ADVERTISEMENT

So who's the 2017 Preseason #1 ranked team in Illinois?

No sir! You give us 7. We don't like grass anymore.

GW may be returning about 3,500 yards worth of offensive production, but if we don't have some kids step up quickly on D, the Greek Freak may get 3,500 yards in Week 1.

Only soph game I saw was at Montini last year. I think they had Lynch there a little. More of a blocking TE exclusively looked like. Id think Wilkins/Taylor though. i have heard same thing on Taylor.
Lynch played some TE but he's more of a LB, little undersized for TE. Freshman had a good TE, O'Mahony, hard nosed kid from Fisher, tall kid, he'll be the starter as a junior with Watkins and Taylor can handle duties next season.

St Charles East is going to be really good also. Coming off an 11-0 regular season, before falling to Palantine in the 3rd round of the playoffs.

GW may be returning about 3,500 yards worth of offensive production, but if we don't have some kids step up quickly on D, the Greek Freak may get 3,500 yards in Week 1.
Correct me if I'm wrong but just because the uniform may not say Hitters doesn't mean they aren't still the Hitters?

Correct me if I'm wrong but just because the uniform may not say Hitters doesn't mean they aren't still the Hitters?

Assuming Hetlet is on the field, the Hitters will be playing a 3-5 defense and flying to the ball playing Hitter football. Removing the 5 grads that rep the "5" in that 3-5 D from 2016 leaves many with questions about how ready they will be Week 1. We also have to replace DE Moorehead which is no small task.

It just may be more like a 42-35 game unless we get some torrential downpour (or sprinkler malfunction) the night before. ;)

Next years MC tight end will be Patrick Szczesniak. He played center on the Sophomore team but he's built like a tight end. He's 6'3" 200 lbs. and the kid can block and catch. He should help MC get to the edge. Billingsley looked like Tarzan but blocked like Jane. Plus Szczesniak is one of the top long snapper in the country so that position will be solid. Wouldn't be surprised to see him at LB too.

Thanks Mr Szczesniak!

Reactions: mchsalumni
I want to put 15 names in a bowl and pick the preseason #1 from the bowl. I think that pick would be as good as any until summer camps start.... ... but i don't have a bowl handy so I agree with Mr Gene - Loyola or Praire Ridge are as good of choices as any.

Reactions: Gene K.
New Poster here. After watching the Championship games last year I would want to say Loyola however the Wolves of PR return so much. Its a toss up but I'll go with PR by a hair.

Marist is loaded, Br Rice will be tough week 1 but Marist is the favorite, after that I see the, running through the rest of the schedule.

Over 5500 folks viewed this thread and only 61 gave their opinions as to the preseason # 1 team. We need more people to give their thoughts on this to keep it going! Come on people make your choice.

Based on what we know each school has coming back I think you have to go with PR. Question is....what happens if Samson gets injured?!? He makes that thing go.

So many Lurkers/Readers and aficionados of HS Football and many (like me) will eventually turn into Posters!! - Come on folks!! - only the first post or two is scary;)!!

Reactions: Gene K.
Over 5500 folks viewed this thread and only 61 gave their opinions as to the preseason # 1 team. We need more people to give their thoughts on this to keep it going! Come on people make your choice.
I think most people feel the preseason #1 is PR, therefore not a whole of discussion on the matter.

Reactions: EdgyTim
I think most people feel the preseason #1 is PR, therefore not a whole of discussion on the matter.

You are probably right. They right up there with ESL, Loyola etc.

HOWEVER - just to spark some angst and debate ;) I would postulate that it would be much more difficult and improbable if there was an open division in this state (similar to Stoned Lizards class organization plan). I would bet against PR having to run a gauntlet of say ESL, MS, Loyola, GBW, etc. etc. and be able to pull 5 straight wins from the best competition. I would put my money on a 7A or 8A school that had more depth should any bumps/bruises raise their ugly heads during the playoff run.

Any insight as to how the lower levels are at PR? Samson, Jenkins and that crew of LB's will be Seniors......what's coming up?

Based on what we know each school has coming back I think you have to go with PR. Question is....what happens if Samson gets injured?!? He makes that thing go.
Samson handles the ball on every play and runs with it a ton. Hope he stays healthy all year but If Samson gets injured they will still be a solid team. Don't know if they have the backups to be this years state champs however.

You are probably right. They right up there with ESL, Loyola etc.

HOWEVER - just to spark some angst and debate ;) I would postulate that it would be much more difficult and improbable if there was an open division in this state (similar to Stoned Lizards class organization plan). I would bet against PR having to run a gauntlet of say ESL, MS, Loyola, GBW, etc. etc. and be able to pull 5 straight wins from the best competition. I would put my money on a 7A or 8A school that had more depth should any bumps/bruises raise their ugly heads during the playoff run.
Totally agree! It would be tough for any team to come away from that open division undefeated. If they did there would be no question as to who is the best team in the state.

Me too. I think my top 3 would go:
1 ESL
2 PR
3 Loyola

Defending 8A champ MS should get love - but one of the threads said they only have 3 returing starters coming back? Would need to know more about the Sophs that will be Juniors next year to rank them in the top 5.

PS - ESL needs to develop a kicker!! In any close game that could have been something that would have derailed them last year. Kickoffs giving the other team the ball at midfield most times and no extra point attempts? Wow.

MS has 7 returners coming back (RB, WR, WR, NG, OLB, SS, FS). Both the soon to be senior class and junior class were 8-1 as sophs (with only losses to Loyola).
Also, 2 frosh from last year were called up in playoffs and should be considered studs, with one of them a 6'4 lineman who is grandson to an NFL HOF Lombardi Packers Player.

Me too. I think my top 3 would go:
1 ESL
2 PR
3 Loyola

Defending 8A champ MS should get love - but one of the threads said they only have 3 returing starters coming back? Would need to know more about the Sophs that will be Juniors next year to rank them in the top 5.

PS - ESL needs to develop a kicker!! In any close game that could have been something that would have derailed them last year. Kickoffs giving the other team the ball at midfield most times and no extra point attempts? Wow.

Every location have disadvantages. For ESL it is kickers. They receive great athletes however there isn't a soccer program in the community that can help develop kickers. The issue of not having a kicker will not be the reason ESL win or lose a game.

MS has 7 returners coming back (RB, WR, WR, NG, OLB, SS, FS). Both the soon to be senior class and junior class were 8-1 as sophs (with only losses to Loyola).
Also, 2 frosh from last year were called up in playoffs and should be considered studs, with one of them a 6'4 lineman who is grandson to an NFL HOF Lombardi Packers Player.

Soon to be juniors 8-1? They should fix their Hudl then, shows them with lots of losses last year.

Prarie Ridge
Marist
Loyola
Stevenson
Hinsdale Central
Crete Monee
Fremd
Mt Carmel
Glenbard West
Nazareth

Crete Monee has 9 offensive starters returning. Defensively they will be young but a lot faster on that side of the ball. should be an interesting season.

crete monee will have some serious horses this year to go along with that tough non conference schedule
I'm confused about why you quoted me? I didn't say anything bad about CM did I? Frankly I have absolutely no idea what they have.

Soon to be juniors 8-1? They should fix their Hudl then, shows them with lots of losses last year.

Not sure who does the hudl but it is wrong. It would be a big story here if a Maine South team on any level, won just 1 game. I went to almost all the soph games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT