ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Football: Positives?

The weather the first six weeks will be worse than anything we typically see in October/November.

The real positive is if we play that means things are getting close to normal.
Remember baseball normally starts playing the third Monday of March. They survive teh weather.

Reactions: missingwalter
Remember baseball normally starts playing the third Monday of March. They survive teh weather.

They also cancel most of their March games and stay inside hitting in cages or pitching in hallways.

that's cause they can't play on wet fields, football can and has a lot more turf options than ever.

Well most schools are sharing a turf field if they have one with 3 levels of football and 3 levels of soccer.

Freshmen should play 2-3 sports

true but the none of the traditional football crossovers (basketball, track, lax, baseball) are fall sports. and you need to committ to one sport for an off-season weight program.

Well most schools are sharing a turf field if they have one with 3 levels of football and 3 levels of soccer.
They'll figure it out. You may just have to share a field at some point (for practices) and typically all levels of soccer do not play on the turf field.

true but the none of the traditional football crossovers (basketball, track, lax, baseball) are fall sports. and you need to committ to one sport for an off-season weight program.

Yeah that’s true. It’ll be interesting to hear if weight rooms are allowed to be open by school districts if they’re going remote.

They'll figure it out. You may just have to share a field at some point.
Yeah that’s true. It’ll be interesting to hear if weight rooms are allowed to be open by school districts if they’re going remote.
I'm thinking they will be, if they are having Fall sports (non-contact), they should be able to do it safely, hell most have been doing it all summer.

I'm thinking they will be, if they are having Fall sports (non-contact), they should be able to do it safely, hell most have been doing it all summer.

The plan could change, but my kids district has said that if they go all remote, no extracurriculars will be allowed, including sports.

The plan could change, but my kids district has said that if they go all remote, no extracurriculars will be allowed, including sports.
The all-remote spring of '20 sure did not allow for anything extracurricular statewide, whatsoever.

kids that play basketball and then football will be in better aerobic shape.

There could be 12 consecutive months of quality football to watch starting in Sept.

ADVERTISEMENT