Private School Baseball and the IHSA

HRCJR

Jun 30, 2014
Half of the baseball semifinalists are from private schools:

1A - 3 of 4
2A - 2 of 4
3A - 2 of 4
4A - 1 of 4

Private schools need to use wood bats next year?

Rita beat a very good Fremd team. Feel bad for the Fremd kids (live next door to the school), but I gotta root for my CCL brethren.

Reactions: Gene K.
The CCL is very well represented in the state HS baseball finals. Do they have multipliers for baseball? Asking for a friend.

there has to be a baseball/softball multiplier or success factor basis in there somewhere. Below are IHSA softball/baseball classifications

1A: up to 279.00
2A: 279.01 to 564.30
3A: 564.31 to 1462.00
4A: 1462.01 and over

Providence was 4A for both softball and baseball this past year. Enrollment is around 850ish which squarely puts them in 3A based on bodies.

The softball team had 2 final four appearances in the recent past which pushed them up to 4A. Baseball had three state titles and one 2nd place in last 9 years which has kept them up in 4A. I hear rumblings that Providence may be 3A classified in baseball next year.

there has to be a baseball/softball multiplier or success factor basis in there somewhere. Below are IHSA softball/baseball classifications

1A: up to 279.00
2A: 279.01 to 564.30
3A: 564.31 to 1462.00
4A: 1462.01 and over

Providence was 4A for both softball and baseball this past year. Enrollment is around 850ish which squarely puts them in 3A based on bodies.

The softball team had 2 final four appearances in the recent past which pushed them up to 4A. Baseball had three state titles and one 2nd place in last 9 years which has kept them up in 4A. I hear rumblings that Providence may be 3A classified in baseball next year.[/QUOTE

Yes it's a good year for some private school teams but moving forward I think it will be harder to maintain success unless a lot of these teams drop in class like St Laurence. The cost of tuition is very high and as as been discussed on another thread, parents now know the kids are getting their college offers from their travel teams, not their school team.

ADVERTISEMENT