ADVERTISEMENT

Sorry Illini......

What's the worst that's going to happen to Illinois, is the top talent in the state going to leave the state since they are playing on Friday nights? I'm an Illini hater but if they feel this move makes sense why not since nothing else has worked down there.

What's the worst that's going to happen to Illinois, is the top talent in the state going to leave the state since they are playing on Friday nights? I'm an Illini hater but if they feel this move makes sense why not since nothing else has worked down there.
I'll tell you what won't happen, people won't tune into the Illini over good HS games. Not until they fix that garbage product.

They usually look like a high school team, it is an appropriate night for them.

Lovie always said "Friday is our night and Rex is our QB"

So I'm Curious...

Northwestern was supposed to play 2 Friday Night games and Fitz seemed to really complain about it when announced. Somehow the NU Friday night games changed. Anyone know how they actually got them changed?

Thought this was a BIG TEN thing and there was little the teams could do to change the schedule dictated by TV deals and coverage.

Could the Illini have done something? Anyone have any knowledge on this?

Doesn't the big 10, not Illinois set the conference schedule for both times and dates?

So I'm Curious...

Northwestern was supposed to play 2 Friday Night games and Fitz seemed to really complain about it when announced. Somehow the NU Friday night games changed. Anyone know how they actually got them changed?

Thought this was a BIG TEN thing and there was little the teams could do to change the schedule dictated by TV deals and coverage.

Could the Illini have done something? Anyone have any knowledge on this?

Yes, this is a Big Ten thing. Want to blame someone? Blame Delaney.

USD,

You are correct. Several Big10 teams refused the Friday night games, the teams at the top of the conference had their voices heard the others had their schedule dictated.

It works for me. I am going to spend Friday night visiting my son at UofI and watching football. It will keep me out of LaGrange Park. Would love to be wrong, but I don't think I would enjoy my night there!

And now they pull the offer of a verbally committed QB from GA shortly after getting a QB from Frisco Texas to commit. I'm sure we will never know the whole story but something here just stinks.

I'm trying to be the bigger person about all of this Big Ten playing on Friday nights deal and basically bit my tongue on the South Florida game....but now again this week hosting Nebraska on Friday night in Champaign?

Sorry....that's crap as far as I'm concerned. Raw deal for HS football

Not an unusual practice.
I wish there were a way to do away with verbals all together.

I'm trying to be the bigger person about all of this Big Ten playing on Friday nights deal and basically bit my tongue on the South Florida game....but now again this week hosting Nebraska on Friday night in Champaign?

Sorry....that's crap as far as I'm concerned. Raw deal for HS football

Did U of I have a choice to do so, or was this thrust upon them by Jim Delaney? Some schools flat out said no (Penn State, Ohio State, as I recall), but was every school given the option to do so?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT