ADVERTISEMENT

So which players would make the Team of the Decade?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Wanted to get this going earlier....so who would make your Team of the Decade from the years 2010 thru 2019 by position? Feel free to play around with the positions a bit (different formations etc) I'll add mine sometime later this week/early next week.

QB
RB
RB
TE
WR
WR
OL
OL
OL
OL
OL

DL
DL
DL
DL
LB
LB
LB
DB
DB
DB
DB

KR/PR
K/P

Both from LWE: AJ Henning (ATH) and Dominic Dzioban (K/P). Great individual talents along with 2 State Championships on each resume.

Reactions: Bowie50
Both from LWE: AJ Henning (ATH) and Dominic Dzioban (K/P). Great individual talents along with 2 State Championships on each resume.

Yes to both LWE Henning & Dzioban
I wonder how many others on the list have
2 State Championships in 8A and both times 14-0

Need to see more OL.

Christian Lombard Fremd
Glasgow brothers Marmion
Ethan Pocic Lemont
Laken Tomlinson Lane tech (interesting I saw him wrestle as a junior against a chubby wrestler and he got pinned)
Trevor Ruhland Cary Grove
Kyle Bosch st Francis
Jordan Walsh hitters
Brian Bobeck Fremd
Allen bros Hinsdale Central

My two cents...

Reactions: ignazio and Gene K.
Need to see more OL.

Christian Lombard Fremd
Glasgow brothers Marmion
Ethan Pocic Lemont
Laken Tomlinson Lane tech (interesting I saw him wrestle as a junior against a chubby wrestler and he got pinned)
Kyle Bosch st Francis
Jordan Walsh hitters
Brian Bobeck Fremd

My two cents...
I’ll add Ruhland’s teammate Michael Gomez to that list. All state 2-way lineman was a beast.

Reactions: atrain97
Need to see more OL.

Christian Lombard Fremd
Glasgow brothers Marmion
Ethan Pocic Lemont
Kyle Bosch st Francis
Jordan Walsh hitters
Brian Bobeck Fremd

My two cents...
Can’t forget the BIG boys! Fremd seems to have a big line every year.

Lots of love for kickers but none better than Jake Elliott from Lyons.

All time leading scorer at Memphis who broke all of Gostkowski’s records and won a Super Bowl.

Debate over for K of decade

Reactions: Skins93
Lots of love for kickers but none better than includes Jake Elliott from Lyons.

All time leading scorer at Memphis who broke all of Gostkowski’s records and won a Super Bowl.

Debate over for K of decade
Eh.

McCann knocked one from 60.

But better than him - or anyone else during the decade - was Austin Siebert, a four-year starter who scored 5.2 point a game during his high school years.

Here are his high school stats:
https://www.maxpreps.com/m/athlete/austin-seibert/T2ref_TuEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/football/stats.htm

Oh ... as for NCAA success, Oklahoma highlights and awards ...
Career NFL statistics as of 2019
Field goals:
Field goal attempts: 25
Field goal%: 86.2
Longest field goal: 53
Touchbacks: 30
Perfect on Pats.

Last edited:
Can’t forget the BIG boys! Fremd seems to have a big line every year.
The ones that stick out in my mind that I actually saw play are ironically all from the same area except one. Bryan Bulaga, Trevor Ruhland, Trevor Keegan and Addison West were all outstanding (and all Fox Valley area). The best lineman I’ve seen in the last 10 years was Kevin Jarvis at Maine South. He’s an absolute beast . He has great feet and hands, I know he was hurt this year but I expect he will be a first round draft choice if he comes back next year and plays well.

Scratch Bulaga, not this decade. But damn he was and still is damn good. He did a great job against Mack a couple weeks ago.

Last edited:
What’s more important: their Hs career or post Hs career when deciding all decade team?

From MC the only player I can think of for player of the decade honor would be DL Steve Richardson. Best player on two of the better defenses in the decade. Solid college career at Minnesota followed. Argument can be possibly made for Enoch Smith as well but Richardson was just a special player you are lucky to get once a decade or so.

What's the position with the most competition? Probably LB.

QB - Lunt, Thorson, McCarthy, Macon
WR - Treadwell
WR - Golladay
WR - Boykin
TE - Marwede
TE - the kid from Marist whose name slips me
OL - Schofields, Allens, Jarvis, Swenson

DL - ?
LB - Sanborn, Morrison, Borland
DB - ?

What's the position with the most competition? Probably LB.

QB - Lunt, Thorson, McCarthy, Macon
WR - Treadwell
WR - Golladay
WR - Boykin
TE - Marwede
TE - the kid from Marist whose name slips me
OL - Schofields, Allens, Jarvis, Swenson

DL - ?
LB - Sanborn, Morrison, Borland
DB - ?
Nic Weisher is the TE from Marist. Very solid in high school. I think he got lost in the shuffle at ND. Probably would have excelled at another school that didn’t have so many options at that position.

Kenny Golladay has had a fine NFL career, and was decent at Rita, but don’t think he would be in discussion for one of the best of the decade at the WR position.

Nic Weisher is the TE from Marist. Very solid in high school. I think he got lost in the shuffle at ND. Probably would have excelled at another school that didn’t have so many options at that position.

Kenny Golladay has had a fine NFL career, and was decent at Rita, but don’t think he would be in discussion for one of the best of the decade at the WR position.
In HS Weisher > Kmet

I remember watching Golladay a couple times and being completely impressed. He probably didn't have the stats but was one of those guys you could tell was a player. I thought they should have had him cover Boykin when they played PC.

We could also go with Westerkamp, the kid from SHG, and the Rice kid (names slipping me)

Reactions: McCaravan
I remember watching Golladay a couple times and being completely impressed. He probably didn't have the stats but was one of those guys you could tell was a player. I thought they should have had him cover Boykin when they played PC.

We could also go with Westerkamp, the kid from SHG, and the Rice kid (names slipping me)
Ricky Smallings from BR

Reactions: krock the house
Names that I’d put on the list below. Admittedly skewed toward skill position players as those are who my individual player watching skews to when just catching a handful of games per season of some of these guys (and therefore skewed to playoff performance)

JJ McCarthy - QB
Ty Issac - RB
Tyler Pennington - FB
Westerkamp - WR
Treadwell - WR
DaVarias Daniels - WR
Billingsley - TE/ATH
Samson Evans - QB/ATH/Winner just put him on the team
Nick Allegretti - OL

Epenesa - DE
Jack Sanborn - LB
Antonio Johnson - DB