ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: So who wins the 2017 Mid Suburban West?

So who wins the 2017 Mid Suburban West?

• Hoffman Estates

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • Conant

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Schaumburg

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Barrington

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Palatine

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • Fremd

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
So much upheaval it's hard to say. If Splitt had stayed at Palatine and Donatucci at Hoffman Estates I'd have said you'd probably have three 7-2 or 8-1 teams in Palatine, Barrington and Hoffman Estates and who beat who deciding who wins the conference.

I'm still gonna have to go with my Scarlet & Grey though. Palatine has won 5 of the last 6 years, so hard to bet against them. They have 5 returning starters with D-1 offers right now, along with a number of other strong starters/contributors from last year. The junior class was not as successful on the lower levels, but they do actually have a number of good individual players who will plug and play nicely this year at some key positions.

The wildcard is new coach, new coordinators, and how they plan/execute with what is a power packed team capable of getting as far as the last two years if everything falls into place.

Reactions: Bonesbahena
Looking at their schedule, I see them with at least 5 losses: LZ, MS, Barr., Pal. and Hoff Est.
I see them beating 3 out of those 5. Moreover, the thread is MSW, so LZ and MS aren't material.

I see them beating 3 out of those 5. Moreover, the thread is MSW, so LZ and MS aren't material.
Fair enough! That's why they play the games and you definitely should root for your school.

I was looking over the schedules right now, and I think it'll shake out this way:

Palatine 4-1
Hoffman Estates 4-1
Barrington 4-1
Fremd 2-3
Schaumburg 1-4
Conant 0-5

Fair enough! That's why they play the games and you definitely should root for your school.

I was looking over the schedules right now, and I think it'll shake out this way:

Palatine 4-1
Hoffman Estates 4-1
Barrington 4-1
Fremd 2-3
Schaumburg 1-4
Conant 0-5
I played for the Ramblers but live next to Fremd and grew up with Sponsel. He's a class act and has their program headed in the right direction. They also picked up one hell of a DC.

Last edited:
Very happy to see the Thr night game is going on this year. Week 6 that Thr I'll definitely either be at Barrington-Palatine or Hoffman at Saxon

Reactions: kpjasion
ADVERTISEMENT