ADVERTISEMENT

So who should be the 2018 NBCSC Drive team?

Maine East.
It would be far more interesting seeing the challenges they face.

Or Christ the King HS. Should be an interesting season for them.

Reactions: Ghostoftheghost
NAZ NAZ NAZ.. Loaded with talent, and a few underclassmen up and coming that not many know of.

Naz would be interesting if they would dedicate some coverage as to how they recruit as far west as Aurora and Oswego to find football talent. I think the Naperville Patriots are in the Naz farm system.

Batavia would be awesome. I gotta tell you how impressed I was watching them in person. They mighta won 8A. Also, their fans could not have been cooler.

I thought Batavia got Success Factored by the IHSA up to 8A.

Oh wait...
Never mind.

Reactions: Bowie50
3 year run on public's...looks like a private would be up.

Mt Carmel would have the best story line replacing a legend. Loyola would also be nice since a former NFL/ U of I grad built it up to a powerhouse, Naz...their fans are already think they're the greatest thing since the Kardasians....

I'd like to see a small school like IC Elmurst.

3 year run on public's...looks like a private would be up.

Mt Carmel would have the best story line replacing a legend. Loyola would also be nice since a former NFL/ U of I grad built it up to a powerhouse, Naz...their fans are already think they're the greatest thing since the Kardasians....

I'd like to see a small school like IC Elmurst.

This is an excellent post!
Cat Box approved.

This is an excellent post!
Cat Box approved.

giphy.gif

Maybe a bit too far from suburbia, but the Maple Leafs of Geneseo are an intriguing group.
Gotta love the 3 stripe socks!

The refs.

I actually like the ref idea.

Follow a few crews. What they do at their full time jobs. How their working affects their families. What they do to get ready each week. Show how much preparation goes into becoming an official.

Also, how they work for next to nothing while the clock operators get paid more. The rules: How most fans don't know the difference between HS, college and pro rules and they as officials keep it all together.

I actually like the ref idea.

Follow a few crews. What they do at their full time jobs. How their working affects their families. What they do to get ready each week. Show how much preparation goes into becoming an official.

Also, how they work for next to nothing while the clock operators get paid more. The rules: How most fans don't know the difference between HS, college and pro rules and they as officials keep it all together.

I also like the ref idea. I’ve officiated other sports and I would love to see what it’s like to be a football ref. The fan/ref relationship would be pretty entertaining. Every sport has the crazies but it seems like some of the football dads go way overboard.

I also like the ref idea. I’ve officiated other sports and I would love to see what it’s like to be a football ref. The fan/ref relationship would be pretty entertaining. Every sport has the crazies but it seems like some of the football dads go way overboard.
I think this would be a good add on in addition to a team.

I was kidding. No ref that I know of, myself included, would do this.

Actually, I think plenty would. You guys are all saying how difficult it is to get new officials. What better way to to spotlight what you do and how the best way to get it done.

And I was completely serious that you guys should be PAID more.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Actually, I think plenty would. You guys are all saying how difficult it is to get new officials. What better way to to spotlight what you do and how the best way to get it done.

And I was completely serious that you guys should be PAID more.
I will gladly take more money.

Marist, a team that was never talked about and rarely made the playoffs ever to now have made playoffs 9 of last 10 years. Second year coach Ron Dawzak who had an undefeated regular season in the usually tough ESCC. Good amount of returning starters as well.

ADVERTISEMENT