ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Football Schedules

Really surprised the CCL/ESCC is foregoing the pool play to quarterfinals route. Really had a chance to differentiate themselves from all other leagues as no other league is large enough to pull off what would easily be considered a de facto state championship. They could have and chose not to. Surprising.

sad to see Rice be the team bounced from JC’s schedule. There are a few potential stumbling blocks here, but they really should be favored in each game.

Reactions: McCaravan
Really surprised the CCL/ESCC is foregoing the pool play to quarterfinals route. Really had a chance to differentiate themselves from all other leagues as no other league is large enough to pull off what would easily be considered a de facto state championship. They could have and chose not to. Surprising.

sad to see Rice be the team bounced from JC’s schedule. There are a few potential stumbling blocks here, but they really should be favored in each game.

After most schools cemented their schedules they change it to a 30 mile radius, not just conference too. But I agree, I know these schools were under the gun but I was hoping for a Catholic League Tournament as well.

Agree on that one. Was really looking forward to seeing a JC/Rice match up.

All.... Sacred Heart-Griffin. Ratsy

3-19 (A) Decatur (Eisenhower)
3-26 (H) Decatur (MacArthur)
4-3 (H) Chatham
4-9 (H) Rochester
4-16 (H) Lanphier
4-23 (A) Springfield

Start date is off and 7 games.
I have seen this for Montini online:
Week 1) home to Batavia
2) at St. Rita
3) at St. Viator
4) home to St. Joe's
5) at DeLaSalle
6) April 23—at Providence Catholic

according to what I saw, St. Viator, St. Rita and Providence are the conference games.

I heard the 2, seven-team divisions of the South Suburban Conference are adopting what was scheduled for Weeks 3 - 8 if a full fall 2020 regular season had been held That effectively gives 6 schools in each division 5 games within their league and 1 cross-over. However, 1 school in each division will play all 6 teams in their league without a cross-over. That is due to their cross-over meeting originally scheduled in Week 9.

I heard the 2, seven-team divisions of the South Suburban Conference are adopting what was scheduled for Weeks 3 - 8 if a full fall 2020 regular season had been held That effectively gives 6 schools in each division 5 games within their league and 1 cross-over. However, 1 school in each division will play all 6 teams in their league without a cross-over. That is due to their cross-over meeting originally scheduled in Week 9.
Sounds similar to the West Suburban conference. Most schools are playing 1 crossover and 5 in conference. That means they miss 1 regular conference opponent. Hinsdale Central will play all 6 the silver. GW plays Addison from the Gold and misses out on Proviso West from its division.

Regarding the 2, five-team divisions of the Southwest Suburban Conference, it appears from what can be seen in the IL8to18 platform, that the 6 games originally from Weeks 4 through 9 have been pasted forward to the spring. This gives each team 4 games against all their similar-enrollment division opponents and 2 cross-over games against a differing-enrollment foe from the other league.

Is CPS even gonna play football this year? anyone know?
Without as much as a peep about not starting the basketball season with the rest of the state from any stakeholders, playing football seems like a longshot. And then there is the whole battle between CPS and CTU on the academic end of things.

St. Rita:

19 Mar 21 7:30 Loyola
26 Mar 21 7:30 Montini
01 Apr 21 7:30 Providence Catholic
09 Apr 21 7:30 @Marian Catholic
16 Apr 21 7:30 @Benet Academy
23 Apr 21 7:30 @ Notre Dame

Anybody know of any places to watch games this spring? Hoping since there isn’t fans allowed somebody will be showing games for free online.

Anybody know of any places to watch games this spring? Hoping since there isn’t fans allowed somebody will be showing games for free online.
A lot of schools are offering free viewing through various different outlets.

Reactions: USD24
Anyone hearing anything yet about how live streaming of FB games might be handled? What is basketball doing and how well will that translate to football? What are some of the more common platforms expected?

Anyone hearing anything yet about how live streaming of FB games might be handled? What is basketball doing and how well will that translate to football? What are some of the more common platforms expected?
Basketball has been a mix of NFHS or schools using their own YouTube channel, Instagram or Facebook live. Some streams have had announcers others it was simply just the stream of the game

Any explanations of why the upcoming FB game schedules are appearing on "8to18" school athletic websites and but none on the IHSA platform? Absent a playoff, no interest in being a resource for this info?

Any explanations of why the upcoming FB game schedules are appearing on "8to18" school athletic websites and but none on the IHSA platform? Absent a playoff, no interest in being a resource for this info?

Individual schools have to enter the schedules on IHSA.org. My guess is IHSA hasnt required it for spring since no playoffs. No other sports are ever on there.

Good Luck Coach, though I have to say I got super excited about the 3pm starts, then was a little deflated to see that they were not on Thursday afternoons.

Reactions: ilovethedew
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT