ADVERTISEMENT

Raby Kick to Morris Going Viral

Nothing surprises me on that turf. You have to pay attention to where you throw a flag, it just might bounce 5 yards or more. Not good when it's a spot foul.

Pretty regular occurrence at the wind tunnel known as Hanson (not to this extent of course). When it's wet or ice/snow covered there, anything can happen.

Everyone seems to talk about how dangerous the field is.So why isn't it being fixed? I haven't heard of any serious injuries on it btw so it can't be that bad

Everyone seems to talk about how dangerous the field is.So why isn't it being fixed? I haven't heard of any serious injuries on it btw so it can't be that bad

You haven't looked very hard....it seems like they have at least 2-3 major injuries a year on that stuff. Also why won't they fix it? Really? Maybe $$$$$$$$$$$$$$? Just a hunch...

CPS would have to care about football to fix it.
Its a park district facility. CPS isnt going to put money into it and the park district is all about the $$$$ unless theres enough political pressure.

I reffed LAX there last year. It’s traditional AstroTurf, but it’s not as hard as the field I played on back in the day. I was shocked at how soft and bouncy it was. Softer than a field turf field. However, field turf has a little bit more length to it, like very short grass... Hanson’s surface was as smooth as a pool table. No surprise that ball rolled forever.

ADVERTISEMENT