ADVERTISEMENT

Rita's Schedule for Next Year?

Richards and SR had one common opponent in 2017 - PC. Richards lost 34-12. SR lost to PC 28-21 after giving up the go ahead TD with one minute left. While SR has a good core of Jr.’s coming back graduation hurt. Jake Zylman and rest of the Senior leadership will be missed. The sophomores had a great season and will have to step into the mix right away. I don’t know much about Richards and how much they have coming back. Richards fans want to chime in?

Week one? Anyone have any insight?

Richards and SR had one common opponent in 2017 - PC. Richards lost 34-12. SR lost to PC 28-21 after giving up the go ahead TD with one minute left. While SR has a good core of Jr.’s coming back graduation hurt. Jake Zylman and rest of the Senior leadership will be missed. The sophomores had a great season and will have to step into the mix right away. I don’t know much about Richards and how much they have coming back. Richards fans want to chime in?

Week one? Anyone have any insight?

Tom,

Do you know who Rita's crossovers' are?

I'd love to see Marist v Rita @ Soldier Field after the Benet v Laurence game. Would be great game and huge crowd.

Richards QB Castro and RB Flowers are going to be extremely productive for the Bulldogs next season.

Sorry I don't. They had STL and BMac the last two years so it won't be them; could be Iggy DLS or Fenwick.

The Richards-SR matchup, I believe, will be for two years. I guess we'll find out soon enough. Just wondering who will be playing SR in Week 1. With Richards in Week 2, I'd be happy with a "tomato can."

1978 State Semifinals Mustangs 28 Bulldogs 0

From The Chicago Tribune: The first Chicago team to win a football state championship outscored its opponents 399-58, including 113-21 in the playoffs. LB Mark Zavagnin played at Notre Dame, and QB Mark Strimel played at Purdue. Ranked No. 1 all year, they beat No. 2 St. Laurence 14-6 in front of 23,000 at Soldier Field. Strimel threw and ran for a TD in the state final.

Chicago (St. Rita) 22, @Villa Park (Willowbrook) 0
@Chicago (St. Rita) 48, East St. Louis (Sr.) 12
@Chicago (St. Rita) 28, Oak Lawn (Richards) 0
Chicago (St. Rita) 15, Buffalo Grove 9

I was at every game that year. If I remember right the ESL game was at Gatley. ESL had four guys on the field that finished 3rd in the state relay the previous year on the field. St. Rita's Defense was special that year.

Last edited:
Reads good to me. On youtube, I caught some of the SR/Lane Tech game in '77 game. Players looked older than now.
Good game only 23,000 in attendance. By that time the IHSA tourney had taken it's toll. In 1970 Rita beat Lane 12-8 in front of 65,735. Back then Lane and CVS always had a quality product on the field.

I was a little guy but at the 78 Rita/Richards game.My Uncle Kenny & Aunt Charlene had kids(my cousins) at Richards.He hated Reavis(ended up stop talking to my dad over the inability of Richards to beat Reavis at the time) and I remember them saying we are going to ride the Mustangs.Evergreen Park maybe(not in 77 lol) but not on this day

Btw Richards is proving tough as they open 2018 vs Lincoln Way!!! Not Lane Tech.They open vs the Almighty Argo Argonauts if they can find a coach & get enough kids out

Btw Richards is proving tough as they open 2018 vs Lincoln Way!!! Not Lane Tech.They open vs the Almighty Argo Argonauts if they can find a coach & get enough kids out
I think the Lane/Taft comment was a shot at MC which opened this year with them. MC has Maine South week two next year. Without a SR/MC game next year it feels like a generic schedule.

ADVERTISEMENT