ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Bears

colin2229

Jul 23, 2005
I personally have been impressed w how this team stuck together through the shart show of those 6 mid-season loses. Nagy only gets hated on but needs some credit for never losing the team, giving up play calling duties and how Mitch played down the stretch.

lots to look forward to next week...
*improved QB play
*above average run game
*emergence of Kmet
*emergence of Mooney
*DL healthy and playing better

I think we have a decent shot at New Orleans next week.

Defensively it seemed like the Pack had wide open people nearly every play....like wide, wide open. Offensively a horrible call to pass on that 4th and short....they should have just ran it to Montgomery or kicked the FG to make it a 2 point game. Play calling has killed us all year.

Bears will be one and done and need to make some serious decisions on the make up of this team going forward.

Last edited:
I personally have been impressed w how this team stuck together through the shart show of those 6 mid-season loses. Nagy only gets hated on but needs some credit for never losing the team, giving up play calling duties and how Mitch played down the stretch.

lots to look forward to next week...
*improved QB play
*above average run game
*emergence of Kmet
*emergence of Mooney
*DL healthy and playing better

I think we have a decent shot at New Orleans next week.

Your delusional. I watched every game this season and if you think their going in the right direction then no one can help you. If anything tonight’s loss showed just how bad they are in comparison to even the Packers. They backed doored into the playoffs and you think they are moving in the right direction? Come on Man!

Reactions: stl705
Nagy only gets hated on but needs some credit for never losing the team, giving up play calling duties and how Mitch played down the stretch.
Here's my problem, the Bears struggles are due to Nagy not adjusting to his players. That's red flag number one. Red flag number two is his time management as a head coach. So what does he bring to the table? "Not losing his players?" Give me a break. Look at what Kyle Long has slowly released about his experience over time on twitter about Nagy, and that tells you all you need to know. With that being said, the true issue is with the front office. That will never be fixed barring a tragic circumstance.

I’m happy they made the playoffs but if it means nagy and pace are back I’d rather just save the 1 and out next week.

Reactions: kkhawk
Your delusional. I watched every game this season and if you think their going in the right direction then no one can help you. If anything tonight’s loss showed just how bad they are in comparison to even the Packers. They backed doored into the playoffs and you think they are moving in the right direction? Come on Man!

They went 3-1 to finish the season and the offense averaged over 30ppg. I’d say that’s going in the right direction.

Today was competitive and if they took advantage of a few opportunities that were there it was a winnable game.

They are in the playoffs and are playing good football. They have a chance.

Here's my problem, the Bears struggles are due to Nagy not adjusting to his players. That's red flag number one. Red flag number two is his time management as a head coach. So what does he bring to the table? "Not losing his players?" Give me a break. Look at what Kyle Long has slowly released about his experience over time on twitter about Nagy, and that tells you all you need to know. With that being said, the true issue is with the front office. That will never be fixed barring a tragic circumstance.

not adjusting to his players? The current state of the bears offense is that they are getting the most out of their players and they are all thriving. Mooney,
Kmet, Robinson, Mitch, Montgomery are all put in positions to succeed right now.

so, how is he not adjusting to his players?

have no idea what Kyle long says on Twitter and could care less what he tweets away.

not adjusting to his players? The current state of the bears offense is that they are getting the most out of their players and they are all thriving. Mooney,
Kmet, Robinson, Mitch, Montgomery are all put in positions to succeed right now.

so, how is he not adjusting to his players?

have no idea what Kyle long says on Twitter and could care less what he tweets away.
Once they switched to Lazor, yes. That was how many games into the season? Lucky to get by. Why would you care what Long says? I would argue that he knows more about the game and the situation of the Bears than anyone on this board knows.

Reactions: corey90
Once they switched to Lazor, yes. That was how many games into the season? Lucky to get by. Why would you care what Long says? I would argue that he knows more about the game and the situation of the Bears than anyone on this board knows.
I agree with you. I like to hear what ex-players have to say regardless of what team they are talking about. Over the years I have enjoyed listening to Dan Hampton, Doug Buffone and Ed O'Bradovich talk Bears football. You're right. They know more about what's going on than all the fans.

I also like to hear Olin Kreutz. I heard him this morning and the guy is spot on about so many things concerning the Bears. He's been there and done that. Today he was talking about the three possible interceptions the Bears had the opportunity to get and failed to get. He specifically mentioned Eddie Jackson. He said, and I am paraphrasing, "Eddie Jackson is always coming up with these good quotes each week. Maybe he should stop making these good quotes and start making some interceptions and concentrate on making plays." Bingo! That's the stuff I want to hear coming from an ex-player.

Reactions: Gene K. and corey90
The Bears are a 500 team and they are playing like 500 team. They back door into the playoffs with another loss. I don’t see this team going anywhere and we still have Nagy and Mitch. We will be in the same situation next year if changes are not made. I would love to see Kmet do well but he is fumble away almost everytime he touches the ball. In yesterday’s game I told my wife he was going to fumble after watching his first two catches. He try’s so hard for extra yards he doesn’t take care of the ball. He has the talent but I am wondering if he can change to protect the ball. Mooney, Robinson and Montgomery are all bright spots in the Bears offense. Mitch is Mitch will never be considered great by any means. After watching Pittsburgh’s back up Rudolph I would trade him straight up. That guy is a gamer.

My point is, is that they have made some solid adjustments these past 4/5 weeks of season and have a team that is fun to watch now and a respectable product on the field. I get that it's impossible to look past the first 12 games of the season but the product they have put on the field for the the last quarter of the season has a chance to win a playoff game.

It's all about playing your best football at the right time. The bears are playing their best football heading into the playoffs. And you have to be impressed with that.

First 6 games = C- team (got some breaks to be 5-1)
Middle 6 games = F- (that was grossly embarrassing)
Last 4 games = B+ (kudos to writing the ship and finishing strong)

My point is, is that they have made some solid adjustments these past 4/5 weeks of season and have a team that is fun to watch now and a respectable product on the field. I get that it's impossible to look past the first 12 games of the season but the product they have put on the field for the the last quarter of the season has a chance to win a playoff game.

It's all about playing your best football at the right time. The bears are playing their best football heading into the playoffs. And you have to be impressed with that.

First 6 games = C- team (got some breaks to be 5-1)
Middle 6 games = F- (that was grossly embarrassing)
Last 4 games = B+ (kudos to writing the ship and finishing strong)

So in your analogy they get a D for the season. Listen I like seeing them get a chance but to me it’s fools gold. The wins at the end of the season were weak teams. They have a chance to prove themselves in yesterday’s game with a team above 500 and they get blown out at home.
I hate to say it but Brees is going to pick the Bears apart. Bears getting into the playoffs is actually going to be more torture as I see it.

Sure, D for the season but playing B+ football heading into the playoffs. That's my ONLY point.

All that matters is who's playing well at the right time of year.

I don't consider yesterday's game a blowout by any means. It was 21-16 in the fourth and we were driving only to not convert a 4th and 1.

Bears had the ball for 9min longer.
Bears ran 30 more plays! (74 to 44)
Bears out rushed Pack by 29 yards
Bears had 40 more total yards
Bears had 1 penalty (Pack had 4)
Bears were 5/6 on 4th down

Unfortunately, Bears had 2 Turnovers that hurt & were 1/5 in the redzone while the Pack were 4/4. That's where the game was won/lost.

Bears had opportunities to have a shot late in the 4th but didn't take advantage of a couple INTS they could have had, didn't convert a big 4th down and didn't score enough points while in the redzone. Also, their TO's led to pack points.

They played a respectable game against arguably the best team in the NFL who's QB just completed the NFL's best QB rating in the history of the game (48tds/5ints/4300 yards).

I'm not saying we're super bowl champs, but at this current point of the season, this is a respectable football team.

Yes, Mitch throws 1 or 2 balls a game that we all scream at the TV but other than that, he is playing extremely well.

Time to give them some credit for righting the ship.

Sure, D for the season but playing B+ football heading into the playoffs. That's my ONLY point.

All that matters is who's playing well at the right time of year.

I don't consider yesterday's game a blowout by any means. It was 21-16 in the fourth and we were driving only to not convert a 4th and 1.

Bears had the ball for 9min longer.
Bears ran 30 more plays! (74 to 44)
Bears out rushed Pack by 29 yards
Bears had 40 more total yards
Bears had 1 penalty (Pack had 4)
Bears were 5/6 on 4th down

Unfortunately, Bears had 2 Turnovers that hurt & were 1/5 in the redzone while the Pack were 4/4. That's where the game was won/lost.

Bears had opportunities to have a shot late in the 4th but didn't take advantage of a couple INTS they could have had, didn't convert a big 4th down and didn't score enough points while in the redzone. Also, their TO's led to pack points.

They played a respectable game against arguably the best team in the NFL who's QB just completed the NFL's best QB rating in the history of the game (48tds/5ints/4300 yards).

I'm not saying we're super bowl champs, but at this current point of the season, this is a respectable football team.

Yes, Mitch throws 1 or 2 balls a game that we all scream at the TV but other than that, he is playing extremely well.

Time to give them some credit for righting the ship.

Although you make some valid points about the end of the season play but in the end they are not very good and a borderline 500 team. They are who we all thought they were. We got a glimmer of hope after playing some weak teams with some Ws. I never felt one time in this game that the Bears would win. I liked they scored first but they couldn’t score in the red zone and we all know you can’t beat Rogers unless you do everything right. You also can’t beat Rogers unless you hit him often. He was very comfortable the entire game. That’s a recipe on how to lose.
I don’t think the Packers are the best team in the league by any means. I think KC, Tennessee, Rams, Buffalo, Ravens, Saints and maybe the Colts could be better. I am not sure the Packers defense is as good as the Bears made them look.
iMO

Here is what I find VERY interesting. The NFL scheduled the Bears, Saints game for 3:40 PM Central time on Sunday. Why no game between the two teams on Saturday? Because if the game had been scheduled for Saturday Alvin Kamara wouldn't have been able to play for the saints due to COVID restrictions. Since the game is on Sunday instead, the restriction expires and he can play. Coincidence? I don't think so either.

Reactions: corey90
Here is what I find VERY interesting. The NFL scheduled the Bears, Saints game for 3:40 PM Central time on Sunday. Why no game between the two teams on Saturday? Because if the game had been scheduled for Saturday Alvin Kamara wouldn't have been able to play for the saints due to COVID restrictions. Since the game is on Sunday instead, the restriction expires and he can play. Coincidence? I don't think so either.

I was wondering the same thing. Do you think the Saints called? Lol 😂

• Haha
Reactions: LTHSALUM76
Although you make some valid points about the end of the season play but in the end they are not very good and a borderline 500 team. They are who we all thought they were. We got a glimmer of hope after playing some weak teams with some Ws. I never felt one time in this game that the Bears would win. I liked they scored first but they couldn’t score in the red zone and we all know you can’t beat Rogers unless you do everything right. You also can’t beat Rogers unless you hit him often. He was very comfortable the entire game. That’s a recipe on how to lose.
I don’t think the Packers are the best team in the league by any means. I think KC, Tennessee, Rams, Buffalo, Ravens, Saints and maybe the Colts could be better. I am not sure the Packers defense is as good as the Bears made them look.
iMO

In the end (which is the right here and now) they are a good team. Haven't heard a good refute to this yet. Sure, they sucked for 12 games but are playing good football now.

Their offense for the last 4 weeks has been top 10. Their rushing game has been top 5. We can say all we want about the comp being bad but it was bad in the middle of their 6 game losing streak and they almost literally could not move the ball forward.

Minnesota was a respectable team. GB was a respectable defense and they played well.

Bears played well and got beat by the Pack. Pack are simply on a different level and better than the Bears. Doesn't mean this current team at this current moment isn't a good football team.

KC and Bills are the only two teams in GB's ballpark at the moment.

In the end (which is the right here and now) they are a good team. Haven't heard a good refute to this yet. Sure, they sucked for 12 games but are playing good football now.

Their offense for the last 4 weeks has been top 10. Their rushing game has been top 5. We can say all we want about the comp being bad but it was bad in the middle of their 6 game losing streak and they almost literally could not move the ball forward.

Minnesota was a respectable team. GB was a respectable defense and they played well.

Bears played well and got beat by the Pack. Pack are simply on a different level and better than the Bears. Doesn't mean this current team at this current moment isn't a good football team.

KC and Bills are the only two teams in GB's ballpark at the moment.

You must be a PR guy for Nagy? Your sounding an awful lot like him. Sorry I am not drinking his cool aid anymore.
I can see Tennessee running all over GB. Saints passing all over them and they have a better defense. The Bills are the hottest team in the playoffs and KC well they have the best QB in the game. IMO I forgot about TB. Yeah they could cause GB fits also. Face it your a Bears fan true and true and your trying to make an argument using the Packers? Damn

You must be a PR guy for Nagy? Your sounding an awful lot like him. Sorry I am not drinking his cool aid anymore.
I can see Tennessee running all over GB. Saints passing all over them and they have a better defense. The Bills are the hottest team in the playoffs and KC well they have the best QB in the game. IMO I forgot about TB. Yeah they could cause GB fits also. Face it your a Bears fan true and true and your trying to make an argument using the Packers? Damn

make a good argument as to why they aren’t any good in the here and now.

With their recent history you think the league is going to do something special to help the Saints?
And Tampa will be missing leading tackler Devin White because their game is on Saturday and not Sunday.
So I guess the league likes New Orleans more than Tampa?

With their recent history you think the league is going to do something special to help the Saints?
And Tampa will be missing leading tackler Devin White because their game is on Saturday and not Sunday.
So I guess the league likes New Orleans more than Tampa?

I think it's more simple than that. Kamara is a bigger name than White. All about the money.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
If Roquan is able to go we have a chance. Otherwise we don’t have a defender that can match Kamara sideline to sideline and we can watch brees through <10 yards the entire game and beat us. Not as worried about cornerback depth this week as brees doesn’t go deep as much but Johnson and Skrine returning would still be nice. Just need to keep the plays in front of them and work to corral Kamara

We almost beat the saints with no running game and a revolving door of offensive linemen. I felt the score was deceptive last time as it really wasn’t that close. But I think if our offense plays well (30 points) then we stand a good chance to win this game.

My biggest issue is Pagano said he was going to throw the whole book at Green Bay. Pagano needs a new book. Some of those blitz designs were ugly and gave up huge mismatches that Rodgers exploited. I’ve been hoping he’d blitz more but if he is going to keep dropping lineman in coverage and lining up LBs on WRs. I’d rather he go back to his vanilla slow bleed defense

final point. I don’t care the bears limped into playoffs. They made playoffs. And they aren’t the worst team there (thanks NFC East). Playoff games are exciting and weird things can happen. So grab a beer and be happy in a year that we didn’t get to enjoy high school playoffs that the bears are playing an extra week. Depending which bears team shows up, maybe I’ll need something stronger than a beer

Reactions: colin2229
If Roquan is able to go we have a chance. Otherwise we don’t have a defender that can match Kamara sideline to sideline and we can watch brees through <10 yards the entire game and beat us. Not as worried about cornerback depth this week as brees doesn’t go deep as much but Johnson and Skrine returning would still be nice. Just need to keep the plays in front of them and work to corral Kamara

We almost beat the saints with no running game and a revolving door of offensive linemen. I felt the score was deceptive last time as it really wasn’t that close. But I think if our offense plays well (30 points) then we stand a good chance to win this game.

My biggest issue is Pagano said he was going to throw the whole book at Green Bay. Pagano needs a new book. Some of those blitz designs were ugly and gave up huge mismatches that Rodgers exploited. I’ve been hoping he’d blitz more but if he is going to keep dropping lineman in coverage and lining up LBs on WRs. I’d rather he go back to his vanilla slow bleed defense

final point. I don’t care the bears limped into playoffs. They made playoffs. And they aren’t the worst team there (thanks NFC East). Playoff games are exciting and weird things can happen. So grab a beer and be happy in a year that we didn’t get to enjoy high school playoffs that the bears are playing an extra week. Depending which bears team shows up, maybe I’ll need something stronger than a beer
Amen or Awomen :)

ADVERTISEMENT