ADVERTISEMENT

So who will have the worst crowd showing today?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Well who doesn’t turn out? St Rita already an early contender along with Rochester not a very good showing.....I know the weather sucks so

Well who doesn’t turn out? St Rita already an early contender along with Rochester not a very good showing.....I know the weather sucks so
Probably spending as much time warm and dry until they absolutely have to go in the Stadium!!

Wow that was quick Rochester strikes in its opening drive up 7-0 853 1q I said a week ago this game has the makings of say JCA Montini a few years back we’ll see

Fried potato salad a mere 2 blocks away or wet and rainy. Hmmm.

Didn’t see the other crowds but THE BEAST fans showed up. Any thoughts?
They do show up! LWE has a terrific community! You do understand that I made the projection earlier in the afternoon...I was also being folksy. Additionally, I don’t believe the Eagle opened in the 1820’s. Feel better? Enjoy your win.

Reactions: WIU78 and Gene K.
They do show up! LWE has a terrific community! You do understand that I made the projection earlier in the afternoon...I was also being folksy. Additionally, I don’t believe the Eagle opened in the 1820’s. Feel better? Enjoy your win.
Totally agree
Home or Away, they show up. Much to be proud of to be sure.

St Rita was smaller. Warren? I was hoping for much more from the Warren side to be honest
Funny you say Warren, when we played them in ‘17 playoffs we felt they had a light showing given the game.

At Marist, the visitor stands were packed. The only reason I did not go to Dekalb was I wanted to see all the games Saturday...but East fans travel.

Yes and this is nothing new. East has been packing the stands as far back as 2003 that I can remember. I think a few packed games were with the first PC game in 2005 and the MC game in 2006. Standing room only on both sides of the field and all around the end zone.

Yes and this is nothing new. East has been packing the stands as far back as 2003 that I can remember. I think a few packed games were with the first PC game in 2005 and the MC game in 2006. Standing room only on both sides of the field and all around the end zone.
Of course they travel well..there’s 48,000 kids in the school ;)

Reactions: Gene K. and IgorStL
Regarding LWE fans: Even at regular season AWAY games, the seat-savers come at the beginning of the 2nd level game to hold the choice spots. Also, at this year's home quarterfinal game, their school website publicized something to the effect of no seat-saving and items will be removed from the bleachers. Fat chance that would happen and it did not.

Reactions: Gene K.
Johndoe thanks for the shout out for us crazy LWE followers. The community supports the Griffins but like all HS programs today it is not like the golden years of the early 2000’s when there were no seats to be had in Frankfort. They currently save “prime” seats but you can still find a spot for your fanny in the home bleachers. I was disappointed with Warrens turnout coming from a school of 4000...well above the LW 2800...not quite the 48,000 but close. Once the split with Cook school district #43/ #161 is complete East will be closed and LWC will be the bad boy in town.

Reactions: Bowie50
Johndoe thanks for the shout out for us crazy LWE followers. The community supports the Griffins but like all HS programs today it is not like the golden years of the early 2000’s when there were no seats to be had in Frankfort. They currently save “prime” seats but you can still find a spot for your fanny in the home bleachers. I was disappointed with Warrens turnout coming from a school of 4000...well above the LW 2800...not quite the 48,000 but close. Once the split with Cook school district #43/ #161 is complete East will be closed and LWC will be the bad boy in town.
I guess you didn’t sense I was intentionally being fatuous...weird, because I was laying it on pretty thick.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
Got it Bowie. I also did not want folks skipping LWE games because it is “sold” out as a certain IG88 use to fabricate for the Homewood-Flossmoor games. ( which were not sold out ) Also, noting the flux in the district may be changing yet again the landscape of Dist. 210. Crowds are encouraged at all HS functions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50

Update coming 12/11 @WIU78 on the split!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT