ADVERTISEMENT

Sleeper Team That No One is Talking about

Swscobserver

May 29, 2018
Homewood Flossmoor will be the swsc’s undisputed top dog next season. The Vikings return several prominent members from a second round team last year and they will be ready for a run at a state title this year. Defensively, the Vikings return arguably the top defensive line in the state with Isaiah Coe, Charlie Brooks and Their nose guard who is also a solid highschool player. On the second level, you have a division one linebacker in Justin Whiteside and also another in Kellen Williams who will be getting more attention this year. At corner you have Wynston Russell who is the best pure m2m corner in Illinois. Offensively, you have Leon tanna at running back and also Maurion Scott at wideout and they are also returning four starters on the offensive line. Don’t be surprised to see the Vikings at NIU in November, big test week 2 in the LOU against Lutheran North a Stl juggernaut.

H-F in an underdog role is a tough sell. Among their attractive high profile out-of-state non-cons, unparalleled facilities and elite athleticism pool in the school (see 2nd place team finish in Class 3A State Track & Field meet this weekend), the Vikes are not likely to sneak up on anyone.

Homewood Flossmoor will be the swsc’s undisputed top dog next season. The Vikings return several prominent members from a second round team last year and they will be ready for a run at a state title this year. Defensively, the Vikings return arguably the top defensive line in the state with Isaiah Coe, Charlie Brooks and Their nose guard who is also a solid highschool player. On the second level, you have a division one linebacker in Justin Whiteside and also another in Kellen Williams who will be getting more attention this year. At corner you have Wynston Russell who is the best pure m2m corner in Illinois. Offensively, you have Leon tanna at running back and also Maurion Scott at wideout and they are also returning four starters on the offensive line. Don’t be surprised to see the Vikings at NIU in November, big test week 2 in the LOU against Lutheran North a Stl juggernaut.

The GoldenDomer is back!

The GoldenDomer is back!

200w.gif

I will be very surprised if the play at NIU in November. Not likely.

Reactions: BataviaDogs1

False, the best m2m corner in the nation plays for Phillips. That’s DC is such a phenomenal coach he has guys who can play in the league right now. How dare you disrespect him!

Reactions: GhostOfTheGhhost
Mark my words, the Vikes will be playing for a state chip next November. You guys think that Lincoln way east defense was good last year wait till you see this one

But only one year in recent memory did HF make the state title game (and lost to Stevie I believe). It seems they always get tripped up somewhere like the 8-0 team that dropped the finale to Bolingbrook and created seeding chaos for them and everyone that year. Then they stumble somewhere in the playoffs in round 2 or quarters most years. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out in the fall. HF always has talent and is a top 25 team.

When do LWE & HF play? Sounds like game that we must attend?!
These 2 meet in Week 6. After that, H-F closes with 3 opponents that went 11-17 last season including 1 playoff qualifier who lost in Round 1. LWE ends with 3 that went 9-19 also with 1 qualifier/Round 1 exit.

I don’t think it’s a sleeper but Br. Rice should rebound from that dumpster fire of a season they had last year. If they don’t go at least 6-3, then bye bye Badke.

No one will be talking about AC, for a couple reasons.
AC will be in class 1A this year. They lost their multiplier and true enrollment is class 1A. No one talks about 1A teams. Also, they will be in the Metro Suburban which gets much less attention than the CCL from which AC is coming. Defense returns 9 starters.Team speed and conditioning will be there. Look for a 6-3 regular season record and cruise through early playoff rounds in 1A and probable state championship game appearance.

Reactions: Gene K.
No one will be talking about AC, for a couple reasons.
AC will be in class 1A this year. They lost their multiplier and true enrollment is class 1A. No one talks about 1A teams. Also, they will be in the Metro Suburban which gets much less attention than the CCL from which AC is coming. Defense returns 9 starters.Team speed and conditioning will be there. Look for a 6-3 regular season record and cruise through early playoff rounds in 1A and probable state championship game appearance.
Nice work scheduling those Urban Prep games...That's terrible. I'm sure those will be barn burners.They'll get in at 5-4 most likely . Don't think they'll beat RB, IC, SF, or Bmac. ACC game will be the swing game.

They lost in the semis to a public school last year. Not world beaters - but certainly stout.

Lamar has won 7 in a row. Hard to fault someone for losing to a team that runs the double wing with that much success. Lutheran North also best Trinity who is LOADED with talent.

Nice work scheduling those Urban Prep games...That's terrible. I'm sure those will be barn burners.They'll get in at 5-4 most likely . Don't think they'll beat RB, IC, SF, or Bmac. ACC game will be the swing game.

AC will crush ACC. It won't be a swing game.
AC will likely beat SF as they are still rebuilding. SF has very few upperclassmen playing football. They should be competitive again in a couple years but will struggle again this year.
Did you see the AC vs. Bmac game last year? AC shut out Bmac in the 2nd half to win 55-28. I think AC wins again unless Bmac has something amazing up their sleeve.

I agree with you that RB and IC will be out of reach for AC.

How is HF a "sleeper team"? They are always on Beth Long's list of teams she heard had good football teams once so I rank them every year in a paper people still have to line their bird cages with....

Sleeper team was like CL central last year...made playoffs after a 3-6 season the year prior. They were such a sleeper, they quit having JV games just prior to their game against PR...for safety reasons..smh

The GoldenDomer is back!

Edgy:

Oh no! I thought it was supposed to be five years! Didn't IG88/GoldenDomer get five years? Wait, IG88/GoldenDomer, you can't come in here! Wait! Let's talk outside; let's have a cup of coffee outside!

Seriously, IG88/GoldenDomer, the food here is really expensive. The soup is fuc*ing $10! Let's go outside; I'll buy you a cup of coffee!

I am the new Head Football Coach at Lindblom Math and Science Academy and we will surprise some people this year. We're 5A and intend on making noise in that bracket moving forward. When it's all said and done Phillips will be a distant memory.

Reactions: PanthersWildcats86
I am the new Head Football Coach at Lindblom Math and Science Academy and we will surprise some people this year. We're 5A and intend on making noise in that bracket moving forward. When it's all said and done Phillips will be a distant memory.
I call BS! If not, I recommend a little humility going forward.

“There are 2 types of athletes. Humble athletes and those about to be humbled.”

John Holecek

Is this real? Or someone sticking it to the football coach at Lindblom?

All.... Nothing wrong with confidence but maybe a little more attention directed in getting the schools first postseason playoff win and scoring points instead of attention on Phillips is a more productive avenue of travel. Just a thought.... Ratsy

Reactions: Bowie50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT