ADVERTISEMENT

Preps 312 Podcasts

Brian is joined by Lake County Newt, Jeff Newton, formerly, kinda, of the Daily Herald, as he helps Brian fill out his 8A bracket for the EdgyTim bracket challenge.

Who do they pick from round 1 all the way to DeKalb? Take a listen at this surprise podcast!

We figured you would disagree. :p
Don't know what to expect from the offense, but the D held SCN to its lowest point total and really would have been 13 points (1 TD and 2 FGs) had a punt snap not gone over the punter and knocked 30 yards back to the 2. And held LWE to 18 with 6 coming on that 4th and 15 play with 2 mins from 75 out.

Outside of 1 half against H-F and Bradley for some reason they've been stellar.

I'm envisioning a good one. This is probably on paper one of the more intriguing games.

Great show as always BBB! Love that you do this and hope it continues for years to come.

New Lake County Sports Talk. Jon and Joe talk Andy Bitto stepping down before getting into playoffs.

It's a Special 2 for Tuesday on Preps312 Network. First, your new EDGYcation for the Quarterfinals...

A new Catholic League Corner as Matt is joined by Mike Clark to talk the match ups for Loyola, Provi, Rita, Mt Carmel, and St Laurence.

Big new Catholic League Corner. Matt talks with Mark Coglianese from Providence and Mike Lowe from WGN about Loyola Football.

Sorry Edgy, but your co-host was flat out awful on this last podcast. He says Edwardsville seems to go 8-1 or 9-0 and then gets knocked out first round over the last decade. Hmm, that’s happened once. They actually have more semi final and quarter final appearances than they do 1st round losses at 8-1 or 9-0. I didn’t even have to check the IHSA site to know that. I usually listen to the whole show but when all credibility is lost in the first 5 minutes I have to pass.

Reactions: playboymixx
Sorry Edgy, but your co-host was flat out awful on this last podcast. He says Edwardsville seems to go 8-1 or 9-0 and then gets knocked out first round over the last decade. Hmm, that’s happened once. They actually have more semi final and quarter final appearances than they do 1st round losses at 8-1 or 9-0. I didn’t even have to check the IHSA site to know that. I usually listen to the whole show but when all credibility is lost in the first 5 minutes I have to pass.

He really said that? And @EdgyTim didn'teven have the knowledge to correct him? Wow.

Haven’t they been to four quarters and two semis in the last 6 years? They haven’t even been knocked out by a team that hasn’t made at least the semis in that time span.

2 years ago, Edwardsville was 9-0, lost in first round to waubonsie Valley.

Year before that, 8-1, lost in second round.

Sorry you missed the point. Was giving them credit for rolling after losing first 3 of the season. Went over your head.

2 years ago, Edwardsville was 9-0, lost in first round to waubonsie Valley.

Year before that, 8-1, lost in second round.

Sorry you missed the point. Was giving them credit for rolling after losing first 3 of the season. Went over your head.

Yep got upset by a semifinal team and a state runner up. Calling that a trend of losing in the first or second round when those are the only two examples in six years is terrible analysis.

Last edited:
2006-07 (7A) 55 51 1-1 8-3 DNP Tim Dougherty
28 18 W St. Charles (East)
27 33 L East St. Louis (Sr.)
2009-10 (7A) 25 44 0-1 6-4 DNP Mark Bliss
25 44 L Minooka
2011-12 (7A) 27 48 0-1 5-5 DNP Matt Martin
27 48 L O'Fallon (H.S.)
2012-13 (7A) 80 65 2-1 10-2 DNP Matt Martin
49 7 W Pekin
21 18 W East St. Louis (Sr.)
10 40 L Frankfort (Lincoln-Way East)
2013-14 (7A) 129 76 3-1 12-1 DNP Matt Martin
59 28 W Tinley Park (Andrew)
42 0 W Bradley (B.-Bourbonnais)
21 14 W Frankfort (Lincoln-Way East)
7 34 L Chicago (Mt. Carmel)
2014-15 (8A) 63 56 1-1 9-2 DNP
28 14 W Belleville (East)
35 42 L Flossmoor (Homewood-F.)
2015-16 (8A) 17 20 0-1 9-1 DNP Matt Martin
17 20 L Aurora (Waubonsie Valley)
2016-17 (8A) 75 72 2-1 10-2 DNP Matt Martin
23 20 W Oak Park (O.P.-River Forest)
31 14 W Oswego (H.S.)
21 38 L Glen Ellyn (Glenbard West)

Reactions: Bowie50
Wait...when did they get the internet down in the 618?

Reactions: Bowie50
ADVERTISEMENT