ADVERTISEMENT

Rudy, the Forrest Gump of JCA

For some reason that guy gave a pep talk to our team before a playoff game this season.
Are you talking Rudy (or) Rudy's brother Francis the Weight Training Coach?

What team? Sorry I am getting a little old, but posters that I don't know real well (and) don't have a clue in their site name, well I can't keep it straight which team is 'our team'.

Are you talking Rudy (or) Rudy's brother Francis the Weight Training Coach?

What team? Sorry I am getting a little old, but posters that I don't know real well (and) don't have a clue in their site name, well I can't keep it straight which team is 'our team'.
The Brother and the school was Oswego. Still not sure what his relationship to the program is.

The Brother and the school was Oswego. Still not sure what his relationship to the program is.

I think some of the Oswego kids work out at Rudy's gym. The Huginan kids dad is a JC alum and has a relationship with Rudy. Maybe thats where the connection is?

I think some of the Oswego kids work out at Rudy's gym. The Huginan kids dad is a JC alum and has a relationship with Rudy. Maybe thats where the connection is?
That absolutely has to be the connection, the older Hugunin (brother) is the strength and conditioning coach as well as the DC.

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
Disclaimer: This is my understanding but not necessarily complete and accurate.

Although JCA considers Coach Ruettiger (Francis) the JCA weight lifting coach, I believe he's just a weight lifting coach who uses his Gym (Rudy's) to help any young man from any school who seeks out his help and training at Rudy's Gym. And I think he has close ties to many area schools through his training.

I am not at all surprised that any program would invite him to give an inspirational speech. He is simply that kind of guy.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT