ADVERTISEMENT

Simeon Sues

I've been to Gately several times. No random parent can get on the sidelines. I am sure at some point he was deemed okay to be there. I am sure the individuals that vouched for him had no ideal this would happen. I am sure everyone thought this person would behave which he probably did during the game. The stupid comment is what made everything wrong and now should be dealt with by Naz at some point. Right now, they should be focused on playing for the championship and not worry about this crap. Deal with the madness next Monday after the championship game is over.
Nothing happened during the game, it all happened after on social media. I was at this game in the front row, I watched numerous people walk in the gate, I watched the security guard hold the gate open actually as pass-less people walked right by without even a conversation. I have been to Gately numerous times and this surprised me and I noted it multiple times, so please don’t spread the narrative someone vouched for him because you weren’t there. Security inside the stadium was completely aloof until the end when they tried to fight a cameraman.

Let me rephrase this... Naz was not in charge of the security that let unbadged personnel on the field. Home team always set the guidelines of who makes it to the field by communication with security. Coaches have enough to worry about and should not worry if someone belongs there. That's how you call a run play on 3rd and 2 with no timeouts 20 secs with left and a WR that won every jump ball in the game... I'm just saying...

#Giveyourselfachance

Again, you are responsible for what happens and who is on your sideline.

The IHSA has stepped in over the years to handle these issues. Maine South received sanctions for allowing too many coaches on their sideline during playoff games. This led to limit the number of passes on each sideline during the playoffs. After that incident, it was much more difficult to be on a sideline. I know, because as part of the media covering the games, we had to get a sideline pass for the games and there were far less people there. Actually, it was quite nice for someone who is working and trying to move around all the extra people.

But all of that has eased over the past few years. Even at state playoff games, I have seen more and more people, who are just hanging out, watching from the sidelines.

I see the IHSA cracking down hard on Naz to make an example of them and to say that you ARE responsible for your sideline and who is on it.

Reactions: Skins93

The IHSA has stepped in over the years to handle these issues. Maine South received sanctions for allowing too many coaches on their sideline during playoff games. This led to limit the number of passes on each sideline during the playoffs. After that incident, it was much more difficult to be on a sideline. I know, because as part of the media covering the games, we had to get a sideline pass for the games and there were far less people there. Actually, it was quite nice for someone who is working and trying to move around all the extra people.

But all of that has eased over the past few years. Even at state playoff games, I have seen more and more people, who are just hanging out, watching from the sidelines.

I see the IHSA cracking down hard on Naz to make an example of them and to say that you ARE responsible for your sideline and who is on it.

I get the whole “appearance” thing but people keep saying things that imply something happened or was done by him on the sideline. The only transgression was his idiotic behavior on Facebook after the fact. There was no sideline incident. He could have said the same things online without being on the sideline by simply saying as a ref he knew the officials working the game and “made sure they knew what to do.” I don’t think the IHSA is going to sanction Nazareth for a non-emoloyees Facebook transgressions.

Dude your reaching... Naz sanctioned for a comment made on FB by a parent/ref is ridiculous. Once again security let that person on the field not Naz. He had zero influence on the game or any poor call that was made. Like the 2-3 pass interference calls against Naz on that same drive. Ultimately your saying the ref's were on the take... The thing is it would be believable it the calls were one sided but they weren't. Move on...

Nothing happened during the game, it all happened after on social media. I was at this game in the front row, I watched numerous people walk in the gate, I watched the security guard hold the gate open actually as pass-less people walked right by without even a conversation. I have been to Gately numerous times and this surprised me and I noted it multiple times, so please don’t spread the narrative someone vouched for him because you weren’t there. Security inside the stadium was completely aloof until the end when they tried to fight a cameraman.

There were no passes for anyone at the stadium and there never is for participating teams at Gately

No sane football official shows up to watch a game with his stripes on, whether he was coming from a youth game or not. YOU DON’T WEAR YOUR STRIPES, The game officials, I’m sure, thought he he was a complete tool/insane for doing so.

Regarding Facebook comments, I’m sure the IHSA will do the right thing and sanction this official. He doesn’t do varsity games any way, so maybe a mute point.

You'd be surprised at how many officials actually have relationships with the schools they are refereeing. This is a stupid case though.

No one vouched for him, call this guy a jackass all you want but don’t question the integrity of others involved, including the officials.

No one vouched for him, call this guy a jackass all you want but don’t question the integrity of others involved, including the officials.

I didn't questioned the integrity of anyone. I stated what I know about Gately stadium. I was also at a portion of that game as well. Again, during the game everything was fine to which no one would have asked for the person in question to be removed I am sure. I equally feel the need to defend security as most are blaming them for the person being on the sideline. There are no passes for the participating teams, and I have never seen extra people on the sidelines during the 15 plus games I have witnessed at Gately. Like I said in my original post, this is nothing to really deal with now as the championship game should be the focus. I am sure the situation will be resolved moving forward.

I mean, if he caused a disturbance during the game, Naz would be responsible. First, a sideline warning, then subsequent penalties. The only thing he did on the sideline was his self-important "influence" on the game. Naz people might not have even known he was there.

Dude your reaching... Naz sanctioned for a comment made on FB by a parent/ref is ridiculous. Once again security let that person on the field not Naz. He had zero influence on the game or any poor call that was made. Like the 2-3 pass interference calls against Naz on that same drive. Ultimately your saying the ref's were on the take... The thing is it would be believable it the calls were one sided but they weren't. Move on...

2010....Maine South....sanctioned for extra people on sideline in semi-final/final game. Head coach suspended 1 game. Telling everyone to "move on....." isn't going to make this go away.

Reactions: Quags57
No sane football official shows up to watch a game with his stripes on, whether he was coming from a youth game or not. YOU DON’T WEAR YOUR STRIPES, The game officials, I’m sure, thought he he was a complete tool/insane for doing so.

Regarding Facebook comments, I’m sure the IHSA will do the right thing and sanction this official. He doesn’t do varsity games any way, so maybe a mute point.

With all of the comments being thrown around about the guy I’m pretty sure the “no sane official” comment doesn’t apply.

I didn't questioned the integrity of anyone. I stated what I know about Gately stadium. I was also at a portion of that game as well. Again, during the game everything was fine to which no one would have asked for the person in question to be removed I am sure. I equally feel the need to defend security as most are blaming them for the person being on the sideline. There are no passes for the participating teams, and I have never seen extra people on the sidelines during the 15 plus games I have witnessed at Gately. Like I said in my original post, this is nothing to really deal with now as the championship game should be the focus. I am sure the situation will be resolved moving forward.
You said someone vouched for him, meaning someone of high ranking at Naz to get him on the sideline. I called you on that, I don’t think you mean harm but that completely false narrative could be taken and ran with by others like this thing which is now out of control. No one vouched for that jackass, security let him and MANY others in. I don’t care what you say, I witnessed it with my own eyes, many are people I know. Both sidelines were packed outside the box with people that surely didn’t belong. I’m not “blaming” anyone. If that’s protocol over there that’s fine because like I said this goof did nothing during the game. It was a normal HS football game. Some calls were missed, coaches on both sides yelled, one team was victorious and the other team’s fans threatened me and many others on the way to our cars. Lol normal HS game.

Sincerely wonder if you same people saying this were singing the same tune in 2010 when MS had 50+ alumni on the sidelines at the semi-final game at Loyola.
Uhhh...LA folks didn’t file a lawsuit.

What occurred prior to the game and after on social media on now the lawsuit takes away from a great football game played by both teams. Now, the Naz players and coaches, need to focus on the upcoming championship game and forget all the nonsense that played out previously. Control what you can control and that is getting ready for SCN. The rest is water over the bridge as far as the Naz players and coaches should be concerned.

Agree with Bowie that this is sending the wrong message to the Simeon players who despite playing their hearts out lost the game IMO (after watching the tapes) due to poor coaching. The idiot donning his ref uniform should be barred from any type of sports related officiating. And hopefully gets his comeuppance when he has to spend time answering depositions prior to any court appearance if it comes to that level.

Reactions: go dogz and IgorStL
To second this... As coaches, you have to be aware of who is on your sideline at all times. You are responsible for them. I've been in games where the head coach has asked the AD who a person is to make sure they belong on the sidelines. Why would you want someone like this clown on your sideline? Leads me to believe he was a regular on the sideline and Naz knew all about it.

as far as your last statement, he wasn't.

What occurred prior to the game and after on social media on now the lawsuit takes away from a great football game played by both teams. Now, the Naz players and coaches, need to focus on the upcoming championship game and forget all the nonsense that played out previously. Control what you can control and that is getting ready for SCN. The rest is water over the bridge as far as the Naz players and coaches should be concerned.

Agree with Bowie that this is sending the wrong message to the Simeon players who despite playing their hearts out lost the game IMO (after watching the tapes) due to poor coaching. The idiot donning his ref uniform should be barred from any type of sports related officiating. And hopefully gets his comeuppance when he has to spend time answering depositions prior to any court appearance if it comes to that level.
This case isn’t going that far.

You are so wrong. You are responsible for what happens on your sideline. Especially if you have a goofy jackass running around acting like an insane zebra that got lost from Brookfield Zoo.

Maybe. But none of that actually happened.

You said someone vouched for him, meaning someone of high ranking at Naz to get him on the sideline. I called you on that, I don’t think you mean harm but that completely false narrative could be taken and ran with by others like this thing which is now out of control. No one vouched for that jackass, security let him and MANY others in. I don’t care what you say, I witnessed it with my own eyes, many are people I know. Both sidelines were packed outside the box with people that surely didn’t belong. I’m not “blaming” anyone. If that’s protocol over there that’s fine because like I said this goof did nothing during the game. It was a normal HS football game. Some calls were missed, coaches on both sides yelled, one team was victorious and the other team’s fans threatened me and many others on the way to our cars. Lol normal HS game.

If you know Gately it could have been an assistant coach or anyone that had on something Naz. They don’t operate based on rank. Either you look like you belong or you don’t. If you don’t look like you belong, they get somewhat aggressive at times. No need to get sensitive as every place don’t operate the same way.

In the end good luck on Saturday

If you know Gately it could have been an assistant coach or anyone that had on something Naz. They don’t operate based on rank. Either you look like you belong or you don’t. If you don’t look like you belong, they get somewhat aggressive at times. No need to get sensitive as every place don’t operate the same way.

In the end good luck on Saturday
You seem to not care about me sitting in the front row and watching them walk in. They weren’t allowed in by someone from Naz, they walked out there and were allowed in no questions asked. There were non Naz students out there, Boom guys on both sides. Please stop spreading this info because just like most of the reporters you don’t know the story. Could Naz have policed sideline and removed people? Yes. Should they have? Maybe. However no one from Naz was behind letting them in.

You seem to not care about me sitting in the front row and watching them walk in. They weren’t allowed in by someone from Naz, they walked out there and were allowed in no questions asked. There were non Naz students out there, Boom guys on both sides. Please stop spreading this info because just like most of the reporters you don’t know the story. Could Naz have policed sideline and removed people? Yes. Should they have? Maybe. However no one from Naz was behind letting them in.

You don’t get it and it’s not worth it. I stand behind what I said. Good luck Saturday.

Reactions: Schwab54
Nazareth Student Section full of black and white stripes on Saturday...my oh my ?!

Now how long til that is weaved into the #fakeNewsNarritive

Honest question. How far does a teams responsibility to police the sidelines go? All the way to the goal post so that each team has a 50/50 split of the field? Through the end of the end zone?

I always had the impression you basically controlled the spots between the 25 or 30s and the rest of the immediate sideline was for press and such, but basically for the stadium security to monitor and enforce.

I’m going to blindly ignore the first three pages of this thread, not know the situation, avoid any investigation into the matter, and confidentally blame this whole thing on Millenials.
Is it just me or is it starting to small like a trash fire in here?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT