ADVERTISEMENT

So which players would make the Team of the Decade?

.... and one would have thought that with the a@@handing Mount Carmel put on their boys this year that the bravado would be tempered a bit......
Agreed. And I had always held the 2014 Naz team as a great team. This thread had me go back and look at their results and their resume seems very thin when it comes to opponents and placing themselves as a great team of the decade. Not a single signature win really.

saw both PC and Naz at least 3 times each that season. I would take 2014 PC by 10 to 14 points, though it would likely be more. SHG-Naz would be the competitive game to see that season.

So if I get this straight it’s highly unusual for teams to play in a state title game with injuries or illnesses - did I get that right?
No everybody plays with injuries in the playoffs. Having 13 kids hospitalized is no the norm and you know it. Ask @NazDad what he was dealing with on that Thanksgiving and Friday. lol

@Rock Island (Alleman) 47, Belleville (Althoff Catholic) 6

I know of a team that more than half the team was puking the night before and day of a semi-final ... but that was alcohol-fueled puking.

After the long drive home, there was more puking, as the team was made to practice as soon as the bus arrived on campus ... and this was a BRUTAL practice, based on all accounts in the incident. What happened that night could not happen today.

ADVERTISEMENT