 28-7 at half, let’s play our game.” I’m sure adjustments were made and that offense is too tough for anyone to stop when it’s clicking. I think the Rochester QB had 1 poor throw all game. Everything else was right on the money. He was easily the MVP yesterday. Even with SR hitting him just as he released it every play, they were on him but you can’t cover perfect passes, especially when Beatty is on the receiving end.

The IHSA playoff selection show picked Rochester to win that night, Edgy had Rochester, half the Kings competition had Rochester. This was the outcome anti-CCLs and Central Illinois blue-bloods we’re hoping for to continue fueling the fire of even competition throughout the state.

The one thing that’s clear is there are no class discrepancies from teams in the state championship from 8A thru 5A (or if Rochester is down then 4A). Naz looked like they would’ve lost by 30 to Rochester with their showing also. Props to Derek Leonard and the boys, hope there aren’t any “recruiting” issues with that team because that small town can ball.
Naz had an off day, likely would've beaten Rochester. The Rockets would not have beaten any team but SR in 5-8A. LWE #1 Rochester #7 when ranking teams from Saturday

Reactions: Solid Snake Pliskin
I love this!

I have actually HEARD coaches say-

“ok guys we are down by whatever amount- we got them right where we want them because you slugs couldn’t have played worse and our real team is gonna come out 2nd half and kick their @$$!”

as far as adjustments- the typical fan has no clue. No clue how much film work it takes, blocking scheme, coverage checks, block rec... the whole encheludie!

blame the coach for the loss; kids get the credit for the win. Anything different is wrong

loved your post

To Rochester High School Congrats on your season!

And congrats to the SR kids. 3-6 last year in regular season and 1-3 to start this year. How many people would have HONESTLY had SR in the finals after week four this year? When the smoke cleared the two year record 17-10. Anyone who thinks that Todd Kuska is not a very good coach has no idea how well he did these last two years. Had he just mailed it in you could have reversed the two year record. The senior classes the last two years have carried on the tradition of SR and the CCL. They didn’t quit when they faced adversity. They became leaders. Not every high school has been that lucky.

I’ve watched SR football for 49 years and it’s been an absolute pleasure to watch the boys come in as freshmen and leave as young men. The season may have ended but Todd Kuska’s work has not ended. He like all good coaches work hard off season trying to get graduating seniors a place to play somewhere in college. Todd has been very good at this. When an Ivy League school came to SR looking for a player Todd made a referral of a public school player from out of state that played against SR.

And congrats to all of our CCL brothers and our ESCC cousins. I for one think after year one the merger of the two conferences went very well.

I think the SR will be ranked in the top 25 statewide going into week one next year. But it’s the final poll that actually counts not the first one.

Happy Holidays to all who go into football hibernation.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT