ADVERTISEMENT

Regional Finals 5/25 2019

Kevin JCHS 81

Jul 16, 2005
If any of you posters hear any scores from the Regional Finals, can you post them here?

Also, if you hear of any games delayed, rained out or cancelled could you post those as well?

It looks like the 3A games are scheduled to start around 11:00 this morning.

I know three games have been moved to Triton

Maine West - OPRF
BG- Fremd
GBS - Notre Dame

Lake zurich - Lake forest moves to Vernon Hills

Warren - Viator start time Noon

Looks like a site change has been announced for the Ottawa Sectional games. Ottawa fields are under water. Wednesday games will be played at Ozinga Field (formerly Standard Bank Stadium) in Crestwood. Sectional final on Saturday will be played at St. Laurence.

Warren won 4 to 3 over Viator in 8. Warren's 7 hitter was done 1-2 with two outs and hit a walkoff bomb to center.

Reactions: USD24
Looks like a site change has been announced for the Ottawa Sectional games. Ottawa fields are under water. Wednesday games will be played at Ozinga Field (formerly Standard Bank Stadium) in Crestwood. Sectional final on Saturday will be played at St. Laurence.

Is it fair to say that if St. Laurence and Joliet Catholic reach the Sectional Final, it would be the de facto 3A title game or are there downstate schools to watch as well. I don't say that out of arrogance, but all I've heard this spring is how good both STL and JCA are in 3A. I haven't heard a lot about any other 3A schools either up here or downstate that have been talked about as state title contenders.

The Lockport Sectional has been very interesting and surprising so far. Four teams left - Providence, Stagg, Sandburg and Marist. Should be interesting.

I was surprised to see Coal City eliminated. Any comments on that?

As for 3A, I’m sure there are contenders elsewhere in the state but I believe the state championship game will be between StL and JCA, which is no surprise to me.

Is it fair to say that if St. Laurence and Joliet Catholic reach the Sectional Final, it would be the de facto 3A title game or are there downstate schools to watch as well. I don't say that out of arrogance, but all I've heard this spring is how good both STL and JCA are in 3A. I haven't heard a lot about any other 3A schools either up here or downstate that have been talked about as state title contenders.
Normal University...currently ranked 15th overall in the state by PBR
Prairie Ridge....16th
De La Salle....19th
Mascoutah...20th
Rochester....21st

Some others of note: Morris (25-8)....just took out Coal City. Tinley Park (26-6), who I believe has their #1 lined up to face JCA on Wednesday. Carmel is still alive. Saw them play JCA earlier in the year....good team who could go on a run. As we've stated many times in these baseball threads, on any given day (with pitching such a key) anyone still alive at this point can beat an alleged favorite.

All that being said, I see Laurence as the clear favorite....even more so now that they get the sectional final on their home field, if they get there.

The Lockport Sectional has been very interesting and surprising so far. Four teams left - Providence, Stagg, Sandburg and Marist. Should be interesting.
This has been an intriguing sectional. Marist is the only top 4 seed still alive. They seem to have gotten hot at the right time.

It will be amazing if we get many of the Sectional semifinals in on Wednesday after this crappy weather.

St Laurence just might be the only one being that it is on turf.

St Laurence just might be the only one being that it is on turf.
I am wondering if they move the Sat final to Crestwood also since turf. I looked the TBolts play at 6 pm Sat night so 11 am is possible I would think.

I am wondering if they move the Sat final to Crestwood also since turf. I looked the TBolts play at 6 pm Sat night so 11 am is possible I would think.
Laurence will NOT give up that home game. Frankly, the fact they got it amazed me. I'm sure there is a team of Vikings out there working on that field around the clock. They have hosted regionals almost every year lately and had sectionals at home last year. This is the year they circled as it coincides with the drop to 3A, and the escape from that yearly 4A sectional deathmatch, and nothing will get in the way of that game being played in Burbank. I'm surprised JCA, Tinley or Morris didnt put up a fight to them being awarded the sectional at this stage of the game.

Laurence will NOT give up that home game. Frankly, the fact they got it amazed me. I'm sure there is a team of Vikings out there working on that field around the clock. They have hosted regionals almost every year lately and had sectionals at home last year. This is the year they circled as it coincides with the drop to 3A, and the escape from that yearly 4A sectional deathmatch, and nothing will get in the way of that game being played in Burbank. I'm surprised JCA, Tinley or Morris didnt put up a fight to them being awarded the sectional at this stage of the game.
I was surprised as well

IHSA score zone lists the STL and JCA games today at Ozinga Field in Crestwood. Is that correct?

I heard JCA was looking to take it over

That is correct. I don't know what the criteria was for STL getting the sectional. Both JC and Stl were 1 seeds. At the Regional championship game at JCA, a few JCA coaches indicated that they felt they had a good chance to host the sectional.

That is correct. I don't know what the criteria was for STL getting the sectional. Both JC and Stl were 1 seeds. At the Regional championship game at JCA, a few JCA coaches indicated that they felt they had a good chance to host the sectional.
Sectionals are awarded to schools far in advance of seeding.

I am wondering if STL mentioned they could get Ozinga, That could have been the deciding factor .

Today's St. Rita Sectional Semi-Final between the Mustangs and Mt. Carmel has been cancelled due to wet field conditions. The game will be played tomorrow at Ozinga Field 2:30pm followed by Nazareth vs Brother Rice also at Ozinga. #SRBaseball

Anybody heard any updates from JCA or St Laurence games? IHSA site shows nothing for score or delay(s).

I also heard that Saturday's Sectional Final StL vs JCA will be at Ozinga Field in Crestwood, even though IHSA still shows StL for location.

I also heard that Saturday's Sectional Final StL vs JCA will be at Ozinga Field in Crestwood, even though IHSA still shows StL for location.
At the end of the game, they announced that the game will be played at Stl.

At the end of the game, they announced that the game will be played at Stl.
With more rain today, I really hope they move it. These are the 2 best teams , would love to see this at a neutral field in Crestwood.

With the condition of St Rita's field I could see them moving Saturdays final to Ozinga also

StL won 15-2. JC was down 5-1 in 6th won 6-5

The Tinley/JC was a great game. I was really impressed with the TInley pitcher. Was dominant for first five innings. JCA gave up 5 in the bottom of the 5th to fall behind 5-1. They way the kid for Tinley was throwing, I was very concerned. Hilltoppers put together a 5 run 6th, scoring 4 after 2 outs. Two of the runs came on wild pitches. Junior Zack Hize pitched the 6th and 7th and was dominant to hold the win. A real good high school game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT