ADVERTISEMENT

Rodewald AD?

Also, and again, not that I know anything about this, but there will be some inevitable grumblings from teachers with Type 75s being passed over for someone with no teaching experience.

Also, there will be some who only went through the 75 program for the bump in pay - I swear that I don’t have personal experience in this - who will stoke those flames just for their own amusement.

PS: Eighty-Three
I will be taking my test in the coming weeks to get the Type 75 or the Administrative License (it's changed I think). I certainly expect politics and grumblings, 20 years of working in newsrooms with people jostling for positions prepares you for that sort of thing.

So I've been digging around...Deerfield is apparently WIDE open. The incumbent interim is not the favorite. Anyone with thoughts on this AD job?

Anyone have any other leads? Send them my way.

So I've been digging around...Deerfield is apparently WIDE open. The incumbent interim is not the favorite. Anyone with thoughts on this AD job?

Anyone have any other leads? Send them my way.
I heard the internal candidate doesn't have the required certification yet. Looks like they will hire another bridge AD until he gets his credentials. Most likely another couple of part time retired AD will share until the assistant is certified.

I will be taking my test in the coming weeks to get the Type 75 or the Administrative License (it's changed I think). I certainly expect politics and grumblings, 20 years of working in newsrooms with people jostling for positions prepares you for that sort of thing.

What are you certified to teach?

Willows Academy is open, they plan to hire a female AD. MS jobs in Sandwich and Sterling. It's a lot quieter than I expected compared to this time a year ago.

Maine East just announced they are looking for AD.

I have inquired and have had a very good conversation about the position.

Tell me why football has failed there, other than what I probably already know.

Part is there is an area that is MS and ME option and they have a part that is ME and MW option, if the kid has any interest in football they go to the other school

In the years when MS has played them they always seemed to have 3-5 really good football players. But as you know you need more than that to be successful. I would love to see them do well!

Reactions: Schwab54
So it's been a year, I'm back in town. Moved back in the summer. I left TV (for now) and I finished a double master's in education. I had one offer with a small school. I declined, but they were great!! Looking for opportunities and looking to see who's going to retire, step down, etc as we pass through the portal of COVID.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I wish it was with a few state titles on the line.

I would consider turning down an AD position at any school to be a mistake if that's the path you intend to pursue.
Experience is the best teacher.

All the AD’s I know (well all 3) took this path and worked out very well for them. You gotta start somewhere.

So it's been a year, I'm back in town. Moved back in the summer. I left TV (for now) and I finished a double master's in education. I had one offer with a small school. I declined, but they were great!! Looking for opportunities and looking to see who's going to retire, step down, etc as we pass through the portal of COVID.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I wish it was with a few state titles on the line.
OPRF is posted. Large school with an extensive athletic program.

I just don't see OPRF, the Maine Twp's, the Palatines or any for the northern burbs hiring an AD w/o any experience. These schools are destinations, not training grounds.
He’d be better off going to a smaller private school. No public school will hire with zero experience in the classroom or in administration.

Reactions: GhostOfTheGhhost
I just don't see OPRF, the Maine Twp's, the Palatines or any of the northern burbs hiring an AD w/o any experience. These schools are destinations, not training grounds.

They will hire without experience. Though it will be someone within the district already in administration.

Reactions: johnndoe
It sounds like he feels like he has earned the right or privilege to start at a tier 1 school. Good luck to him.

Thinking about it, I get the sense a "circle the wagons" mentality could exist during these unusual times when it comes to administrative hires. A tendency to choose inside before outside when at all possible with other things being basically equal?

ADVERTISEMENT