ADVERTISEMENT

Skoronski to NW: My full evaluation

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
My goal is to average 1-2 evals a day in December 2018...I will begin with the 2020 top names already listed/known and then I'll work my way out to others in 2020 and then 2021 as well.

Thanks

Name:
Peter Skoronski

Position: Offensive Tackle

High School: Maine South

Graduation Year: 2020

Height: 6-foot-4

Weight: 270 pounds

Video Link

My impressions of Peter Skoronski:
I've been able to watch Skoronski live in games over the past two seasons at Maine South. Skoronski also took part in a North Central College satellite camp last summer and I also saw Skoronski make a camp visit to NIU last summer when Penn State was oen of the schools in attendance. Skoronski is a throwback type of kid personality wise....he seldom seeks out any press/coverage and you will seldom see/read any real recruiting stories/updates on him. Again Skoronski is a very quiet, well mannered kid who again is a pretty low key personality...quite a chance from the "look at me" world of recruiting these days.

Evaluation of Peter Skoronski: Skoronski played on both sides of the football in 2018 and was an impact type of performer for the Hawks. Skoronski has really good size with a frame that will no question be capable of adding more weight and size at the next level. Skoronski played offensive tackle and some nose guard in 2018. Skoronski shows really good overall strength and power and also has a good first step and uses his hands well. Skoronski also is capable of getting to the second level of block and is always looking for another defender to block. It's going to be interesting to see where Skoronski projects to at the Power 5 college level. Skoronski is listed at 6-foot-4, 280 pounds but to me looks like a kid who will keep growing and who has the frame/overall length to become say 6-5/6-6 before he's done growing.

Room for improvement? Skoronski has good feet and mobility but can improve on his overall quickness and agility, especially if school project him as more of a OG. Skoronski also has good power and punch but like every HS level linemen can work on improving using his hands better while also developing his overall strength, quickness and linemen fundamentals this off season.

Projected level: Rivals has Skoronski ranked as a mid 4 star ranked player and it's hard to disagree. Skoronski will be a Top 10 ranked name in the Class of 2020 in Illinois along with being one of the more sought after names in the Midwest. Skoronski has a ton of upside, has a terrific all around game and plays at a very high level. I can't remember seeing Skoronski not go 100 percent on any play and he just seems like a kid with a high motor who wants to play and succeed at the highest level possible in college.

ADVERTISEMENT