ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions on your favorite school's spring season?

Odirty

Nov 11, 2014
Metro East
Eside will be a little young but skilled. Chemistry early on will set the tone for spring and fall

This is building up to be a letdown. The state needs to institute a playoff, like the NFL did in the strike-shortened '82 season. Let the season go into the summer. The players wouldn't mind. Teenagers have rubber limbs and fast recovery times. Hell, when I was that age, we played tackle without equipment, and no one ever got hurt.

This is building up to be a letdown. The state needs to institute a playoff, like the NFL did in the strike-shortened '82 season. Let the season go into the summer. The players wouldn't mind. Teenagers have rubber limbs and fast recovery times. Hell, when I was that age, we played tackle without equipment, and no one ever got hurt.

All..... "GET OFF MY LAWN!" Ratsy

• Haha
Reactions: epicbret
I agree with Blue Ruin that the season is going to be not great for followers of high school football in Illinois.
Obviously, the IHSA can't institute a playoff system as that would wipe out spring sports, which, of course, completely lost their season a. year ago. Football and other fall sports, in contrast, didn't lose anything last year.
I actually think it's going to be difficult to keep high school athletes on the various fields this spring. Many of the spring sports are supposed to go until June 19. Yet, in a five-minute online search, I found many high schools that are graduating seniors on May 19 and one (Mundelein) graduating May 23. And Warren has final exams listed as May 19-21 so you can pretty much figure on graduation following soon thereafter.
The question is, how many of these student-athletes are going to want to get into summer jobs for college money, or vacation before heading off to college. Or just the fact that playing sports for a high school team you no longer attend with no school excitement can possibly be kind of an empty feeling. Remember, in a normal. year, girls track ends in mid-May. with only the elite best-of-the-best advancing to state. In 2019, the girls sectionals were May 10-11, Boys track ends one week later except for the elite. Are the non-elite athletes going to want to continue competing when school is over? I don't know and will be interested in how this all plays out.

Reactions: Q5clan
"GET OFF MY LAWN!"

You are right, Ratsy. A nice, plush, green lawn seemed to cushion the falls. Some of the parks had green spots, but they were too far away. The neighbors didn't want us on their lawns, which they were so proud of. Fortunately, we found a mid-sized business in the area that had a beautiful, well-tended lawn just right for tackle football. Best of all, the business was closed on weekends, so we could play all day and never be chased away.

Last edited:
You are right, Ratsy. A nice, plush, green lawn seemed to cushion the falls. Some of the parks had green spots, but they were too far away. The neighbors didn't want us on their lawns, which they were so proud of. Fortunately, we found a mid-sized business in the area that had a beautiful, well-tended lawn just right for tackle football. Best of all, the business was closed on weekends, so we could play all day and never be chased away.

Grow up. There is more going on here than MCs seniors being undefeated in four years. Kids are playing football and they love. 6 and 0 or 0 and 6 they love it, grow up

Listen, Mr. Maturity, I think you're closer to the adolescent brain than I am. So let me spell it out for you. Some guys on here are high school football fans and love the sport in general. Some are here because they used to play themselves and now may even have sons who play. I can appreciate that. But I am here for one reason and one reason only. I am a fan of Mount Carmel football. That's it. I may have respect for other programs, but there is only one that has my mind, heart, and soul. When MC wins a state championship, it makes me euphoric for months. When they lose, it puts me into a state of depression. If you can't understand that, then I feel sorry for you and the school you graduated from.

Last edited:
Listen, Mr. Maturity, I think you're closer to the adolescent brain than I am. So let me spell it out for you. Some guys on here are high school football fans and love the sport in general. Some are here because they used to play and now have sons or even grandsons who play. I can appreciate that. But I am here for one reason and one reason only. I am a fan of Mount Carmel football. That's it. I may have respect for other programs, but there is only one I truly love. When MC wins a state championship, it makes me euphoric for months. When they lose, it puts me in a state of depression. If you can't understand that, then I feel sorry for you and the school you graduated from.
You just ratified my post.

I thought I bought your loyalty for St. Rita by painting a seat in the new visiting stands Scarlet, Gray and Navy blue. That’s it, I’m painting it aluminum tomorrow
Rock, what are your plans for next Friday night? I hope you get to see the game live! Good luck to your boys. They are going to be awesome this year! I’m looking forward to watching kaleb Brown, so I hope Rita has a good stream.

Last edited:
Reactions: RockSoup
Rock, what are your plans for next Friday night? I hope you get to see the game live! Good luck to your boys. They are going to be awesome this year! I’m looking forward to watching kaleb Brown, so I hope Rita has a good stream.
I’m going to wear a windbreaker that says “SECURITY” on the back and see if that works.

What schools have the best parking lots and fence lines to watch a game I nost likely cant get into.

@Bowie50

Working off my “SECURITY” windbreaker idea, let’s say a friend wears a windbreaker with “IDPH Compliance Task Force” screened on the back.

How many laws are being broke and what would your retainer fee be for said friend?

@Bowie50

Working off my “SECURITY” windbreaker idea, let’s say a friend wears a windbreaker with “IDPH Compliance Task Force” screened on the back.

How many laws are being broke and what would your retainer fee be for said friend?
Well, if we are talking about your “friend”. That person would receive my family and friend rate. 😉 However, as counsel, I would highly advise against such a stunt, but would be curious as to where one may obtain said windbreaker.

ADVERTISEMENT