ADVERTISEMENT

Plantz to replace Cogs

I suppose this is....good? I don't get this one.
Personally think this is a home run hire. He has been a part of a top 10 college program for the last 6 years. Has a ton of connections with college coaches and former teammates that I'm sure he will bring around the program for camps and so on. If you're going to bring a once top program back to life this is exactly what you need to do.

Providence. Come on man, even we hayseeds in McHenry County know that LOL.
I’m all honesty I only know because CG’s first title was against them and I don’t forget names. The average McHenry Countyite probably has no clue.

• Haha
Reactions: Gene K.
Maybe he will man up and try and put LW East back on the schedule! There is no reason Providence or JCA should not be playing LW East or at least trying to every year. What a game that would be for the Will county people!

Tyler Plantz.
Providence is not a very good football team this year. However, in a beleaguered 5A I expect them to make a fairly deep run and could even see them being 5A champions.

if they get that deep run coupled with what sounds like a decent current frosh class, then he could be entering with some momentum.

That said, he enters at a fairly difficult time for PC. Lockport majorly on the rise which will hurt homer glen recruiting. Sandburg getting McAllister will make the orland pipeline harder for them to hit if he ever gets that program righted. LWE is still East and JCA has bounced back from their few years of hibernation. Not to mention all the south side schools are trending upward as well.

will be curious to see how this plays out. I really have a hard time getting a handle on expectations on the Emerald Isle over the last decade or so, so I guess his success depends in large part on the expectations of the administration and, to a lesser extent, alumni base of the school.

This guy best bet is to leave the defensive side of the ball alone! They are ran to perfection like a grandfather clock!!!

the offense the same way!
PlantZ should just collect trophies!
Get the weight program up and running like he did at ND! The strength of all programs is the off-season lifting program!
JCA has Francis Ruettiger!
Bring back the lifting meet!
learn to compete! Watch the off season work outs of East! Everytging they do is competitive!

hold a draft for lifting groups like the Model does @ LWC. WAIT! Don’t doc that! Substance is more important than shaved arms and legs!

good hire? Not one that will return the alum of the 80’s and 90’s! Maybe it will get Miles Boykins to donate what steinburk did!!!

long gone are the days of PC in the same breath of MC, Rita, Loyola and Br rice???? Maybe!!
no one knows what the future holds!

the recruiting department better start doing Something!

word is the wrestling program doesn’t recruite- they market their program. Seems to be working for them!

maybe they should take a look at the band, cheer and dance teams! Their bringing home the hardware these days!

This guy best bet is to leave the defensive side of the ball alone! They are ran to perfection like a grandfather clock!!!

Get the weight program up and running like he did at ND! The strength of all programs is the off-season lifting program!
learn to compete! Watch the off season work outs of East! Everytging they do is competitive!

hold a draft for lifting groups like the Model does @ LWC. WAIT! Don’t doc that! Substance is more important than shaved arms and legs!

good hire? Not one that will return the alum of the 80’s and 90’s! Maybe it will get Miles Boykins to donate what steinburk did!!!

long gone are the days of PC in the same breath of MC, Rita, Loyola and Br rice???? Maybe!!

word is the wrestling program doesn’t recruite- they market their program. Seems to be working for them!

maybe they should take a look at the band, cheer and dance teams! Their bringing home the hardware these days!
Steinbach

N
Yes! Provy played LWE like 15 years 4 years straight and got beat! No reason not to try and give the people what they want! At least get LW West!

It doesn't make sense for them to schedule east and hasn't for some time. I'd like you to find a team that has played a tougher schedule over the last ten years because you won't. They played ccl blue schedule plus had home and home contracts with jca ,east st louis, vianney out of Missouri who won the state championship one of the years they played. Willowbrook, this year they added wheaton north. The goal for providence has been to get 5 wins and make a playoff run for a while now added east doesn't make that easier. And if you gave lwe provi's schedule over the last 10 yrs they would feel the same way.

Reactions: Panthers1211
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT