ADVERTISEMENT

Sherman Howard

LTHSALUM76

Aug 27, 2014
The following article was in the Sun Times last week. I wasn't going to post it, but I really have to pay tribute.

Sherman Howard was one hell of a man. I was able to see him on some occasions. He was a brother-in-law to one of my oldest and dearest friends. I have known my friend for 50 years. Mr. Howard had Bears season tickets for decades. The friend I know, was able to get tickets on occasion.

Through my friend, I was able to get tickets as well starting in the mid 1980s. The seats were around the three yard line near the north end zone. I was able to see some very good games because of Sherman Howard. Mike Singletary's last home game was one of them.

I think Mr. Sherman finally gave the tickets up about 10-15 years ago. My friend's mother died a couple months ago. When I went to the service I learned Mr Sherman was very ill at the time. I hadn't seen him in years.

All I can say is, Mr. Sherman was an outstanding human being. Please read the attached article when you get the chance.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/1...l-player-chicago-harlan-high-school-coach-nfl

The following article was in the Sun Times last week. I wasn't going to post it, but I really have to pay tribute.

Sherman Howard was one hell of a man. I was able to see him on some occasions. He was a brother-in-law to one of my oldest and dearest friends. I have known my friend for 50 years. Mr. Howard had Bears season tickets for decades. The friend I know, was able to get tickets on occasion.

Through my friend, I was able to get tickets as well starting in the mid 1980s. The seats were around the three yard line near the north end zone. I was able to see some very good games because of Sherman Howard. Mike Singletary's last home game was one of them.

I think Mr. Sherman finally gave the tickets up about 10-15 years ago. My friend's mother died a couple months ago. When I went to the service I learned Mr Sherman was very ill at the time. I hadn't seen him in years.

All I can say is, Mr. Sherman was an outstanding human being. Please read the attached article when you get the chance.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/1...l-player-chicago-harlan-high-school-coach-nfl

Nice story. He sounded like a great man!
May he Rest In Peace.
Thanks for sharing.

ADVERTISEMENT