ADVERTISEMENT

Records at this Point?

Rice is hot. 18 in a row. Only concern there is u still wanna be hot at the end like PC has been last 2 years. I will see a little of JC @ Marist 2day with Fellows going.

Rice is hot. 18 in a row. Only concern there is u still wanna be hot at the end like PC has been last 2 years. I will see a little of JC @ Marist 2day with Fellows going.
Yes, they are hot! They defeated Rita 6 - 2 at Rita. I think the rematch is today at BR. I have BR winning the St. Rita Sectional. Wished BR would've stayed more south.

I had planned to go to Marist 2day to see Drake "BG" Fellows. Unfortunately that's at JC now. Hence I will catch end of Mustang at Wojo

No rest for the weary WSF gets Rice again today. I saw Rita at Rice yesterday (got there 4th inn) -never saw Rita hit 1 ball hard made a ton of mistakes.

No rest for the weary WSF gets Rice again today. I saw Rita at Rice yesterday (got there 4th inn) -never saw Rita hit 1 ball hard made a ton of mistakes.
Congrats on MC's victory the other day. Looks like MC's pitching hurt them today, just couldn't hold the lead. Good comeback for Rita, whose offense has been struggling the last 3 or 4 games.

Will Rice ever lose again? Swept PC, SR
Held PC to three hits in each game. The PC coach was not happy with the first loss at home, per some of his comments to the local paper. Impressive of Rice to shut down PC's experienced lineup two games in a row. In the second game, Rice's pitcher, Kutt, struck out 14.

Maybe the Caravan will stop the streak? It's obvious BR will have that #1 seed in the Rita Sectional with MC/SR/Naz possibly filling out the next 3. Is there a CCL standings website or whatever?
looking for that site as well....

looking for that site as well....
Found the latest Rita victory against the Rambler on Twitter. Was hoping the "CCL Website" would have had the updates. LOL. 15 - 7 was the final score, Rita down late and the bats just exploded; hopefully, a good sign for the future. Rita is 20 - 6 (11 - 5 in CCL) and fighting for that #2 seed in their own sectional against Larry Caravan and LT Roadrunner!

Found the latest Rita victory against the Rambler on Twitter. Was hoping the "CCL Website" would have had the updates. LOL. 15 - 7 was the final score, Rita down late and the bats just exploded; hopefully, a good sign for the future. Rita is 20 - 6 (11 - 5 in CCL) and fighting for that #2 seed in their own sectional against Larry Caravan and LT Roadrunner!

I don't see Naz getting the #2 seed. They have struggled lately and were 7-7 in conference heading into the weekend.

Reactions: illini14
I don't see Naz getting the #2 seed. They have struggled lately and were 7-7 in conference heading into the weekend.
NAZ looked OK against a down Benet squad a couple weeks back. Could have a pretty rude awakening in 4A.

Sectional seeds, selection tomorrow, maybe STL/MC flip flop but rest is pretty solid;

#1 BR 24-2
#2 STL 22-4
#3 MC 20-4
#4 STR 20-6
#5 NAZ 17-8

Success Factor certainly will accomplish its goal(s) with Naz and Francis this playoff season in baseball. both teams would go far in 3A

Sectional seeding update (assumptions).....

#1 BR 25-2 (beat MA 1-0)
#2 STL 23-4 (beat WSF 10-8)
#3 MC 20-5 (lost PC 5-1)
#4 STR 20-6 (ppd losing 6-4 LA)
#5 NAZ 17-8 (can't find update, don't think it matters)

Maybe MC/STR flip-flop 3-4 seeds? They split season series, so MC gets nod in my book. Obviously BR is the solid 1 seed, STL is the solid 2, & NAZ is the solid 5. Tomorrow @ 4pm IHSA will post seeds & regional assignments

Sectional seeding update (assumptions).....

#1 BR 25-2 (beat MA 1-0)
#2 STL 23-4 (beat WSF 10-8)
#3 MC 20-5 (lost PC 5-1)
#4 STR 20-6 (ppd losing 6-4 LA)
#5 NAZ 17-8 (can't find update, don't think it matters)

Maybe MC/STR flip-flop 3-4 seeds? They split season series, so MC gets nod in my book. Obviously BR is the solid 1 seed, STL is the solid 2, & NAZ is the solid 5. Tomorrow @ 4pm IHSA will post seeds & regional assignments
Nice job! I think this is how the top 5 seeds should play out. SR/NAZ would be nice to see with BR around the corner. Overall, I still think BR wins the Rita Sectional.

Agreed BR is fav in the sectional as of right now, however, there are plenty of tough games ahead for the Crusaders prior to the state playoffs. STL (Wed & Thurs), MC (Sat & Mon), and then a 3rd tilt versus MC next Thurs in the Bajenski tournament. Not to mention, there are plenty of other quality programs in that tourney.

In the CCL Blue currently, BR (17-0) only leads STL (16-1) & MC (14-3) by 1 and 3 respectively. The conference crown might come down to the final series versus the Caravan?

With Stl v BR W/R it now makes sense why StL yanked Burnette early Sat with the lead. Not sure what the pitching matchups will be but MC might be lucky and miss Kutt altogether. Cant imagine Rice doesn't lose here this week w 5 games v StL MC.

JCA a #5 seed in the 10-team Sub-Sectional A of the LWW Sectional. Can't recall a seeding so low for the Hilltoppers, but it is accurate, IMO.

http://www.ihsa.org/SportsActivitie...nformationResults.aspx?url=/data/ba/3seed.htm
My guess would be 2007, when JCA finished 17-19. In both 2010 & 2013, they entered the state playoffs with 14 losses and ended up finishing 4th and 1st in state in those years.

I really think anything can happen with JCA this year. I have seen a majority of their games and there are days when they can beat anybody, as witnessed by wins over LWN and BR. However, there are other days where it looks like they cant beat anyone. I believe a first round loss is possible, but if the pitching matchups fall right, they could make a deep run.

3A is nothing like trying to navigate 4A

My guess would be 2007, when JCA finished 17-19. In both 2010 & 2013, they entered the state playoffs with 14 losses and ended up finishing 4th and 1st in state in those years.

I really think anything can happen with JCA this year. I have seen a majority of their games and there are days when they can beat anybody, as witnessed by wins over LWN and BR. However, there are other days where it looks like they cant beat anyone. I believe a first round loss is possible, but if the pitching matchups fall right, they could make a deep run.

3A is nothing like trying to navigate 4A
I've seen a number of their games. I know not as many as you. Pitching depth is more of an issue than what seemed to be expected. It was expected they would struggle to score runs.

JC could beat a high level D1 team with Fellows. Going to have to win without him though.

JC could beat a high level D1 team with Fellows. Going to have to win without him though.
Right. Ironically, if they make it to the Final Four, they will be bumped up to 4A next year. If they don't make it, the slate will be wiped clean, since they did not make the Final Four in 2014 and 2015 (need two final four appearances in a 4-year stretch to be success factored up in baseball).

Success Factor certainly will accomplish its goal(s) with Naz and Francis this playoff season in baseball. both teams would go far in 3A

St. Francis could go far in 4a. The big dog in their sectional, St. Charles North, lost their big lefty pitcher to Tommy John. He was committed to South Carolina. Now the North Stars are down to 3 D1 commits and two possible.

Rita is now 24 - 7, 15 - 6 with a sweep of Burbank Larry! It's onto Stevie's Way tournament. Seeds already in place, so SR on collision course with #1 seed BR. Must first get by Nazareth in the 4 vs. 5 matchup in La Grange Park.

Naz has really dropped off. They are now 19-11 and 7-9 in the ESCC. Any insight from the Naz guys. When I watched them play earlier in the year, I liked them. It seems like they have gone into a tailspin.

Naz has really dropped off. They are now 19-11 and 7-9 in the ESCC. Any insight from the Naz guys. When I watched them play earlier in the year, I liked them. It seems like they have gone into a tailspin.
I saw Naz play at JCA and was impressed with their team as well. I have not seen Marian Catholic, but they might be the hottest ESCC team heading into the playoffs. They could make some noise in the state tournament.

If MC couldn't beat Rice when they committed 8 errors, probly not happening this year.

It looks like it should be Plainfield N waiting for that Sectional winner. BR would have Kutt go on that Wed vs Rita probably so he would have 3 days rest looking at a Monday Super Sectional. *Assuming they win on a Sat nothing is a given in single elim 7 inning games.

It looks like it should be Plainfield N waiting for that Sectional winner. BR would have Kutt go on that Wed vs Rita probably so he would have 3 days rest looking at a Monday Super Sectional. *Assuming they win on a Sat nothing is a given in single elim 7 inning games.
Congrats to the Mustangs on winning the "Do It Stevie's Way" tournament! A lot of very good teams played in that tournament. Even though the Mustangs lost to OPRF in Round Two, they were able to beat them in the championship game. Rice and BR played in Round Two, right? Who won? Surprised BR lost a game. Doesn't really matter, since Mustang/Crusader are on a collision course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT