ADVERTISEMENT

St Joe's closing at end of school year

If the CCL/ESCC adjusts in the Fall as expected, the long awaited Naz/Montini matchup will occur. That would not have happened without the merger. Personally, I really like the CCL/ESCC combination. I'm hoping your prediction does not come true.
That matchup next year will be like Mayweather - Pacquiao. About 8 years too late.

Reactions: Duhawk44
That matchup next year will be like Mayweather - Pacquiao. About 8 years too late.
The timing would not seem to be great for Naz, especially with the recent Tyler Morris injury.

When Weber shut down at the end of 99, The teams that fall got a forfeit win.

That’s excellent news. Then league doesn’t need to try and find a 24th team on the fly. Nine teams play eight games and start year 1-0. No need to juggle anything! It’s like having 24 teams with one of them a lock to go 0-9

I'll take the under.

Given that the closing announcement is barely a week old, I'm surprised that anyone can assign a number to how many former Chargers will be enrolling at Montini. I'm curious about the rationale behind what you are hearing. Were the SJHS 9th-11th graders already surveyed on this and the 30 number is coming from that? Have registrations at Montini for the 2021-22 school year from current SJHS students already been received?

Pretty good sources and they are gently transitioning the school. The CBs of DLS handled this one well and treated the families with empathy at StJ. 30 would be 9-11, as 12 will be moving along next month. Many are already registered.

Reactions: Gene K.
I don't know, the lower levels look strong and returning skill position players will help. Incoming freshman class around 165, largest in years. Is there a title shot next year? Not likely. Will they be competitive? Sure.
That’s good to hear. I don’t know anything about what is happening there, but some of the final scores were alarming to me. Didn’t expect to see them in lopsided losses to Rita (no shame, but still didn’t expect it) and Provi. Also was surprised to see such a close score against DLS. 5 years ago, 30 plus point losses to two opponents and a close call against a below .500 DLS weren’t in the cards for Montini at all. Glad to hear they may be stabilizing with some stronger lower levels.

Reactions: Gene K.
A creative solution would be to start an online/virtual or hybrid self-study/homeschool and let the families who choose that compete in football.
Of course, since it's a new and creative idea that challenges the staus quo it has zero chance of happening.

That’s good to hear. I don’t know anything about what is happening there, but some of the final scores were alarming to me. Didn’t expect to see them in lopsided losses to Rita (no shame, but still didn’t expect it) and Provi. Also was surprised to see such a close score against DLS. 5 years ago, 30 plus point losses to two opponents and a close call against a below .500 DLS weren’t in the cards for Montini at all. Glad to hear they may be stabilizing with some stronger lower levels.

Covid, injuries, Rita's best team in forever, weird season, for sure.

Covid, injuries, Rita's best team in forever, weird season, for sure.
Naz is teed up for you all season and you go trollin for some Western Ave. smoke? I have 51 reasons not to respond😂

Edit: I love mchsalum and mistook his forever label as a shot due to waking up on the wrong side of the stable this morning

Last edited:
Reactions: mchsalumni
Naz is teed up for you all season and you go trollin for some Western Ave. smoke? I have 51 reasons not to respond😂

Not following your train of thought here. so ok, I guess? I would think saying a team had their best squad in a long time would be a compliment, but maybe I'm wrong? Either way, they kicked MCHS around. Better?

Not following your train of thought here. so ok, I guess? I would think saying a team had their best squad in a long time would be a compliment, but maybe I'm wrong? Either way, they kicked MCHS around. Better?
I edited my response above.

Reactions: mchsalumni
I edited my response above.

I probably could have been clearer there too, all good. I think they would have ran the table in a 14 game run which makes this 6 game snooze fest the IHSA called a football season even worse.

I don't know, the lower levels look strong and returning skill position players will help. Incoming freshman class around 165, largest in years. Is there a title shot next year? Not likely. Will they be competitive? Sure.
Numbers were the best in over five years. That's really good news! I think MCHS had around 130 the last 2 or 3 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT