ADVERTISEMENT

Simeon Sues

If someone is legitimately wronged how do we expect them to get whole if we pooh pooh on sueing? Believe me I see my share of frivelous suits, but sometimes one comes across my desk that justifies why there are suits.

While I don't like suits to overturn games or overturn multipliers etc suit is the only way to get some sort of remedy if someone legitimately feels wronged.

Reactions: iamgroot
To add to that, it's "you're", not "your".

Well, since I use "your" in just one sentence: "What does matter is who is on your sideline", it appears to me that you obviously missed all of YOUR English 101 classes.

You're is the contraction of the words you are. Thus, both should be able to be used in place of one another in a sentence.

Based upon that you are (you're) saying that I can rewrite the sentnce to read: "What does it matter who is on you are sideline".

My god what terrible journalism

epic:

Deadspin is owned by Gizmodo Media, of which is parented by liberal explanatory journalism venture, Univision. A media source so dreadful, it is beyond simple naive, politically correct, agenda journalism, it is a weaponized journalism, which means it is not journalism, but propaganda.

Should you ever find a few moments you are willing to waste in your day, take a glance at Splinter News. It is worse than Vox, Jacobin, and MSNBC combined.

Reactions: IgorStL and Gene K.
He assigns some of my friends their youth FB games... at least he did as of 2016. They say he’s a maniac and incredibly immature. Today, one guy told me he is the worst person he has ever encountered in sports, be it a ref, coach, player, or parent.

He has his hands in a lot of stuff. He “pays” the referees for Park Ridge park district basketball. He doesn’t assign them, or even know them. Not sure why PR has him handle the money. And he takes an insurance fee from every referee, something I have never encountered in 21 years of officiating.

As a referee myself, I can’t take off my uniform fast enough when my games end. I wear a full t-shirt under my ref jersey specifically for the purpose of taking the stripes off, even if I’m at girls games or youth games. Why somebody would ever wear the stripes at field level when they aren’t working is baffling to me.

Precisely....a spare set of sweats/hoody, etc... NOTHING with IHSA on it. When I'm done....I'm done.

epic:

Deadspin is owned by Gizmodo Media, of which is parented by liberal explanatory journalism venture, Univision. A media source so dreadful, it is beyond simple naive, politically correct, agenda journalism, it is a weaponized journalism, which means it is not journalism, but propaganda.

Should you ever find a few moments you are willing to waste in your day, take a glance at Splinter News. It is worse than Vox, Jacobin, and MSNBC combined.
"__________________________ Happened and Twitter is Going Crazy!" journalism

Reactions: IgorStL and Gene K.
1. Were the FB posts confirmed to be the person in question? Seems like a different name and he alludes to reffing the game.
2. He did not ref the game, correct?
3. This is terrible for both teams kids.
4. Some adults need to grow up.

Lol, go write book with all that education! Ruling on the field stands! Naz Wins - Move on.

We'll "move on" when we're ready to move on, not when some Nazareth super fan tells us to. This is a front page story (even a national story, at this point) and no one on here is out of line discussing it. Maybe it's time for you to move on?

When will sanctions come down on Naz then for having "recruits" on the sideline, some with custom jerseys made for them?
Stop. Nobody at Naz has EVER had a custom jersey. EVER. Also there is nothing against having youth players at your games. In fact I'm pretty sure every private school does. the most I've ever seen at a game was at joliet memorial.

Ok..I read the Complaint (I've never heard of Shay Allen, but that does not mean anything). I do not see this case going very far and anticipate it will be dismissed within 6 months (2-615/2-619). Plaintiff's counsel may try to amend a few times - we shall see. I just do not see privity of contract between any of the Plaintiffs (exception: possibly the school as a member), especially the parents, unless they can successfully argue some sort of implied contract. Also, no "wherefore" clause after Plaintiff's first Count for breach of K. Hyper technical, but I'd move to strike - just to be a prick and make things difficult. I probably would have done the same thing attorney Allen is doing, i.e. get something on file, so I can file my emergency motion for injunctive relief and get in front of the judge as quickly as possible.

In order for Plaintiffs to prevail on an emergency motion for injunctive relief (remember, we are asking the court to compel a party to do something, or refrain from doing something - not an easy thing to do. Not asking for monetary damages.) they must be able to show the following at the emergency hearing:

(1) likelihood of success on the merits; (2) irreparable harm; (3) that less harm will result to the defendant if the TRO issues than to the plaintiffs if the TRO does not issue; and (4) that the public interest, if any, weighs in favor of plaintiff.

I just do not see the court making a finding in favor of the Plaintiffs with regard to #1 and possibly #2 and #3. Therefore, if Plaintiffs lose on the TRO and NAZ plays, then the supposed harm has already occurred thereby rendering the the Complaint moot (or mute if you are some of the posters on this site). With the exception of the relief being sought with regard to Mercado. Of course, my analysis was done quickly and is quite glib.

Last edited:
Case will be dismissed, Simeon will still have lost, and Naz will be celebrating a State Championship Saturday after Cary wins 6A.

To make nice, Naz will pay for some extra medals and award them to Simeon.

@Bowie50

You actually have, it’s Shay Allen. Here’s a video to help you out remembering... he’s explaining or not explaining why he’s sueing the Pritzker campaign. Also thought it was very interesting that he was charged with making false statements to a court. I realize there are some politics here, but that is not the intent; I rather am trying to add context to the attorney leveling the suit.

https://www.wcia.com/video/extended...t-pritzker-campaign_20181019012606/1534472592

Ok..I read the Complaint (I've never heard of Alan Shay, but that does not mean anything). I do not see this case going very far and anticipate it will be dismissed within 6 months (2-615/2-619). Plaintiff's counsel may try to amend a few times - we shall see. I just do not see privity of contract between any of the Plaintiffs (exception: possibly the school as a member), especially the parents, unless they can successfully argue some sort of implied contract. Also, no "wherefore" clause after Plaintiff's first Count for breach of K. Hyper technical, but I'd move to strike. I probably would have done the same thing attorney Shay is doing, i.e. get something on file, so I can file my emergency motion for injunctive relief and get in front of the judge as quickly as possible. In order for Plaintiffs to prevail on an emergency motion for injunctive relief (remember, we are asking the court to compel a party to do something, or refrain from doing something - not an easy thing to do) they must be able to show the following at the emergency hearing:

(1) likelihood of success on the merits; (2) irreparable harm; (3) that less harm will result to the defendant if the TRO issues than to the plaintiffs if the TRO does not issue; and (4) that the public interest, if any, weighs in favor of plaintiff.

I just do not see the court making a finding in favor of the Plaintiff's with regard to #1 and possibly #2 and #3. Therefore, if Plaintiffs lose on the TRO and NAZ plays, then the supposed harm has already occurred thereby rendering the the Complaint moot (or mute if you are some of the posters on this site). With the exception of the relief being sought with regard to Mercado. Of course, my analysis was done quickly and is quite glib.

Reactions: Bowie50
@Bowie50

You actually have, it’s Shay Allen. Here’s a video to help you out remembering... he’s explaining or not explaining why he’s sueing the Pritzker campaign. Also thought it was very interesting that he was charged with making false statements to a court. I realize there are some politics here, but that is not the intent; I rather am trying to add context to the attorney leveling the suit.

https://www.wcia.com/video/extended...t-pritzker-campaign_20181019012606/1534472592
Very good observations and points JWAR. I will not comment about a fellow member of the Illinois bar on a public forum, but very interesting. Also, it may help if I get the attorney's name correct ;) Thanks my man! I hope you and yours a well! Sounds like your son is doing very well. I amended my post accordingly. Happy Thanksgiving and good luck to NAZ this weekend!

@Bowie50

All 4 boys are doing well, oldest is a permenant Phoenix resident now working Commercial real estate arbitrage and sales for SVN in the Arizona and Souther Cal Region, number 2 & 3 both at Penn State one playing one not, and #4 mid way through his Jr. year trying to figure out what he wants to do...the wife and I are preparing for the empty nest shortly followed by grandchildren. Where does the time go! How’s you and yours as we approach this joyous season?

Very good observations and points JWAR. I will not comment about a fellow member of the Illinois bar on a public forum, but very interesting. Also, it may help if I get the attorney's name correct ;) Thanks my man! I hope you and yours a well! Sounds like your son is doing very well.

@Bowie50

All 4 boys are doing well, oldest is a permenant Phoenix resident now working Commercial real estate arbitrage and sales for SVN in the Arizona and Souther Cal Region, number 2 & 3 both at Penn State one playing one not, and #4 mid way through his Jr. year trying to figure out what he wants to do...the wife and I are preparing for the empty nest shortly followed by grandchildren. Where does the time go! How’s you and yours as we approach this joyous season?
9 year old just finished his second season of tackle football (PAFA 9U Gold - finished 3rd). Just made academic all American for the BGYFL with straight A's. I know it's just 4th grade, but we are rally proud of him. He's a great kid and a fantastic brother to his little sister who is a one and a half years old. Huge age gap! Makes life interesting! Wow, your son is playing for Penn State, so cool! What an accomplishment! Good luck to all 4 boys in all of their endeavors. Your wife must be a saint - 4 boys my word. Take care my friend - GOOD LUCK RAMBLERS AND ROADRUNNERS!

Case will be dismissed, Simeon will still have lost, and Naz will be celebrating a State Championship Saturday after Cary wins 6A.

To make nice, Naz will pay for some extra medals and award them to Simeon.
Silver lining: the scourge of Rich Mercado in youth sports officiating comes to a close. Thank you Simeon fans, parent, friends and boosters.

Stop. Nobody at Naz has EVER had a custom jersey. EVER. Also there is nothing against having youth players at your games. In fact I'm pretty sure every private school does. the most I've ever seen at a game was at joliet memorial.

Check twitter and u will see a youth kid pictured with a custom jersey

Check twitter and u will see a youth kid pictured with a custom jersey

The only thing I can assume you are talking about is the young ball boy Michael.

1. He’s the ball boy.

2. It’s not a custom jersey he wears; he wears an old Nazareth jersey from about 2-3 iterations prior to the current naz jersey. Circa 2014 and earlier I think.

Reactions: Naz5405
The only thing I can assume you are talking about the young ball boy Michael.

1. He’s the ball boy.

2. It’s not a custom jersey he wears; he wears an old Nazareth jersey from about 2-3 iterations prior of the naz jersey. Circa 2014 and earlier I think.
I can't believe they are going after elementary school kids now. Have they no shame?!

Weird thing is there is no one with the last name Mercado on the game roster posted on IHSA football website.

This is gettin stranger and stranger. I like a good drama though so there’s that.

Reactions: pm373869
Haven't read the thread but if anything, Simeon should sue over that blatant offensive pass interference non-call in the endzone when it was 21 all

Reactions: pm373869
Weird thing is there is no one with the last name Mercado on the game roster posted on IHSA football website.

This is gettin stranger and stranger. I like a good drama though so there’s that.
Right- 2 number 7's listed, but neither with that last name. Also, why do people keep saying this guy was reffing and in uniform? It looks like he was in a black jacket?

ADVERTISEMENT