ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Odds that we will play IHSA Football this spring?

Odds we will play IHSA football this spring?

• 100 percent

Votes: 13 6.9%
  • 90 percent

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • 80percent

Votes: 10 5.3%
  • 70 percent

Votes: 14 7.4%
  • 60 percent

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • 50 percent

Votes: 41 21.7%
  • Less than 50 percent

Votes: 96 50.8%

• Total voters
This is a much more complicated discussion for Loyola since those other sports specifically lax matter much more
And to be clear my comments are just bar stool talk, there has been no mention of not playing those sports, at least to my knowledge, at MC. I’m just thinking of what the school will realistically be able to handle in a three month period and if something had to get passed over those three sports came to mind. The school is in an urban setting, there is only so much room.

There is vaccine...two actually with a third on the way. We all know that. So if we can get through this Holiday surge, the numbers are going to steadily drop, and unlike the summer decline, their is less of a chance of a resurgence as the vaccine becomes more available....I really think it’s going to be less about the virus and more about the logistics......BUT this is what we were forced to accept months ago. We had no say, so it’s up to them to come through with a realistic plan and follow through. If it becomes impossible to do then at least go down trying not because you play too cautiously, we tried that in the fall and got burned.

Reactions: Golden Warrior
With all that has gone sideways with the college FB season despite enhanced protocol, I just can not see JB, IDPH or IHSA tripping over themselves to push IL HS FB in some 7 weeks. I would like to believe differently, but if we look at the poll results in this very thread, the majority remains doubtful as well. A wait-and-see attitude will be in place until at least mid-January (expected post-holiday surge, you know) and then just a month to jump 2 Tiers to allow the season? THAT would be a miracle.

There is vaccine...two actually with a third on the way. We all know that. So if we can get through this Holiday surge, the numbers are going to steadily drop, and unlike the summer decline, their is less of a chance of a resurgence as the vaccine becomes more available....I really think it’s going to be less about the virus and more about the logistics......BUT this is what we were forced to accept months ago. We had no say, so it’s up to them to come through with a realistic plan and follow through. If it becomes impossible to do then at least go down trying not because you play too cautiously, we tried that in the fall and got burned.

But if the new goalposts are full vacination or herd immunity, that just isn't going to happen. for the non high-risk group, less than 50% have indicated they would take the vaccine. I expect that to go down as more minor adverse events get reported.

ADVERTISEMENT