ADVERTISEMENT

Spring season grade

I’ll give CG an A for going 4-0. May have been a different record if they didn’t miss 2 to covid and actually played Huntley for the FVC championship. They still surprise me how they reload every year and nothing stood out to me talent wise before the season. Always a team effort.

I’ll give CG an A for going 4-0. May have been a different record if they didn’t miss 2 to covid and actually played Huntley for the FVC championship. They still surprise me how they reload every year and nothing stood out to me talent wise before the season. Always a team effort.

Richmond with enrollment for next year of 624 went 6-0 and out scores it’s opponents 248-21.
If you count these 6 wins, Rockets will start the fall with a 20-game winning streak.

Reactions: manzo11
Decatur St. Teresa (2021 enrollment of 230 and they do not get any sort of multiplier, according to the IHSA website. They were multiplied in 2019 when they lost in the 2A state semifinals) went 6-0 and outscored its opponents by a ridiculous 343-40. That's 343 points in 6 games (avg. of 57 per).

Decatur St. Teresa (2021 enrollment of 230 and they do not get any sort of multiplier, according to the IHSA website. They were multiplied in 2019 when they lost in the 2A state semifinals) went 6-0 and outscored its opponents by a ridiculous 343-40. That's 343 points in 6 games (avg. of 57 per).

North Suburban Conf. co-champs Warren & Lake Forest both went 6-0 and sadly did not play each other in the 8-team league.
Warren outscored its foes 258-19 and LF outscored its foes 212-45.

North Suburban Conf. co-champs Warren & Lake Forest both went 6-0 and sadly did not play each other in the 8-team league.
Warren outscored its foes 258-19 and LF outscored its foes 212-45.
The following sentences I bring up not to be critical of anybody, but to use as an illustration of how high school football fans just can't be aware of circumstance in any given school that can result in a one-off season.
This example is Lakes High, which has gone to the playoffs 11 years in a row and has won 6 or more games in each of those seasons.
This spring, Lakes went 0-for-6 and was outscored 213-53. There's obviously some circumstances that caused this, but we as fans probably no idea. We just see the 0-6 and several lopsided scores and determine that.a school is "way down. this year." It's certainly possible that there is a reason for the poor results on the field.

Reactions: Gene K.
I’ll give MC a B-....Flashes of absolute brilliance accompanied by brief periods that left me wondering if some of the players really wanted to be out there at times.

My outlook on the Spring season was like drinking Non-Alcoholic Beer...it was OK at first but after awhile it was like what’s the point...it’s not getting me drunk! I am thankful they got to play though and I’m hoping in four months it’s business as normal!

I will give Althoff Catholic a solid B. This is a program it’s basically starting over. There was a mass exodus prior to the last year of the previous coach. This year‘s coach, Austin Frazier, is a first-year coach, the fourth ever in school history, an alum who played under Schott and was an assistant under one of Schott’s protégés, Jimmy Stiebel, my teammate and the man who should’ve been hired for the Althoff job when the old man retired.

When the punt team had to run out, which was often, they were all there. There were no personal fouls because of a lack of discipline. Very few holding penalties. Very few procedural penalties. They were organized. They were just outmanned, playing boys against men.

That will change. They are building it and payers will come. hell - we finally have our own field!

But it’s sad, some of my teammates have very talented sons who wouldn’t even sniff at Althoff a couple of years ago when they started school. There’s tons of talent that traditionally would’ve ended up at the school, but crossed the river.

I’m really excited about this Austin. He gets a check from me.

Last edited:
Rochester A-
The 17 Seniors got to have 6 games, Hank Beatty got experience at QB, the Offense and Defense will each return 5 starters and quite a few rotation players, several sophomores played quite a bit, and the freshmen were unbeaten.

The Defense was inconsistent. Played very well against Chatham, Jacksonville, and Springfield (2nd half) but was pushed around by SHG and had bad stretches against Springfield and MacArthur.

B for Wilmo........Undefeated 5-0. Had very weak 4th quarter performances in several of their games. RC kept it close on them. Beat CC so that's a huge plus. Best athlete was out all year I believe too.

I'm pretty sure that's not even accurate. Plainfield South played 4 games (I'm guessing they lost that 4th game and that's the reason for the tie?, however tie breakers are a bit bizarre this season as well.
They beat Joliet Central in the 4th game

ADVERTISEMENT